Home PEx Sports NBA
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

NBA Predictions thread

Comments

• burburburbur PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Boston Celtics vs. Super sure win team sa FINALS :lol:
  • bigboy0101bigboy0101 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Early Predictions

MVP: Victor Oladipo(He's ready to take it to the next level)
    MIP:  Brandon Ingram(Assuming he will be traded to Spurs for Kawhi)
    ROY: Marvin Bagley
    COY: Brad Stevens(Finally!! He deserves it)
    6th man: Eric Gordon(I think he will win it again)
    Defensive Player: Joel Embiid
    East Champs: Boston Celtics (ECF will be Celtics vs Bucks)
    West Champs: Golden State Warriors (WCF will be a rematch of GSW vs HOU)
    NBA CHAMPS: GSW in 6 games (I think Brad Stevens will make it an interesting Series assuming Hayward and Irving are healthy)

All my Opinion, we are all free to argue :)
  • dudelebowskidudelebowski PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    MVP: Anthony Davis
    DPOY: Joel Embiid
    ROY: Marvin Bagley
    MIP: Brandon Ingram
    COY: Brad Stevens

WCF: Warriors vs Rockets
    ECF: Celtics vs 76ers

Finals: Warriors vs Celtics with Warriors winning in 5.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited July 2018
    The west I think will once again be a dogfight for the 3-8 seeds. GSW and Houston are locks for 1 and 2. I have Utah, OKC and The Lakers fighting for 3-6, while 7-8 will be hard to predict. Denver will get better, Dallas will get better slightly, Minny I think will miss the playoffs because of internal issues, NOP will also be in the mix as well as Portland and, depends on the Kawhi situation, The Spurs.
  • bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    baste said:
    The nba has become a 1 to 2 team league
    1 team league. The Warriors are pretty much locks to win the title barring injuries now.

Cousins may not return to full form or even sit the season out and they will still be the favorites.
    Agree, they are still the best team. but they barely got out of the west last year. if Boogie is a non factor then it's still a toss up with the Rockets.  But if boogie comes back somewhat resembling a good player (not even a star) it will be near impossible to beat a healthy warriors team.

I don't think the Lakers have enough, they need a another marquee player and someone else as the 4.   Sayang they lost Randle.   But i think when Lebron's playing days are over, sana maging okay na yung young players nila.
    baste said:
    baste said:
    The nba has become a 1 to 2 team league
    1 team league. The Warriors are pretty much locks to win the title barring injuries now.

Cousins may not return to full form or even sit the season out and they will still be the favorites.
    Agree, they are still the best team. but they barely got out of the west last year. if Boogie is a non factor then it's still a toss up with the Rockets.  But if boogie comes back somewhat resembling a good player (not even a star) it will be near impossible to beat a healthy warriors team.

I don't think the Lakers have enough, they need a another marquee player and someone else as the 4.   Sayang they lost Randle.   But i think when Lebron's playing days are over, sana maging okay na yung young players nila.

Malaking kawalan si Ariza. Losing him makes the Rockets significantly worse IMO. He was one of their consistent 3pt shooters (save for that ugly game 7 shooting) and was their best guy to defend KD.
  • jazzperjazzper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The lakers will dethrone the warriors. Prediction lang naman eh :lol:
    ^

Love it. The Laker fan swagger is back. Finally may nagsign na big name FA and after years of hoping, they got the biggest name.
    jazzper said:
    Mcgee, Stephenson, Rondo, and lavar ball. Yeah they will dethrone the warriors kung comedy labanan. Lamang sa clowns ang Lakers e
  • jbpink87jbpink87 Mailap ang Kinse PEx Expert 🎖️
    jazzper said:
    I second this.. :lol: 
  • KobeWanKenobiKobeWanKenobi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Warriors will take the West. With Houston taking number 2 if they get Melo to offset the loss of Ariza and Luc. 
    Lakers will take the third seed but can upset the Rockets in the WC semi-finals. 

In the East, Celtics will take the top seed, with the Sixers being the second seed. Toronto may take third seed if the Kawhi for DDR happens. 

In the Finals, I am hoping for a Lakers vs Celtics final but it will most probably be the Warriors vs the Celts with the Warriors winning in 6. 
    edited July 2018
    The Utah Jazz will not finish lower than 3rd seed. The Rockets will get worse because they'll regress defensively.
    edited July 2018
    Warriors will take the West. With Houston taking number 2 if they get Melo to offset the loss of Ariza and Luc. 
    Lakers will take the third seed but can upset the Rockets in the WC semi-finals. 

In the East, Celtics will take the top seed, with the Sixers being the second seed. Toronto may take third seed if the Kawhi for DDR happens. 

In the Finals, I am hoping for a Lakers vs Celtics final but it will most probably be the Warriors vs the Celts with the Warriors winning in 6. 
    @KobeWanKenobi

Lakers at 3rd would be a surprise IMO. I could see them struggling early on then pick it up late as chemistry improves. This is the West. I think the highest they'll seed is #4(toss-up with OKC), below GSW, Houston and Utah, but would be a  VERY dangerous playoff opponent to any team other than the Warriors.
  • drei221drei221 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    West:  GSW, HOU, UTAH, OKC, LAL, the seven-eight will be a toss up (POR, MIN, SAS, DEN, NO)
    East:   BOS, TOR, PHI, WAS, IND, MIL, then bahala na CLE, DET, MIA

Gusto ko din talaga makitang umangat ang Suns at Kings eh.
  • KobeWanKenobiKobeWanKenobi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

@KobeWanKenobi

Lakers at 3rd would be a surprise IMO. I could see them struggling early on then pick it up late as chemistry improves. This is the West. I think the highest they'll seed is #4(toss-up with OKC), below GSW, Houston and Utah, but would be a  VERY dangerous playoff opponent to any team other than the Warriors.
    After the All Star break last season, the Lakers had the second best record in the NBA for 1 1/2 months. Then injuries hit Ingram and Ball. The addition of Lebron amd the deeper Laker roster this year gives me enough confidence they can compete for the third seed in the West. 
  • cyril128cyril128 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Houston will dethrone the Warriors in the West. =)
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    look how silly the predictions became after 12 months, not even a single mention of the eventual NBA champions

should be interesting to see this again come July 2020 :lol: 
    For upcoming season Bucks is the favorite team to come out in the east. The West is unpredictable Clippers, Warriors, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets and Spurs they are 8 teams deep and all have chances to make the finals. Kawhi made the NBA competitive again.
  • pristonpikerpristonpiker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    balthier said:
    With what they showed this last season, the Celtics should dominate the East now that the nba's baby is no longer there. Baka maka isa na ang Raptors. :lol:

Wala ng aabalahin ang mga East teams na konting dikit lang kay baby may pipito na agad para dalhin siya sa FT line. If the refs play fair, they already seen the result - a sweep and an exposure of an overhyped-diva-fake "goat" kuno player. Not good for business.

At the end of the day, nba is still business. Whoever has the big market in the playoffs, is likely a sure thing sa finals. Money is still money. 
    Mukhang may tumama last year! 

=) 

For upcoming season Bucks is the favorite team to come out in the east. The West is unpredictable Clippers, Warriors, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Blazers, Nuggets and Spurs they are 8 teams deep and all have chances to make the finals. Kawhi made the NBA competitive again.
    I'm betting on the Sixers to come out of the East.