COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Philippine President Duterte apologizes for calling God 'stupid'

Philippine President Duterte apologizes for calling God 'stupid'

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/16/philippine-president-duterte-apologizes-for-calling-god-stupid.html

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte apologized to the “all forgiving God” after being heavily criticized for calling God “stupid” and a “son of a b****” in a controversial televised speech last month.

Duterte, 73, made the apology during a two-hour meeting with religious leaders at the Malago Clubhouse, but clarified that he was not saying sorry to any church or religious leader.

“I only apologize to God and nobody else,” he told Jesus Is Lord founder Eduardo Villanueva in a video posted on Facebook. “If I wronged God, then he would be happy to listen to my apology. Why? Because my God is all-forgiving. He does not remember past hurts. Why? Because God created me to be good, not bad.”

The Filipino leader reminded the religious leaders about the separation of church and state, saying they should not use God’s name to attack him or his administration.

“Remember that there is a division between church and state. You can criticize anything at all— from the garbage collector to generals and even to vice president and senator,” Duterte said. “But never, never use the name of God as a front to attack government because that is not the proper way to do it. There is a separation of state and church. Do not use God to attack me. That is not proper and I’m sure that is not what God wants.”

Duterte met with the religious leaders to improve his strained relations with Asia’s largest Catholic Church Monday and Tuesday last week after Philippine Catholic bishops called for fasting and prayer.

PHILIPPINE PRESIDENT RODRIGO DUTERTE UNDER FIRE AFTER CALLING GOD ‘STUPID’

When Duterte criticized God and the Bible’s concept of original sin last month, his spokesman, Ruperto Santos, defended his remarks, saying the president has the right to express his opinion on religion and cited his previous disclosure that he was once sexually abused as a student by a priest.

Duterte has reportedly joked a few times that he would create a new religion called “Iglesia ni Duterte” where believers can do whatever they want, according to Filipino website Politiko.

Comments

• Ang tao kasi minsan kung umasta parang sya na ang dyos sa sarili nya kaya ang kinauwian ay katangahan 
  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin PExer
    edited July 2018
    DDS prisidint :lol:

edited August 2018
    Save na po matagal na...
    Image may contain 2 people text
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    Image result for gloria arroyo i am sorry
    we know your kind.

SORRY, WE ARE NOT STUPID LIKE #16MillionStupidFilipinos
  • joerizjoeriz Member ✭✭
    REPENT!!  REPENT!!! REPENT!!!
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

Duterte: God assured me all EJK victims will go to heaven

DAVAO CITY— In what appears to be a mocking comment against his critics, President Rodrigo Duterte said Friday God promised him that all victims of extrajudicial killings would go to heaven.

Enjoy your human rights in heaven,” Duterte said, addressing critics of his drug war that had killed thousands after he assumed office.

“God promised me all extrajudicial killing victims will go to heaven, iyan ang hiningi ko sa Dios. Sabi naman ng Dios, ‘pwede, pwede [That’s what I asked from God and God said, it can be done, it can be done],’” Duterte said.

“Gawin ko ba iyan kung walang guarantee? Kawawa naman, [Will I do it without guarantee? What a pity] now, they have consolation, they will go to heaven,” Duterte said as he led the inauguration of the Northern Mindanao Wellness and Reintegration Center in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.

“They’re doing drugs and they go to hell? Now, we have a consolation, they’re going to heaven. I said, God, just allow them, I am not asking for anything,” he said.

“Reserve the hottest place in hell for me and may I burn until eternity,” he said, but added, “If there’s hell.”

“Why would God create an oven for his creation? I said I have a God but it is not your stupid God,” he added.

The Philippine National Police counts more than 4,000 deaths—excluding those killed by motorcycle riding gunmen.

But the police maintained that the government did not have any policy “to kill drug suspects” in their operations.

The International Criminal Court in The Hague is currently investigating Duterte for drug-related killings based on the complaints of his former police aide and self-described assassin who told the court that the President had ordered the deaths of criminals and political foes when he was the mayor for decades of Davao City in the southern Philippines. /jpv

• joerizjoeriz Member ✭✭
    All of you who wants to go to heaven say :Yay!"
    "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"
    Now, who wants to go to heaven now?
    (silence)
    Kasya kaya ang ELK sa Heaven. Sobrang dami pinatay ni Dutiti

• fyrkrkrfyrkrkr Member ✭✭✭
    Sass Rogando Sasot writes:

Hi Karen Davila!

It has come to my attention na naguguluhan ka bakit si Duterte eh hindi na penalize dahil he cursed the "church." Ako rin naguguluhan sis at isa kang major major journalist pero super minor minor ang research skills mo. How did you reach the top? I'm all for women on top. Share mo naman ang skills mo.

Nakakaloka ka teh. Di ba pumasok sa utak mo na Wala namang batas against cursing the church so anong magiging basis ng Supreme Court? Ache, are you with us? I mean not politically speaking but in terms of being present in the same universe?

Ache, I wrote about offending religious beliefs in my column before in The Manila Times, check mo kung may time kang magbasa --- you know reading is fundamental - at hindi pagpapa-aquanet ng buhok ang inaasikaso mo.

"Article 133 of the Revised Penal Code [the one that Celdran violated] only prohibits offending religious feelings “in a place devoted to religious worship or during the celebration of any religious ceremony.” Outside those contexts, religious feelings aren’t protected from being offended.

But what to make of Sereno’s support for Villanueva’s position that mocking God can be a violation of the Constitution? Hogwash.

The Constitution doesn’t prohibit mocking any god. What it prohibits is any “religious test…for the exercise of civil or political rights.” That means the exercise of any civil or political right, such as freedom of expression, cannot be restricted by one’s religious belief, renouncement, or even mockery of such beliefs. If your belief is that the god of a particular religion is stupid, that belief isn’t prohibited from being expressed. Doing so would be tantamount to having a religious test for freedom of expression."

https://www.manilatimes.net/…/on-offending-religiou…/415455/

• fyrkrkrfyrkrkr Member ✭✭✭

Since itong si Karen ay paulit paulit ang tanong eh dapat paulit ulit din ang sagot.

Karen Davila, napakalaki ng sinasahod mo, pero di ka man lang nag-research? Alam mo ba iyong batas na na-violate ni Celdran? Eto:

Article 133 of the Revised Penal Code only prohibits offending religious feelings “in a place devoted to religious worship or during the celebration of any religious ceremony.” Outside those contexts, religious feelings aren’t protected from being offended.

So, i-spoon feed pa ba sayo kung bakit di applicable kay Duterte yan, pero applicable sa ginawa ni Celdran?

No automatic alt text available

.                                                                                                                                     .

• Good. Now stop attacking Christianity with your policies and legislation, start by shutting down that sogie crap and by repealing the satanic reproductive health law. 
  • He is an agnostic , wc I'm inclined to go back too after being a diehard atheist ... he is on point, apologize to God the creator of existence itself
    BUT NEVER APOLOGIZE TO CHURCH LEADERS, MATTER OF FACT, IT IS THEM THE CHURCH LEADERS WHO SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO HUMANITY 
  • He is an agnostic , wc I'm inclined to go back too after being a diehard atheist ... he is on point, apologize to God the creator of existence itself
    BUT NEVER APOLOGIZE TO CHURCH LEADERS, MATTER OF FACT, IT IS THEM THE CHURCH LEADERS WHO SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO HUMANITY 
    He insulted God, not just the Church leaders, and depending on the Church leader and why, i might even agree with you, but im pretty sure you will be talking about the conservative ones, while i will be talking a bout the liberal ones like dolan and tagle and the traitors who supported the satanic rh law and homosexuality. 
  • I am speaking about all Christian and Muslim leaders all Abrahamic religious sect. It's a retarded religion evil and cruel that brought harm chaos violence throughout human history. Atheistm will be the IN thing in the next century thanks to the internet 

.                                                                                                                                                      .

.                                                                                                                                                   .

.                                                                                                                        .

• private-iprivate-i Member ✭✭✭

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

By Daniel Burke and Susannah Cullinane

Updated 0040 GMT (0840 HKT) August 16, 2018

From CNN

(CNN)A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims.

"We believe that the real number of children whose records were lost or who were afraid ever to come forward is in the thousands," the grand jury report says.

"Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing; they hid it all. For decades. Monsignors, auxiliary bishops, bishops, archbishops, cardinals have mostly been protected; many, including some named in this report, have been promoted."

The grand jury described the church's methods as "a playbook for concealing the truth" after FBI agents identified a series of practices they found in diocese files.

The lengthy report, released Tuesday afternoon, investigates clergy sexual abuse dating to 1947 in six dioceses: Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton.

Pennsylvania's two other dioceses, Philadelphia and Altoona-Johnstown, have been the subjects of earlier grand jury reports, which found similarly damaging information about clergy and bishops in those dioceses.

"There have been other reports about child sex abuse within the Catholic Church. But never on this scale," the grand jurors wrote in Tuesday's report.

"For many of us, those earlier stories happened someplace else, someplace away. Now we know the truth: it happened everywhere."

The grand jurors said that "almost every instance of abuse we found is too old to be prosecuted." But charges have been filed against two priests, one in Erie diocese and another in Greensburg diocese, who have been accused of abusing minors.

"We learned of these abusers directly from their dioceses -- which we hope is a sign that the church is finally changing its ways," the grand jurors said. "And there may be more indictments in the future; investigation continues."

At a news conference announcing the report's release, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro called it the "largest, most comprehensive report into child sexual abuse within the Catholic Church ever produced in the United States."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file