COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Have you ever re-read a book?

"Have you ever re-read a book? Why and how many times?" A friend asked me this over the weekend and naisip ko na isang book pa lang pala ang nabasa ko twice—and that is—Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. The second time I read it, natapos ko in a day. I loved the story so much! How about you? 😊

Best Answers

• 0627satogoro0627satogoro Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yup, may isa akong libro na apat na beses kong binasa, yung iba mga dalawang beses lang. Punta ka lang BookSale para marami ka pang mabasa ^^ may mga nabili akong makakapal na books doon na halos 10 pesos lang at magaganda naman ang story.
  • paddylastpaddylast Cut & Run Disciple ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I've reread several of my favorite books since I'm kind of having a reading slump this year and have only read 37 new books (based on my Goodreads Reading Challenge and to think that I've only set 50 Books to read this year - a far cry from my previous years' count).

As for my favorite rereads...

I always read Beach Music by Pat Conroy if I'm feeling melancholic. Yung tipong emo mode ka and  you just want to feel good by "saying hello" to your favorite characters.

Another book on my reread list is Richard Bradford's Red Sky At Morning. I always bring my dilapidated paperback copy of this book whenever I travel which I kind of did pretty much this year (work-related). It is a coming-of-age story during the onset of the World War 2. 

Ayun, marami pa akong rereads this year including the Harry Potter series earlier this year, some LGBTQ+ books from Harper Fox and Anna Martin. Tapos meron ding N/A RomCom books from Penny Reid, L.H. Cosway, Rainbow Rowell et al. 

• Accepted Answer
    Yup, may isa akong libro na apat na beses kong binasa, yung iba mga dalawang beses lang. Punta ka lang BookSale para marami ka pang mabasa ^^ may mga nabili akong makakapal na books doon na halos 10 pesos lang at magaganda naman ang story.
    For cheap books, I go to Filbars. So many great finds there too!

What's the title of the book na four times mo nang nabasa? 
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    yes, the Bible. my h.s. and college text books...:lol:...just kidding

definitely Harry Potter Series...its the only set of books i can read again, its just so entertaining, even if you know what happens next, its like im reading it the first time. pero sila lang.

even those favorites of mine by Sidney Sheldon, Danielle Steele, Dan Brown, Stephanie Mayer, its like, I cant talaga, i feel its a waste of time for me.

Game of thrones, maybe, after the tv series ends, i would read them again. waiting for the final book then id start over.
    Accepted Answer
    Pero first time ko ma-encounter yung Goodreads Reading Challenge. How does that work? Baka pwede ko gawin yan sa 2019. 

I've only started doing the challenge in 2014 :)  If you have a Goodreads account, you can still participate. Mag-set ka lang ng number of books you'd like to read this year, then see how you'd fare by the end of the year. You can include the books you've already read this year. Okay lang if you won't be able to finish it pero siyempre may fulfillment kapag nagawa/natapos mo yung "challenge" =)
  • SamanthaBSamanthaB
    Accepted Answer
    Goodreads Reading Challenge sounds interesting. @paddlylast ;do we need to pay to register? I think it's perfect for those who are just stuck in reading slump.

On the topic. I re-read inspirational books and guides :lol:
    Accepted Answer
    SamanthaB No need to pay to register. It's a free website anyway, AKA the social media of bookworms and authors alike.

On the topic of rereading: =)
    Do you guys reread from start to finish or do you jump right away to your favorite scenes?
    Accepted Answer

While I challenge myself to re-read from cover to cover, oftentimes I would find myself jumping to the exciting chapters of the book. Hehe! 
    I do the same too! Haha! I go back and forth in between chapters too depending on my mood =)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hunger Games ... just to reference it against the movie adaptation.
  • 0627satogoro0627satogoro Member
    Accepted Answer

Wala akong makitang murang books sa Filbars dito banda sa Alabang, karamihan eh mga magazine na ang tinda nila, kaya sa Book Sale na lang ako bumibili..^^

Brother in the Land po, although hindi maganda ang naging ending, okay naman sya kahit papaano. 

Answers

• paddylast said:
    I've reread several of my favorite books since I'm kind of having a reading slump this year and have only read 37 new books (based on my Goodreads Reading Challenge and to think that I've only set 50 Books to read this year - a far cry from my previous years' count).

As for my favorite rereads...

I always read Beach Music by Pat Conroy if I'm feeling melancholic. Yung tipong emo mode ka and  you just want to feel good by "saying hello" to your favorite characters.

Another book on my reread list is Richard Bradford's Red Sky At Morning. I always bring my dilapidated paperback copy of this book whenever I travel which I kind of did pretty much this year (work-related). It is a coming-of-age story during the onset of the World War 2. 

Ayun, marami pa akong rereads this year including the Harry Potter series earlier this year, some LGBTQ+ books from Harper Fox and Anna Martin. Tapos meron ding N/A RomCom books from Penny Reid, L.H. Cosway, Rainbow Rowell et al. 

You're such a bookworm! Nakakatuwa naman. 😊

Pero first time ko ma-encounter yung Goodreads Reading Challenge. How does that work? Baka pwede ko gawin yan sa 2019. 
  • nikkilove said:
    yes, the Bible. my h.s. and college text books...:lol:...just kidding

definitely Harry Potter Series...its the only set of books i can read again, its just so entertaining, even if you know what happens next, its like im reading it the first time. pero sila lang.

even those favorites of mine by Sidney Sheldon, Danielle Steele, Dan Brown, Stephanie Mayer, its like, I cant talaga, i feel its a waste of time for me.

Game of thrones, maybe, after the tv series ends, i would read them again. waiting for the final book then id start over.
    Pag Harry Potter talaga, hindi nakakasawa! Yung tipong you can't help but flip the pages over and over kasi very interesting ang storyline. 😊
  • paddylast said:

I've only started doing the challenge in 2014 :)  If you have a Goodreads account, you can still participate. Mag-set ka lang ng number of books you'd like to read this year, then see how you'd fare by the end of the year. You can include the books you've already read this year. Okay lang if you won't be able to finish it pero siyempre may fulfillment kapag nagawa/natapos mo yung "challenge" =)
    Hey that sounds pretty exciting! I'll participate in this Goodreads challenge by January next year. Thanks for bringing this up in this thread. 
  • SamanthaB said:
    Goodreads Reading Challenge sounds interesting. @paddlylast ;do we need to pay to register? I think it's perfect for those who are just stuck in reading slump.

On the topic. I re-read inspirational books and guides :lol:
    What inspirational books are you reading? Ako, I love reading daily devotionals from the Holy Bible App. Very uplifting. 😊
  • paddylast said:
    SamanthaB No need to pay to register. It's a free website anyway, AKA the social media of bookworms and authors alike.

On the topic of rereading: =)
    Do you guys reread from start to finish or do you jump right away to your favorite scenes?
    Good to know the challenge can be done for free! All the more reason to pursue it next year! 

While I challenge myself to re-read from cover to cover, oftentimes I would find myself jumping to the exciting chapters of the book. Hehe! 
  • paddylast said:

I do the same too! Haha! I go back and forth in between chapters too depending on my mood =)
    Hahaha. Ang kulit lang natin 😊
  • Yup, may isa akong libro na apat na beses kong binasa, yung iba mga dalawang beses lang. Punta ka lang BookSale para marami ka pang mabasa ^^ may mga nabili akong makakapal na books doon na halos 10 pesos lang at magaganda naman ang story.

Wala akong makitang murang books sa Filbars dito banda sa Alabang, karamihan eh mga magazine na ang tinda nila, kaya sa Book Sale na lang ako bumibili..^^

Brother in the Land po, although hindi maganda ang naging ending, okay naman sya kahit papaano. 
    Who's the author? I'll check it out nga 😊
  • Hunger Games ... just to reference it against the movie adaptation.
    So, how do you think about the movie? Faithful naman ba sa book? 😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file