FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Ateneo V-Ball: FAITH, TRUST, COURAGE [XXVI]

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member ✭✭✭
    i like it that the lady eagles are not being predicted by many to make it to the finals and even the final 4.  
  • highkeylowkeyhighkeylowkey DLSU WVT #1 SWAG Volleyball Vanguard
    TheShadow said:
    i like it that the lady eagles are not being predicted by many to make it to the finals and even the final 4.  
    What's new? They predict it every year
  • yestoyesto Administrator PEx Admin
    on a lighter note, makakakita na kaya tayo ng bagong jersey style from the Lady Eagles? Parang after ng ONE PIECE era nila, halos magkakamukha na ang jersey nila. naiiba lang yung cut ng top at yung funky shorts nila. 
  • wolitswcwolitswc Member ✭✭✭✭
    TheShadow said:
    True. The girls don’t need any more pressure when they get it first from their own fans. 
  • smashcolorsmashcolor Member
    actually mas gusto kng ung  clean jersey na wala maxadong design at bumabawi nlng sa short
  • AidzzzterStar10AidzzzterStar10 Member ✭✭✭✭
    yesto said:
    on a lighter note, makakakita na kaya tayo ng bagong jersey style from the Lady Eagles? Parang after ng ONE PIECE era nila, halos magkakamukha na ang jersey nila. naiiba lang yung cut ng top at yung funky shorts nila. 
    Yung wish ko talaga boss is yung uniform na mala US NCAA style na long sleeve or 3/4 top and short shorts. Hopefully Nike will allow the girls to customize their shoes para mas unique tingnan.
  • mckymcky Member ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if there are people who seriously have high expectations for a team with this many new developments. Individually they're probably all good or on the way there. The biggest question is if they can lock down their chemistry as a team. Like @wolitswc said, the changes mid-season made the last one a hard watch. It's early days yet so they have time to distinguish their places and get familiar with the others but as always, it's better to keep expectations in check.
  • inghinyeroinghinyero Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    baludoy said:
    one thing's for sure,  we'll know who'll be lined-up among the rookies once team management and the school get to know who can   keep up w/ the rigid academic requirements of the ateneo.      i'm pretty sure team officials would keep a keen eye on those new comers who came from schools w/c aren't known to be scholarly  powerhouses in the primary and secondary levels.    heck,  i won't even  be surprised if   some of the fil-for students struggle w/  their acads at loyola heights.          
    medyo elitist naman 'tong statement na to? di pwedeng pantay-pantay?
  • I truly hope the PVL management will consider Ateneo’s request to field in 2 teams during the open conference. Should that happen, I wish Coach O will divide the training pool into Team A (veterans/senior players) and Team B (rookies). Of course, Team A might need to have a few rookies in their line up para umabot naman yung count nila sa 14. This will greatly help the rookies develop character, composure, and fighting spirit. If ever, sana the team composition will look a little something like this...

Team A:
    OH: Ponggay, Kim G., Yumi
    MB: Beadel, Maddie, Jules
    OPP: Kat, Cacee
    S: Deanna
    L: Dani, Ria

Team B:
    OH: Sam, Milli, Pat, Aya
    MB: Jaycel, Mica, Sofia
    OPP: Erika, Vanie
    S: Jaja
    L: Kiara, Bela
    Hoping for the best...
  • DauntlessDawnDauntlessDawn Member ✭✭✭
    Ako naman if they decide to field in two teams ito naman ang line up ko.

Team A:

OH 1: Fanger
    OH 2: Raagas
    Opp : Kat
    MB 1: BDL
    MB 2: Maddie
    S: Jaja
    L: Dani

Team A:

OH 1: Gandler
    OH 2: Salvino
    Opp: Kim G.
    MB 1: Ponggay
    MB 2: Jules
    S: Wong
    L: Cruz/Bela
  • I will still consider Navarro in any of these line up. Jerry Yee, a well decorated coach was the one who trained her. 

Based on https://www.spin.ph/volleyball/hope-christian-high-school-two-titles-girls-volleyball-moleskine-league-of-south-metro-manila-school "Hope Christian captured the Moleskine Crosscourt Volleyball Tournament in 2016 after defeating St. Scholastica College in the championship match at the San Beda gym, before also taking the League of Southern Manila Schools title with a win over La Salle-Lipa."

If your basing your judgment on their highlights on YouTube, those are highlights in high school. Navarro may not have a highlight video but based on that article, her team defeated Jaja Maraguinot's school and southern Manila schools.

I read on Facebook that Fanger is also an awarded athlete. She got the 2017 Highlander MVP Award "daw" from Piedmont. However, highlander award is not an mvp award but an award given by a coach to select athletes. It's a school award, not a championship award or an inter school award. It's an award not based on your performance but based on your coach judgement. Parang sa school natin pag wala ka sa honor, pwede na ding "Most Behaved". That's exactly what Highlander Award is, someone who follows his coach instructions. Masunurin. So much hype for Fanger.

She didn't attend any of the training, line up na agad.
  • TheShadow said:

Who will? With this kind of line up! 
    TheShadow said:

yup no one in this site and that's why i like it. it's good to come into a season being treated like a non-contender. 
  • DauntlessDawnDauntlessDawn Member ✭✭✭
    I will still consider Navarro in any of these line up. Jerry Yee, a well decorated coach was the one who trained her. 

Based on https://www.spin.ph/volleyball/hope-christian-high-school-two-titles-girls-volleyball-moleskine-league-of-south-metro-manila-school "Hope Christian captured the Moleskine Crosscourt Volleyball Tournament in 2016 after defeating St. Scholastica College in the championship match at the San Beda gym, before also taking the League of Southern Manila Schools title with a win over La Salle-Lipa."

If your basing your judgment on their highlights on YouTube, those are highlights in high school. Navarro may not have a highlight video but based on that article, her team defeated Jaja Maraguinot's school and southern Manila schools.

I read on Facebook that Fanger is also an awarded athlete. She got the 2017 Highlander MVP Award "daw" from Piedmont. However, highlander award is not an mvp award but an award given by a coach to select athletes. It's a school award, not a championship award or an inter school award. It's an award not based on your performance but based on your coach judgement. Parang sa school natin pag wala ka sa honor, pwede na ding "Most Behaved". That's exactly what Highlander Award is, someone who follows his coach instructions. Masunurin. So much hype for Fanger.

Magaling talaga si Navarro base dun sa Viking Cup Open. Sya yung opposite spiker ng Team nila BDL at Wong.
  • I will still consider Navarro in any of these line up. Jerry Yee, a well decorated coach was the one who trained her. 

Magaling talaga si Navarro base dun sa Viking Cup Open. Sya yung opposite spiker ng Team nila BDL at Wong.
    Totally agree! Navarro did a great job sa Viking Cup Open 
  • TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

yup no one in this site and that's why i like it. it's good to come into a season being treated like a non-contender. 
    I beg to disagree! Low expectations = low trust! We did very well in recruitment but people can see the problem with line up. We are not maximizing our players. We are putting players in the line up based on their popularity not on their skills. We should do better! This is not a popularity contest!
    edited August 4
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

I beg to disagree! Low expectations = low trust! We did very well in recruitment but people can see the problem with line up. We are not maximizing our players. We are putting players in the line up based on their popularity not on their skills. We should do better! This is not a popularity contest!
    obviously you didn't get what i meant. from a team standpoint, it's good for the competition to not think of your team as being able to compete well. it should serve as motivation to excel more than expected.

so who are you referring to as the player whose popularity is the only reason for being included in the lineup? fanger (based on your 1st post)? she's lined up in an exhibition match, not in a tournament, so no need to get all riled up. besides, if there's an opportunity to try out the newbies, it's during the preseason (just like what they're doing in the viking cup open where everyone gets to play). 

this is also the reason why coach o would like to have 2 teams in the pvl open - so everyone gets a chance to play and prove their worth.

so you can send your "she's popular that's why she's in the lineup" notion to the trash bin.
  • TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

obviously you didn't get what i meant. from a team standpoint, it's good for the competition to not think of your team as being able to compete well. it should serve as motivation to excel more than expected.

so who are you referring to as the player whose popularity is the only reason for being included in the lineup? fanger (based on your 1st post)? she's lined up in an exhibition match, not in a tournament, so no need to get all riled up. besides, if there's an opportunity to try out the newbies, it's during the preseason (just like what they're doing in the viking cup open where everyone gets to play). 

this is also the reason why coach o would like to have 2 teams in the pvl open - so everyone gets a chance to play and prove their worth.

so you can send your "she's popular that's why she's in the lineup" notion to the trash bin.
    Meron ba kasing favoritism or nepotism na nangyayari sa team? Nagtatanong lang po
    danz18 said:
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

Meron ba kasing favoritism or nepotism na nangyayari sa team? Nagtatanong lang po
    hahaha i'm not the person to ask since i don't spread gossip. =)
  • wolitswcwolitswc Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pwede namang skilled naman rookies natin it's just that iba iba sila ng level at this point in time. 

Baka naman yung iba, angat sa ibang skills tapos bokya sa iba. Yung mapapasok dapat sound in all skills. I would refrain from commenting on our rookies' performance until we see them play consistently to gauge their actual skill level. Iba yung nag-rereceive ka ng serve ng kapwa high school player vs mag-receive ng serve ni Kim G or mag-dig ng spike ni Kat Tolentino. 

Tsaka depende sa strategy ni Coach O na yan. And for me, this should be a rookie who can perform her individual role most effectively that her teammates would not need to double time to compensate for her. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file