Home PEx Sports NBA
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

NBA Predictions thread

Comments

• westhavenwesthaven Jedi apprentice PEx Expert 🎖️
    For upcoming season Bucks is the favorite team to come out in the east. The West is unpredictable Clippers, Warriors, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets and Spurs they are 8 teams deep and all have chances to make the finals. Kawhi made the NBA competitive again.
    I'm betting on the Sixers to come out of the East.

Naaahh...hangga't walang outside shooting si Simmons at pabebe si Embiid, this team will always get eliminated in the 2nd round.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    westhaven said:
    For upcoming season Bucks is the favorite team to come out in the east. The West is unpredictable Clippers, Warriors, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets and Spurs they are 8 teams deep and all have chances to make the finals. Kawhi made the NBA competitive again.

Naaahh...hangga't walang outside shooting si Simmons at pabebe si Embiid, this team will always get eliminated in the 2nd round.
    U have a point, and they lost they're go-to scorer but who's to say pabebe padin si JoJo next year? Mas maganda regular season ng Bucks but in the playoffs where the game slows down, expect Bledsoe to keep bricking them out of games. They will regret letting Brogdon go.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    westhaven said:

U have a point, and they lost they're go-to scorer but who's to say pabebe padin si JoJo next year? Mas maganda regular season ng Bucks but in the playoffs where the game slows down, expect Bledsoe to keep bricking them out of games. They will regret letting Brogdon go.
    And Middleton already secured his payday, he can rest easy now and be an albatross contract in a couple of seasons
  • bigboy0101bigboy0101 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    westhaven said:

And Middleton already secured his payday, he can rest easy now and be an albatross contract in a couple of seasons
    My bet will still be the Bucks. They are ready, lock and loaded. Malaking problema sa Sixers yung fast pace na game. Masyado malaki line up nila, I’m pretty sure mabagal sila. And concern ko padin si Ben Simmons, hanggat walang jumpshot kahit perimeter lang hindi aabot ng ECF ang Sixers. Bucks vs Celtics yan 2020 ECF 🤫
    edited July 2019
    westhaven said:

My bet will still be the Bucks. They are ready, lock and loaded. Malaking problema sa Sixers yung fast pace na game. Masyado malaki line up nila, I’m pretty sure mabagal sila. And concern ko padin si Ben Simmons, hanggat walang jumpshot kahit perimeter lang hindi aabot ng ECF ang Sixers. Bucks vs Celtics yan 2020 ECF 🤫
    I don't think the Celtics will make the ECF if Kanter is Embiid's matchup instead of Horford.

Maybe now that Kendall has moved on to Kuzma, Ben can focus on his jumper? :lol:
  • jazzperjazzper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's a disappointing loss to the raptors. Now, they (Bucks) are ready and gained that experience. They should preserve giannis up to the playoffs.
    Predictions for the upcoming season.

- Pascal Siakam and Luka Doncic will be all stars

- Nikola Jokic will win season MVP

- Neither LA team will be #1 in the West because of Load Management

- A California team(not the Kings) will win the West

- The Sixers will win the East via Bully Ball

- Russell Westbrook will be traded to either the Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat

- Rudy Gobert will win his 3rd straight DPOY

- Devin Booker will be traded midseason

- RJ Barret will be a bust and the ROY race will be between Ja Morant and Zion. 
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    A lot of people forget that Philly lost via a Kawhi lucky bounce. They're my early bet to win the East. 
    Embiid will bounce back, IF healthy I actually like him more than Giannis because he can shoot, and he has a better personality! 69% ftw!
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the Western Conference Finals will be between Los Angeles and Los Angeles.

MVP will be PG13.
  • jardmendozajardmendoza PEx Rookie ⭐
    Predictions:

Champions - Clippers; Finals - Clippers vs. Bucks

Season MVP - LBJ (will be revitalized because of better team)

Finals MVP - Kawhi Leonard

Coach of the Year - Brad Stevens (will be a better team than expected because of less expectations)

Rookie of the Year - Ja Morant (pelicans will be very cautious with zion)

Most Improved Player - Terry Rozier

• gotcha2gotcha2 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Video: Manny Pacquiao Wants to Buy NBA Team After Retiring from Boxing

Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao said he wants to become part of an NBA ownership group after his in-ring fighting career comes to an end.

Pacquiao told TMZ Sports in an interview released Saturday he's confident his experience as founder of the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) in his native Philippines would translate well to running an NBA organization.

"I'm thinking about that," Pac-Man answered when asked about becoming a minority owner. "... I love basketball."

Pacquiao, who's set to face Keith Thurman for the WBA Super World Welterweight title Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, said he still has a handful of years left in the boxing ring.

"I feel like young, like late 20s," the 40-year-old, eight-division world champion told TMZ, noting he hopes to fight until he's 45.

Celebrity Net Worth assessed his assets at $220 million, so he doesn't have the financial depth to acquire an NBA franchise on his own. Forbes listed the Memphis Grizzlies as the league's "cheapest" team at $1.2 billion in its 2019 rankings. Still, a minority stake is within reason.

Along with his sports endeavors, Pacquiao was also elected as a senator in the Philippines and serves as the chairman of the Senate Public Works Committee.

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    gotcha2 said:

Video: Manny Pacquiao Wants to Buy NBA Team After Retiring from Boxing

Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao said he wants to become part of an NBA ownership group after his in-ring fighting career comes to an end.

Pacquiao told TMZ Sports in an interview released Saturday he's confident his experience as founder of the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) in his native Philippines would translate well to running an NBA organization.

"I'm thinking about that," Pac-Man answered when asked about becoming a minority owner. "... I love basketball."

Pacquiao, who's set to face Keith Thurman for the WBA Super World Welterweight title Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night, said he still has a handful of years left in the boxing ring.

"I feel like young, like late 20s," the 40-year-old, eight-division world champion told TMZ, noting he hopes to fight until he's 45.

Celebrity Net Worth assessed his assets at $220 million, so he doesn't have the financial depth to acquire an NBA franchise on his own. Forbes listed the Memphis Grizzlies as the league's "cheapest" team at $1.2 billion in its 2019 rankings. Still, a minority stake is within reason.

Along with his sports endeavors, Pacquiao was also elected as a senator in the Philippines and serves as the chairman of the Senate Public Works Committee.

Pacquiao for President 2022

but if he is smart, he will run as a Vice President
  • ForThreeeeeeeeeForThreeeeeeeee Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    East
    1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Raptors
    5. Celtics
    6. Detroit
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

- Hawks tingin ko will make a huge improvement from last season, ganda ng buo ng team nila ngayon tpos pag nag grow pa mga young guns nila

Worst East team: Hornets

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors
    8. Mavs/ Kings / Pelicans

- for the 8th seed: Mavs if maganda balik ni Porzingis. Low key Pelicans kaya sumingit sa 8th seed kapag lumakas si Zo and Ingram. 

worst team: Grizzlies

East
    1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Raptors
    5. Celtics
    6. Detroit
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

- Hawks tingin ko will make a huge improvement from last season, ganda ng buo ng team nila ngayon tpos pag nag grow pa mga young guns nila

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors

- for the 8th seed: Mavs if maganda balik ni Porzingis. Low key Pelicans kaya sumingit sa 8th seed kapag lumakas si Zo and Ingram. 

Bro no offense ah, pero I don’t think the Raptors will go as high as number 4 in the standings. Laking kawalan ni Kawhi sa line up. Makakapasok sila ng playoffs pero sa tingin ko mga 7 or 6 spot sila. 

• ForThreeeeeeeeeForThreeeeeeeee Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    East
    1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Raptors
    5. Celtics
    6. Detroit
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors

Bro no offense ah, pero I don’t think the Raptors will go as high as number 4 in the standings. Laking kawalan ni Kawhi sa line up. Makakapasok sila ng playoffs pero sa tingin ko mga 7 or 6 spot sila. 

Yup sobrang laking kawalan ni Kawhi kasi si Kawhi talaga bumubuhat pero mostly nandyan p rin naman yung core nila of Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol and Van Vleet. Tsaka yung championship experience rin. 

Celtics kasi parang malaking kawalan talaga si Horford eh. Parang di kaya palitan ni Kanter binibigay ni Horford. Tsaka mas humina bench nila, dati kapag wala si Kyrie may Rozier pa sila. 

Pacers, depende sa balik ni Oladipo although ganda rin kuha nila kay Brogdon, Warren at Lamb. 

Pistons, depende sa lalaruin ni D.Rose.
    East
    1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Raptors
    5. Celtics
    6. Detroit
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors

depende yan if Siakam can make the superstar leap and the vets play with a purpose, posible din na baka nakontento na din sila sa championship at mag-hang over na lang sila buong season. expiring contracts yung vets so they should be playing for their next paycheck
    East
    1. Bucks
    2. 76ers
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Raptors
    5. Celtics
    6. Detroit
    7. Pacers
    8. Hawks

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Nuggets
    5. Jazz
    6. Spurs
    7. Warriors

Yup sobrang laking kawalan ni Kawhi kasi si Kawhi talaga bumubuhat pero mostly nandyan p rin naman yung core nila of Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol and Van Vleet. Tsaka yung championship experience rin. 

Celtics kasi parang malaking kawalan talaga si Horford eh. Parang di kaya palitan ni Kanter binibigay ni Horford. Tsaka mas humina bench nila, dati kapag wala si Kyrie may Rozier pa sila. 

Pacers, depende sa balik ni Oladipo although ganda rin kuha nila kay Brogdon, Warren at Lamb. 

Pistons, depende sa lalaruin ni D.Rose.
    Yung Nets, depende pa sa magiging chemistry nila with Kyrie. We all know that 🤣 

Pacers palaban padin yan sa regular season, nakita na natin last year na they can compete sa regular season kahit wala si Oladipo kaya lang pag dating ng playoffs mahirap talaga na walang star,

Malaking kawalan si Horford sa Celtics, siya ang glue guy ng starting 5.