Home PEx Relationships LGBT Forum
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Surrogacy or Adoption in the Philippines

dylandarkkdylandarkk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi guys, I just want to ask lalo na sa mga taong may experience na ng ganito. 

Quick background story. I'm married to my husband for 5 years now. We wanted to have a child or children to complete our family. We live here in Texas, USA. We have our own home and everything. 

My question now, has anyone tried surrogacy or adoption in the philippines? do guys know how much is the cost? What's the process? 

My husband and I are US citiZens if it helps. Also I saw one of those theeads about surrogacy here kaya I wanted to know what happened if it worked out well for you guys. Please help thank you :)

Comments

• neinsagerneinsager PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    OMG I would probably never do it in the Philippines. At least not until the laws have changed. 

1. There is no law that governs surrogacy in the Philippines. So by default, the Family Code will apply. The surrogate will be considered the mother. So if she decides she does not want to give up the baby after giving birth, it will be very difficult for you to take the baby away from her. There's a reason why Vicki Belo did it in California.

2. Adoption siguro pwede if you're OK with just one of you adopting. But since Philippine law does not recognize your marriage to your husband, it will be pretty difficult if not impossible for you and your husband to adopt as a couple. 

Malabo masyado ang adoption law satin. Unless na lang you want to risk litigating in Philippine courts for decades, then OK knock yourself out.
  • dylandarkkdylandarkk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    thank you for answering my questions it helped a lot. mukang mahihirapan then kami sa pinas magpasurrogacy then. so better choice is here in the states then? malaki ba gastos?
    nakapag surrogacy na ba kayo neinsager?
    ^ Nope and di ko feel ang surrogacy. We're looking into adoption though. Makabawas man sa mga batang walang magulang. Pero tsaka na pag able na. Magastos din eh.
    do you know what's the first step I should do for adoption? i heard it costs like $15k-$40k dollars. If ever magadopt kami gusto ko baby palang.
    edited July 2018
    Here in Australia, there's a government agency (FACS) that handles adoptions. If you want to adopt you apply through them or through a private agency. They make you take a seminar and may assessment pa kung suitable ka ba as an adoptive parent. Kung maga-adopt kami from the Philippines, pwede rin FACS ang umasikaso pero mahal na singil nila. Hindi pa kasama doon yung gastos sa process sa Pilipinas. And syempre yung stress of dealing with our government. So locally kami maga-adopt.

Ang plano namin is mag-foster care muna para ma-test din namin kung OK ba kami with taking care of children na hindi namin kaanu-ano. Isa rin kasi factor yun under the law here na dati ka na may experience sa pagaalaga ng bata.
  • mrktonymrktony PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i was thinking also to do surrogacy pero hindi dito sa pinas. I tried inquiring sa Thailand, pero umayaw ako dahil sa gastos. You will need at least 1M. If mayaman ka, go na. But for a regular guy like me wala akong ganitong amount. For me kasi, this is the only way i can have kid. I wanted to adopt also dito sa Pinas, pero it will take time bago ka makakuha ng result. Isang other way, kung may kilala ka na buntis this time and ayaw nila yung baby. I have friend who did this process, this time malaki na yung bata at masaya sya sa anak nya. Sana ako din may mahanap na ganito :-)
  • CreamyGravyCreamyGravy PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^malaki ang chance sa provinces yung may maraming anak at di na kaya pang buhayin ang baby. Nasa pag-uusap na yun malamang. Pero marami sigurong papers na gagastusin mapunta lang sa iyo ang surname ng child. Not really sure.

I wanna have a baby too someday. 
  • NoraOneNoraOne PExer
    edited January 2019
    Very informative topic, thanks!
    I will tell my story.
    I had blocked fallopian tubes diagnosed in 2013.
    My hubby really wanted to have children and insisted that we look for different options.
    My attending doctor insisted that we need to find a surrogate mother, as this was the only way out for us.
    I read a lot about this procedure and prepared for it morally very carefully.
    We had to look for an egg donor, as my body simply does not produce them.
    We have to choose the procedure of surrogacy in Europe.  
    After 5 attempts, we finally became the parents of a great boy.
    This is a real miracle!
    Nothing is impossible!