[10/24/2018] Ateneo Blue Eagles vs UE Red Warriors

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
Time: 2PM
Venue: Araneta

how many will Pasaol score against a stingy Ateneo defense? 

Comments

• inghinyeroinghinyero Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    ADMU by 18
    POG: Kouame
  • pretradginpretradgin Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Since UE does not have an import and it only takes a solitary point to win a game, this is a great opportunity for Ateneo to give extended minutes to Isaac Go to help him get his groove back. The Nieto twins should sit this game out to make sure they fully recover from their ailments. Also a great time to fine tune player combinations among bench players and practice plays for Navarro.
  • __bahay_kubo____bahay_kubo__ Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    This is too much of a mismatch in favor of Ateneo.
  • tiyo_panchotiyo_pancho Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Langya, ilalaro pa ba ito? :lol:
  • karahasankarahasan Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Malas ng UE. Kung kailan fully recovered ang ADMU, saka sila kakalabanin.

But hey, weird things have happened this season, so who knows.
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    makakapaglaro na ba Nieto twins? tingin ko dapat magpahinga na muna sila. di basta basta ang recovery from Dengue. Tyler Tio, Jolo Mondoza and Mamu have been playing solid as of late, tuloy lang dapat ni Coach Tab yan. as for Thirdy, im expecting a monster game, babawi sa suspension lay off.
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Yeah, the Nieto twins should be rested for this game. This will give opportunity for the other players in the Blue Eagles roster to step up.
    edited October 2018
    Coaching staff probably won't do it (use the other stringers even if the Nietos are healthy) though, both out of respect for the opponent, and the fact that if they do it, baka mas ganahan maglaro ang UE, due to the impression that they are being belittled.
  • fallenservicemenfallenservicemen Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    ^For me, mas okay ngang ipahinga na lang ang Nieto twins or try the other stringers when all has been set and done, meaning the Final Four cast is already complete, not in the part of the season na wala pang pasok sa post season.

ADMU by 15
    ^That would be the more practical solution. However, principle does come into play as to whether or not this will be done.
    ^Well, we all have to wait less than 24 hours for that. Hehe.
  • i_bleed_bluei_bleed_blue champion Volleyball Vanguard
    probably let the nieto twins rest muna. di naman biro ang dengue. i'd want them to fully recover muna. i mean, of course they'd be in uniform and on call. pero sana tio and wong can play good enough para di na kailanganing ipasok sina matt and mike. pero as for the others (navarro, black, andrade) i think they won't be getting extended minutes.
    Fair point naman. Pero if I were in the Red Warriors' side of things, I'd really be offended if Tab does not start Kouame tomorrow.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Start strong dapat then we can experiment, never underestimate an opponent especially this season
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i don't think tab is into experimenting unless there's a comfortable lead already.
    when you experiment early on. its a sign that you do not respect your opponent. which is the height of complacency something that is not in Coach Tab's vocabulary. they will only experiment with player combinations like bringing in Daves, Andrade and Black(sadly ganyan na lang role nya sa team) after they have broken UE's will and have secured the win. this can happen late in the 4th quarter, or maybe as early as mid 4th qtr. but if Ateneo finds UE still kicking and screaming, then expect Tab to keep his starters on the floor till the final buzzer. 
    Andrade sighting as early as the second quarter. That bad huh? 
    edited October 2018
    mukha nga. its already a 30pt lead.. btw i believe under FIBA rules you cannot interfere/block the ball only when its going on a downward trajectory. but you can tip it out/in when its on the cylinder. japeth aguilar did this all the time nung FIBA Asia.
    Was that a 3 pointer by Black? If so, ipasok na si Daves para maka quota na ang ADMU sa 3 points
This discussion has been closed.