FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Ateneo V-Ball: FAITH, TRUST, COURAGE [XXVI]

Comments

• AidzzzterStar10AidzzzterStar10 Member ✭✭✭✭
    wolitswc said:
    Sabi siguro ni coach Tai "Bakit nung time ko wala tong mga ganitong klase ng rookies?" 😂

Imagine if natrain sana sila ni Coach Tai ng "PAWERRRR!"

hindi ba pwedeng kunin si coach Tai as a trainer na lang, kahit before uAap lang
    Diba?! Kung si Coach Tai yan parang s76, keberlu kanila Mona at Tasha Faustino. Ligwakers sila in favor of Jia and co. Bahala na kayo kung sino sila Mona sa current team. Charot.

pero seriously wala naman issue kung gawing trainer si Coach Tai kung gugustuhin naman ng management. Parang mas okay ngang mag-ala consultant sya. 
    The chances of CT becoming the team’s trainer/skills coach right now? Probably next to impossible. Remember? Season 79 pa lang ata, the management(?) was already itching to replace Coach Tai and remove TBL from the team, for reasons na only they know. Coach Tai doesn’t seem like the type to hold on to negative feelings but with how poorly the management treated him prior to start of season 80, I highly doubt he still wants to work with people who barely even respect him. It’s sad really when you come to think about it. Coach O gets to work with a lot of promising talent while Coach Tai had to make do with what very little was given to him. I’m not sure if that would still have been the case if Sir Arthur Lim hadn’t passed away so soon. But it’s all in the past now. C’est la vie.
  • lucarns_0613lucarns_0613 Eagles FTW!!!! ✭✭✭✭
    TheShadow said:
    wolitswc said:
    Sabi siguro ni coach Tai "Bakit nung time ko wala tong mga ganitong klase ng rookies?" 😂

hindi ba pwedeng kunin si coach Tai as a trainer na lang, kahit before uAap lang
    Diba?! Kung si Coach Tai yan parang s76, keberlu kanila Mona at Tasha Faustino. Ligwakers sila in favor of Jia and co. Bahala na kayo kung sino sila Mona sa current team. Charot.

pero seriously wala naman issue kung gawing trainer si Coach Tai kung gugustuhin naman ng management. Parang mas okay ngang mag-ala consultant sya. 
    I dont remember Mona in the S76 line-up. Si Patnongon at Faustino mana pa. Even Tajima I guess.

Siguro tama lang na hindi pa i-exposed masyado si Fanger this PVL. I’d rather na meron pa ding players na hindi sobrang scouted.

Sabagay if not for Kat, Maddie and Ponggay’s absence, hindi siguro sila gagamitin ni Coach O. Malaki pa kasi ang hahabulin sa defense nila compared to Vannie and Bela.
    i think not having someone scouted is only practical if the person has already developed all the skills needed to be able to compete at a high level competition like the uaap, without the need to participate in preseason tournaments.

however, based on the comments above, fanger still needs to develop her floor defense to be a more complete threat in the uaap. given this, might as well make her develop, and work on, her fd double time in both practices and actual games. there's no point in hiding someone if she still needs to work on specific skills to be able to compete effectively come the real battles (unless of course we are confident that our coaching staff is competent enough to accelerate her fd skills during practices and scrimmages).  
    Ngek on the point about being scouted haha! I believe kasi sa scouting, hindi lang strenghts ang tinitingnan. Yung over-all game ng player or team itself. Assuming people know that Fanger is good in offense, wouldn’t they target her with heavy serves knowing volleyball now is almost always about good reception??? Next lang talaga yung offense and Coach O knows this. He has the tools to make a great offensive team, but look at the FD. Same old problems but nice that they are quite improving. Coach O is bent on carefully creating a champion-caliber team, balanced defense and offense, that Coach Tai somewhat failed to do in the last 3 years.

And I’d rather that they fix their lapses during trainings, kesa magkalat ng magkalat sa actual games. Yung rookies naman can be “role players” and its not bad at all. Right timing lang kelangan :)

• TheShadowTheShadow Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22
    TheShadow said:
    wolitswc said:

I dont remember Mona in the S76 line-up. Si Patnongon at Faustino mana pa. Even Tajima I guess.

Siguro tama lang na hindi pa i-exposed masyado si Fanger this PVL. I’d rather na meron pa ding players na hindi sobrang scouted.

Sabagay if not for Kat, Maddie and Ponggay’s absence, hindi siguro sila gagamitin ni Coach O. Malaki pa kasi ang hahabulin sa defense nila compared to Vannie and Bela.
    i think not having someone scouted is only practical if the person has already developed all the skills needed to be able to compete at a high level competition like the uaap, without the need to participate in preseason tournaments.

however, based on the comments above, fanger still needs to develop her floor defense to be a more complete threat in the uaap. given this, might as well make her develop, and work on, her fd double time in both practices and actual games. there's no point in hiding someone if she still needs to work on specific skills to be able to compete effectively come the real battles (unless of course we are confident that our coaching staff is competent enough to accelerate her fd skills during practices and scrimmages).  
    Ngek on the point about being scouted haha! I believe kasi sa scouting, hindi lang strenghts ang tinitingnan. Yung over-all game ng player or team itself. Assuming people know that Fanger is good in offense, wouldn’t they target her with heavy serves knowing volleyball now is almost always about good reception??? Next lang talaga yung offense and Coach O knows this. He has the tools to make a great offensive team, but look at the FD. Same old problems but nice that they are quite improving. Coach O is bent on carefully creating a champion-caliber team, balanced defense and offense, that Coach Tai somewhat failed to do in the last 3 years.

And I’d rather that they fix their lapses during trainings, kesa magkalat ng magkalat sa actual games. Yung rookies naman can be “role players” and its not bad at all. Right timing lang kelangan :)

well that's just my opinion anyway. like what i said, if people are confident that the coaching staff can accelerate her fd during practices and scrimmages to uaap-level requirements, then by all means hide her. i do admire your confidence in the lapses being successfully addressed during their training sessions "kesa magkalat ng magkalat sa actual games" because given most of the posts i have read here (and the games i have watched online), looks like we haven't had productive-enough training sessions yet to address the usual weaknesses. but hey, there's still time right? 
  • wolitswcwolitswc Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22
    wolitswc said:

I remember her kasi she was featured as a graduating senior athlete sa AVP na pinalabas dun sa bonfire after s76 game 4. 
  • lucarns_0613lucarns_0613 Eagles FTW!!!! ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22
    Season 76 ata to :)

Baka student-manager na po sya jan.
  • DauntlessDawnDauntlessDawn Member ✭✭✭
    OH 1: Gandler
    OH 2: Fanger
    Opp: Kat
    MB 1: Maddie
    MB 2: Ponggay/Samonte
    S: Wong
    L: Peralta

Tapos yung papalitan lang ng Libero is si Maddie. Parang DLSU nung era ni Tyang Aby since meron syang depensa sa likod. 

Tapos yung papalitan lang ng Libero is si Maddie. Parang DLSU nung era ni Tyang Aby since meron syang depensa sa likod. 

“How dare you” daw sabi ng Beafinity. Chos.

Interesting first 6 if ever, kaya din kasi mag backrow nila Jules at Ponggay. 
  • nheii0215nheii0215 Thank You JIAmazing! ✭✭✭
    wolitswc said:

Agree, and they are good blockers din especially Ponggay. I think dapat si Ponggay na lang gawing MB2, wag siya palitan sa likod para di sayang yung FD niya. Sana itry to ni Coach O.
  • alenclydealenclyde Member ✭✭
    nheii0215 said:
    wolitswc said:

Agree, and they are good blockers din especially Ponggay. I think dapat si Ponggay na lang gawing MB2, wag siya palitan sa likod para di sayang yung FD niya. Sana itry to ni Coach O.
    Not exact pero nung Vikings Cup, during the time na MB si Ponggay, hindi siya pinapalitan ng libero right? Rather it is either Ayumi or Cacee na pinapalitan ng libero. It actually makes sense kung ibabalik din as MB si Ponggay but hindi papalitan ala Dindin Santiago or Aby Maraño. Not only is Ponggay a good blocker (her leap is better kapag MB siya than Winger) but may variation din siya sa offense like running, back quick, shoot set etc.
  • LeeRoLeeRo Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion naman, most likely ito ang magiging starting 6 sa UAAP

OH1: GANDLER
    OH2: GASTON
    MB1: MADAYAG
    MB2: DE LEON
    Utility: TOLENTINO
    Setter: WONG

Libero: Dito ako hindi sure. Maraming puwedeng mangyari from this time leading up to the UAAP season. RAVENA or PERALTA? It's tough...
  • nheii0215nheii0215 Thank You JIAmazing! ✭✭✭
    LeeRo said:
    In my opinion naman, most likely ito ang magiging starting 6 sa UAAP

OH1: GANDLER
    OH2: GASTON
    MB1: MADAYAG
    MB2: DE LEON
    Utility: TOLENTINO
    Setter: WONG

Libero: Dito ako hindi sure. Maraming puwedeng mangyari from this time leading up to the UAAP season. RAVENA or PERALTA? It's tough...
    Lo parin daw kasi expect the unexpected.
  • smashcolorsmashcolor Member

haha prang may sama ng loob si tai sa ateneo.. napa comment sya sa fb about the meditation... sabi nya dont copy kng d marunong mag meditate kakalurkeyyy... tpos si paryley naka pag congrats  kayt ai with numbers pa 3-0 gnyan
  • inghinyeroinghinyero Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ano repercussions if di papalitan si Ponggay sa likod, diba aksaya sa subs yun?
  • immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn Volleyball Vanguard

haha prang may sama ng loob si tai sa ateneo.. napa comment sya sa fb about the meditation... sabi nya dont copy kng d marunong mag meditate kakalurkeyyy... tpos si paryley naka pag congrats  kayt ai with numbers pa 3-0 gnyan
    Nakakaloka patingin lol
  • smashcolorsmashcolor Member
    edited October 22

Nakakaloka patingin lol

edited October 22
    Yung kung sino daw di nagtitiwala sa kanya wag daw gawin. Ooohhhh. Hahaha. Shaaaade. 

To be fair, tama naman si Coach Tai. You can’t meditate well na naka-lean forward. Kailangan while sitting straight.
  • nicoladairnicoladair Member ✭✭✭
    Kaya pla based dun sa pic, si maddie at si kat lang ang consistent ang performance kasi sila lang ang naka ayos ang posture while meditating ahahaha chos
  • QUBEQUBE Member ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm...kung ganyan ang pananaw ni CT e di wala tayong magagawa.  Pero kung ako sa kanya, i will be happy that my previous team is still doing some of the things he introduced,  medyo mali nga lang ang posture. Hehe.  Pero more than the posture, the mental disposition is crucial to make the meditation effective.  
  • mepomepo LOL - Support - NAMI ✭✭✭
    Parang mali naman talaga yung meditation part.... Ginagawa para marelax body at mind.... No wonder 
  • mepomepo LOL - Support - NAMI ✭✭✭
    Look at peralta... O dba.... Tamang posture bongga si rookie.. Hahahahahahaha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file