Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden

BUILDING A HOUSE IN THE PROVINCE

Hello!

I would just like to humbly ask for your opinion / suggestion regarding building a house? I am 27 years old, turning 28 in the first quarter next year. I plan to build my own house ( 60 sqm ) when I turn 33 and gave myself the next five years to save up for it. Do you guys think Php 500,000 would be enough for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom house? It will be built in a 5th class city in a province in Mindanao. I am currently paying in installment a 100 sqm lot. 

The interior would be similar to this ( minus the fancy stuffs )
Image result for minimalist small house interior design philippines

And, the exterior similar to this
Image result for minimalist small house design philippines

Hope to hear from you guys!

Answers

• boy_banoboy_bano PEx Rookie ⭐
    500k... structural - yes.
    finishing and furniture - add more sa budget.
    for 100 sqm lot, add ka 2nd floor (around 300k additional). dumadami kasi gamit ng tao in the long run.

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    labor is cheap in the provinces but the building material are not. remember, the hardware owner is a businessman and he has to earn a profit from transportation and operation of his business. pray there is a CHB block manufacture at your province to cut down on cost. im not sure if the saving with the labor can offset the high material cost, not unless, you are planning to buy the material for yourself and transport these to Mindanao as bulk.

yan ang ginagawa namin. to cut down on cost, we and the owner will buy the material directly from China and ship everything as one cargo. this offsets the profit placed by importer and retailer.

before, our ballpark standard for low cost housing is just 12,000 per sqm and a modest house is 18,000. that is for Metro Manila and the neighboring provinces. so for a low cost 60sqm house, it would cost around 720,000 and 1,080,000 for a modest house.

the biggest risk in utilizing the local labor is the quality and speed of construction.
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    For 5th class area, yes. 

I came from Mindanao and I live in a first class city, so kabalo ko. Naa miy mga mass housing projects dito being sold at around this amount na ani ang itsura, to think both balay and yuta na siya.

Good luck and I hope you can save more para nindot pud ang imong balay!