Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Are Pinoy boy bands inferior to foreign boy bands??

FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
Bat parang walang ka latuy latoy and mga pinoy boy bands? or girl bands for that matter?

Pinoy

Latin

UK

South Korea

Comments

• KenClarkKenClark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Foreign boy bands become popular because of their music first and second only because of their looks. That cannot be said of pinoise where face over music is the determinant of being drafted in the group. 

In other words, give us a bunch of good-looking boys with superb musicality. Then we'll talk.
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pop yes. i mean who can match backstreet boys, westlife, nsync, superjunior among our boy bands.

pero the soft rock bands, Neocolours, Side A, Freestyle, True Faith, Eraserheads, Hale etc...are definitely more comparable to foreign bands, (di magpapaiwan, eka nga).

halatang lagpas 30 nako.:lol:

• Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited October 2018

Pinoys can win any world singing competition or world dance competition.

Out of 100M population, bakit hindi makahanap ng limang lalaki na parehong world class kumanta at sumayaw??

Yung mga Koreano mukhang tomboy lang LOL!

• ameleensyameleensy Bobo daw ako 🙄😅 PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^ Actually! Di ko talaga gets the hype over Korean boy bands. But then again, old na kasi ako :lol:
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    .... wala kasing bakla sa pinoy boyband. :lol:

ameleensy said:
    ^ Actually! Di ko talaga gets the hype over Korean boy bands. But then again, old na kasi ako :lol:
    Yeah, I don't get it. They look either gay or lesbian. Such crap. 

Well, it's to be expected in a generation that normalizes MENTAL DISORDERS. Not surprising.
  • Juan Plus OneJuan Plus One PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nikkilove said:
    pop yes. i mean who can match backstreet boys, westlife, nsync, superjunior among our boy bands.

pero the soft rock bands, Neocolours, Side A, Freestyle, True Faith, Eraserheads, Hale etc...are definitely more comparable to foreign bands, (di magpapaiwan, eka nga).

halatang lagpas 30 nako.:lol:

No, not in the same league.  These are lightweight gay bands!   
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️

Ok, these boys can be a pinoy boy band.

• edsoredsor PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ang galing kaya ng Hagibis :lol:
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    blame asap and mtv for that. we have the talent. ang problem is labanan now is itsura. 

kahit naman sa us/ international e. legends like the great Satchmo, Aretha Franklin, hindi sila sisikat in this day and age.
    ^or sabihin na nating totoo talaga ang "STATESIDE" mentality ng pinoy.  Hanga sa mga banyaga at walang patronage sa sariling likha at kultura.  
    that is not true. nung time ng eraserheads, truefaith, rivermaya, they were legit bands, and they are still revered til this day. 

basura lang kasi mga artista na natin. [email protected] anong kwenta ni daniel padilla? 

that is not true. nung time ng eraserheads, truefaith, rivermaya, they were legit bands, and they are still revered til this day. 

basura lang kasi mga artista na natin. [email protected] anong kwenta ni daniel padilla? 

They don't qualify as "boybands."  Read again the post of TS. 
    KenClark said:

They don't qualify as "boybands."  Read again the post of TS. 
    kaya pa hindi alam kung ano ang boy band sa banda. guran na kasi. :lol: at pang Hagibis na lang. :rof:rose:

cant believe that the Hagibis fits the boy band format.
    Nope. i know what a boy band is. we had Southborder as well. my point is, basura ang whatever we have right now, kaya walang pumapansin. 

back in the 90s we had boys to men, nsync the BSBs, menudo, Nkotb. 

which is still huge thanks to wahlburgers. 

add in the apo hiking society.

e ngayon ni rerevive lang yang kanta na yan.

back in the 90s we had boys to men, nsync the BSBs, menudo, Nkotb. 

which is still huge thanks to wahlburgers. 

boys + gay band iyan kaya nagclick.
    Nope. i know what a boy band is. we had Southborder as well. my point is, basura ang whatever we have right now, kaya walang pumapansin. 

Nope, you don't. BSB is the prototype that the TS is talking about - members who are good-looking, know how to dance, and not necessarily good in musical instruments.