COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Are there facilities that specialize in Dementia care?

enchiladasenchiladas Don't blink. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Specifically in the Parañaque area? Meron na bang mga advanced carehomes or assisted-living? I’m looking around for places that are trained to care for elderly patients with neurological diseases like dementia and Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP).

Answers

• mandyyangamandyyanga Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I do not know any facilities around Parañaque. I think there's one in Taguig but I do not know where exactly. There is a scarce in these kind of facilities because dementia care for the elderly isn't in the Filipino culture, I think. There are a lot of caregiver services in other countries that focuses on dementia care. It's just sad that we only have a few here in the Philippines. 
  • enchiladasenchiladas Don't blink. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thank you, @mandyyanga. That’s what I was wondering, kung gaano na ka-advance and Pinas sa elderly healthcare or basic caregiving knowledge lang. I know here in the US there are facilities for specific cases, therefore, providing the level of care the patients need. Yun nga lang sobrang mahal. Even if the patient has insurance, only a percentage is covered short-term. 
  • limahllimahl Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    my father is confined in a nursing home in Manila it is more of an assisted living type. just hire a RTC private aide it will cost u less
  • enchiladasenchiladas Don't blink. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thank you, @limahl. Can you kindly tell me the name of the facility he’s in? 
    Sorry hindi ako updated sa mga acronyms, what’s RTC? :confused:
  • coccomomoacoccomomoa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I know there's one in Marikina but for Alzheimer's, if I'm not mistaken.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file