Nasasarapan ba kayo sa goto?

jeganrrjeganrr Member ✭✭
Masarap naman ang goto sa akin,pero gusto mas maraming sabaw para hindi lumalagkit yung kanin,kaso ngalang hindi daw healthy yun.

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    goto is lugaw but lugaw is not goto.

lugaw is the simpliest rice porridge. 

Image result for basic lugaw

goto is an upgraded rice porridge. masarap ang goto kung kumpeto rekado tulad ng beef stock with luya (ginger), goto (cow intestine), tuwalya (ox tripe) bawang (deep fried garlic), leeks at itlog (eggs). tripe is not really tasty.

Image result for goto recipe

it is better than Chinese congee which is bland and the only additional ingredients are the deep fried rice wrappers or a mantau (rice buns).

Image result for basic congee

honestly, it is hard to find real goto. most of the time, there is no intestine. it is replaced with beef cuts and ox tripe. worst, it is served with pork intestine.
  • pong_padourpong_padour Member ✭✭✭
    Best goto I've tried was back in my elementary days when me and my mom went to San Juan. Di ko makalimutan ang sarap. Masebo sebo, may karne ng baka, isaw, at mga taba ng baka. Wala png tumalo sa lasa nun. Saffron ba yung hinahalo dun na nagpapadilaw ng kulay?
    goto is lugaw but lugaw is not goto.

lugaw is the simpliest rice porridge. 

Image result for basic lugaw

goto is an upgraded rice porridge. masarap ang goto kung kumpeto rekado tulad ng beef stock with luya (ginger), goto (cow intestine), tuwalya (ox tripe) bawang (deep fried garlic), leeks at itlog (eggs). tripe is not really tasty.

Image result for goto recipe

it is better than Chinese congee which is bland and the only additional ingredients are the deep fried rice wrappers or a mantau (rice buns).

Image result for basic congee

honestly, it is hard to find real goto. most of the time, there is no intestine. it is replaced with beef cuts and ox tripe. worst, it is served with pork intestine.
    Yeah. Walang lasa yang chinese congee. Masyadong bland.
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    best goto for me are from Bulacan, when I was assigned there for my intermship, goodness, thats our breakfast and merienda everyday during the week. 

and even since after that, whenever wed drive north like to Baguio, Subic, Zambales, Hundred Islands, we'd stop by a lugawan in Bulacan to get a taste of their savory goto and pick up some pasalubong like pastellas, yema and turones.

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "Yeah. Walang lasa yang chinese congee. Masyadong bland."

you're thinking of porridge. you're supposed to top them with salty condiments such as preserved veggies and dried meats. 

to say that picture alone represents all chinese congee is as racist as saying all pinoys look like dark aetas. 

chinese congee is very malasa, soup base of pork bones and chicken and dried fish is used to cook the congee. haluan mo pa ng fresh meatballs, fish slices, raw egg.. delicious. 

"Yeah. Walang lasa yang chinese congee. Masyadong bland."

you're thinking of porridge. you're supposed to top them with salty condiments such as preserved veggies and dried meats. 

to say that picture alone represents all chinese congee is as racist as saying all pinoys look like dark aetas. 

chinese congee is very malasa, soup base of pork bones and chicken and dried fish is used to cook the congee. haluan mo pa ng fresh meatballs, fish slices, raw egg.. delicious. 

that is the common congee which is sold on the streets of Taiwan. it is served with mantou or deep fried rice wrappers. you would be lucky if the would fry the mantou and provide condiments. no meat, no vegetables. pure carbo-loaded meal. period.

not racist but a fact of life.

if you really want to taste real Chinese cuisine, you should eat where the common people dine and not on some fancy restaurant.
  • Goto - starchy carbs. Kalaban ng six pack. :pig:
  • jeganrrjeganrr Member ✭✭
    nikkilove said:
    best goto for me are from Bulacan, when I was assigned there for my intermship, goodness, thats our breakfast and merienda everyday during the week. 

and even since after that, whenever wed drive north like to Baguio, Subic, Zambales, Hundred Islands, we'd stop by a lugawan in Bulacan to get a taste of their savory goto and pick up some pasalubong like pastellas, yema and turones.

Masarap pala ang goto sa Bulacan!Pero diba ang Batangas kilala rin sa goto?
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    Gotong batangas has traces of or has no rice in it, its good, pero syempre im looking for the texture of rice when i take a spoonful of the soup.

sometimes we just mix it with lugaw, or inuulam na lang namin, kasi parang ulam na din.
  • Kent_21OKent_21O Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24
    Paano ba siya nagiging dilaw? 

Seryoso?
  • ameleensyameleensy Member ✭✭✭
    Goto is love 😍 Carbs be damned :lol: My friend and I frequent Goto Monster, and we learned that they use turmeric ginger, hence the yellow color of the lugaw. It's the perfect food to have after a night out. 
  • Not really a fan of Goto but I think  this one is worth a taste: https://www.yummy.ph/news-trends/goto-rice-porridge-goto-believe-a1757-20180907-lfrm2?ref=home_feed_3. Just found it while browsing the web. 
  • Sharing the link to Erwan Heussaff's lugaw/goto vlog: https://www.thefatkidinside.com/p10-vs-p800-lugaw-crawl-manila-philippines/

Really want to try that goto from Lugawan sa Tejeros! Looks so yum at a very affordable price! 
    Kent_21O said:

Seryoso?
    Siguro dun sa saffron like na nilalagay. Ayon sa aking pananaliksik, "kasubha" or safflower in enhlish pala tawag dun. Now I know. LOL
  • SamanthaB said:
    Not really a fan of Goto but I think  this one is worth a taste: https://www.yummy.ph/news-trends/goto-rice-porridge-goto-believe-a1757-20180907-lfrm2?ref=home_feed_3. Just found it while browsing the web. 
    Oh my! That goto looks so insanely and deliciously good! Grabe yung sahog ha, very generous! I'm already thinking of having goto for dinner tonight, seriously! Haha! 
  • Ano ba to? GOTO pinaguusapan may sumasagot ng CHINESE CONGEE? Hindi mawala-wala sa PEENOISE yung PAGKUKUMPARA?

Eneweys, MASARAP ang GOTO DEPENDE syempre kung SAAN BINILI. May mga GOTOHAN na TINGIN mo pa lng sa KALDERO eh MALULUWA ka na. Minsan nga DAW sa iba eh ang SAHOG imbes na BEEF eh KARNE NG PUSA!!! P(0)TA NMAN O!!! HAHAHA
    Ay mali SIOPAO ata yun? Pero kahit na Hahaha
  • SamanthaB said:
    Not really a fan of Goto but I think  this one is worth a taste: https://www.yummy.ph/news-trends/goto-rice-porridge-goto-believe-a1757-20180907-lfrm2?ref=home_feed_3. Just found it while browsing the web. 
    Oh my! That goto looks so insanely and deliciously good! Grabe yung sahog ha, very generous! I'm already thinking of having goto for dinner tonight, seriously! Haha! 
    Yes! It really looks delicious. Sahog palang busog kana. Unfortunately, mukhang wala nyan dito so would try to cook it at home :lol:
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "if you really want to taste real Chinese cuisine, you should eat where the common people dine and not on some fancy restaurant."

how is congee or lugaw considered fancy? it's peasant food pa nga. 

well okay, ofcourse anything from the net must be gram worthy. but by and large... it is peasant food. 

^ pasenya na sir. just speaking out of experience. seryoso kahit condiments WALA.

actually, your picture made my post more clear. the tasteless congee is in the middle surrounded by the upgrades. WOW sesame oil. we dont even use that with congees at Chinese restaurants in the Philippines.

buti pa sa Pinas meron patis, toyo, suka, paminta at calamansi na pwedeng ihalo.

Kent_21O said:

Seryoso?
    luya (the tumeric variety)

but lately, it is just a MSG bullion.

SamanthaB said:
    paano kung palitan ng beef at chicharon yun ingredients.

Ano ba to? GOTO pinaguusapan may sumasagot ng CHINESE CONGEE? Hindi mawala-wala sa PEENOISE yung PAGKUKUMPARA?

Eneweys, MASARAP ang GOTO DEPENDE syempre kung SAAN BINILI. May mga GOTOHAN na TINGIN mo pa lng sa KALDERO eh MALULUWA ka na. Minsan nga DAW sa iba eh ang SAHOG imbes na BEEF eh KARNE NG PUSA!!! P(0)TA NMAN O!!! HAHAHA
    Ay mali SIOPAO ata yun? Pero kahit na Hahaha
    like what i said before, cow's intestine is great but most of the goto today does not have it. it is replaced with beef chucks, pork rind, tofu or pork intestine.
  • lagyan mo nlng liempo or chickenjoy cgurado angsarap nyan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file