Halloween (2018)

InsaniacInsaniac Sick and Twisted PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Halloween (2018)

Synopsis:

Laurie Strode comes face-to-face for one final encounter with Michael Myers, 40 years after his initial killing spree on Halloween night.

[video]

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Opens Oct. 17

GET FACE TO FACE WITH EVIL IN NEW HALLOWEEN TRAILER

This October, evil will be unmasked.  The brand new trailer of Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions’ Halloween has just been launched.  

Check out the official trailer below and watch Halloween in Philippine cinemas October 17

About Halloween

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Master of horror John Carpenter executive produces and serves as creative consultant on this film, joining forces with cinema’s current leading producer of horror, Jason Blum (Get Out, Split, The Purge, Paranormal Activity).  Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film, and Green also directs.

Halloween is also produced by Malek Akkad, whose Trancas International Films has produced the Halloween series since its inception, and Bill Block (Elysium, District 9).  In addition to Carpenter and Curtis, Green and McBride will executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.  Ryan Freimann also serves in that role.

Halloween is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/

AFTER 40 YEARS, EVIL RETURNS HOME IN HALLOWEEN

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse resets the timeline to bring Halloween to a new generation.  Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Master of horror John Carpenter executive produces and serves as creative consultant on this film, joining forces with cinema’s current leading producer of horror, Jason Blum (Get Out, Split, The Purge, Paranormal Activity).  Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film, and Green also directs.

Reflecting on his creation with co-writer Debra Hill, Carpenter understands why audiences continue to be terrified by this embodiment of fear.  “Michael Myers, with his mask and his gas-station attendant’s uniform, is a character who is between a human being and the supernatural.  He is the ultimate force of evil.  He is ruthless, and there’s no reasoning or praying to God to save you.  He has a single purpose, and that’s to kill you.  Michael Myers is a relentless force of nature.  He’s just coming, and you got to get out of his way.”

A massive fan of the first Halloween, Blum feels that it’s one of the most perfect horror films ever made…and had no interest in developing the project without running it by the director who’d inspired much of his own career.  “Getting John Carpenter’s blessing was a prerequisite for Blumhouse being involved in this movie,” Blum reflects.  “I wasn’t going to pursue making a Halloween movie without him.  So, the first person I went to was John.  I asked him, ‘Do you want to jump in?’  He happily agreed to do just that.”

Blum promised Carpenter—who calls Blum “the LeBron James of horror cinema”—that they wouldn’t move forward until he was happy with the director they had in mind…as well as the script that was being developed.  To that end, Blum knew one filmmaker he thought might be interested.  What he found was that David Gordon Green would not only want to helm Halloween, he’d want to collaborate with his longtime writing partners to craft the screenplay.  

For Blum, it is the not knowing the why behind Michael Myers’ motivation that is so terrifying.  He also wholly agreed with the collaborators’ idea that this should be Laurie’s final confrontation with Michael, and that the film would reset the series.  “This was 100 percent their pitch to me.  The idea I brought to the filmmakers was to make a new Halloween movie.  I told them they should imagine what would excite them and what they would most like to see.  It was their idea to make this movie a continuation of the first Halloween.”

Green recalls that hearing from Blum was one of the more pivotal episodes of his career.  “I remember that moment vividly, getting up in the morning and seeing this email from Jason asking to have me in the Halloween franchise.  I immediately felt strange, like when you’re standing on the edge of a cliff and your legs start to give out.  It triggered a lot of my enthusiasm from when I was a kid and would sneak into movies I shouldn’t have been watching.  Halloween was the pinnacle of all of them.”

The producer shares that the matchup between Michael Myers and Laurie Strode is one for which audiences have waited a long time, and Green surpassed his expectations.  “You go to a movie for an absolute thrill ride and for the surprise.  The journey, particularly in this one—and this confrontation that has been brewing for 40 years between these two—upon his release is very satisfying.”

In Philippine cinemas October 24, Halloween is distributed in the Philippines
    by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  
    Follow us on Facebook at
    https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/ 

UNDISPUTED SCREAM QUEEN JAMIE LEE CURTIS RETURNS IN HALLOWEEN

For more than two-thirds of her life, Jamie Lee Curtis has embraced the mantle of protector and guardian of Halloween (1978) character Laurie Strode.  In the late 1970s, the heroine that Curtis brought to life accomplished what few other on-screen women before her—long relegated to damsels in distress—would consider a probability or possibility in a horror film.  

She survived.

Armed with only a coat hanger, knitting needle and the will to live, the teenager fought back against a faceless creature of pure evil who had violated her world and murdered her friends.  Refusing to be a victim, the champion Curtis created alongside director John Carpenter and collaborator Debra Hill instantly changed the narrative on the silver screen.  Women could, should and will strike back…and no man or boogeyman will stop them from fighting to the death.

Undoubtedly, Curtis has long held Laurie in her heart and understands why people are so connected to this fateful night.  Discussing her first filmic role, she says: “Laurie Strode was a smart girl in high school just starting her life.  She was probably studying for the SATs, looking at colleges, and then Michael Myers showed up.  Life hinged for her on a couple of seconds she never saw coming.  The rest of her life is the movie we’re making now.  Forty years later, this woman understands that Michael Myers will come back, and that she and her family need to be prepared…but nobody’s listening.”   

When she received the script, Curtis fully understood what the new writers were trying to do.  “I saw how perfectly homage-y and new it was.  I thought, ‘That’s cool, and I like it!  That was how easy it was.  It’s its own movie with a complete history linked to the past.  Yet, it’s in its own story 40 years later.  The two movies, side by side, are perfect bookends and complements—telling the same story with new generations in the same simple, clear, iconic way that Halloween was and continues to be.”

Curtis was drawn to the script’s take of a woman who has spent her entire life, 365 days a year, preparing for the return of the monster who violated her world.  That said, by refusing to be a victim to Michael Myers any longer, she has allowed him to define her existence.  “Once a day, Laurie drives by that mental institution and calls the police officers who are supposed to have an armed guy on the perimeter,” reveals the performer.  “I’m sure Laurie sits in her truck from six o’clock in the morning until midnight.

“She is singular in her purpose, and in that sense, everything else has fallen away,” Curtis continues.  “Her child was taken from her, and friendships, fun—any sense of a life—has been removed in her pursuit to make sure that Michael Myers stays behind bars at the mental institution…or that he will be transferred to a maximum-security prison.”

Her creative partners saw the acting powerhouse who was equal parts champion, collaborator and risk taker.  “What I didn’t get until I met Jamie Lee is the cosmic energy that she brings when she enters the room,” commends director David Gordon Green.  “She brings the power of positivity like no one else.  She’s a ball of fire—on set early, there to connect with every collaborator, there to do the best job that she can.  She brings 100 percent…from a fight scene to a dramatic scene to a scream one.  It’s just been a blast to work with her.”

His producer marvels at a career with such depth and distinction.  “Jamie’s a great actress, so there’s always room to return to previous work,” Bill Block lauds.  “She took that energy and infused it into a terrific performance.  She’s like Liam Neeson in Taken.  She’s a full-on Terminator herself.”

In Philippine cinemas October 24, Halloween is distributed in the Philippines by United International Pictures through Columbia Pictures.  

Follow us on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/ 

RATED R-16 WITHOUT CUTS, “HALLOWEEN” OPENS IN PH CINEMAS OCT 24

MANILA, Oct. 22, 2018 -- After making a killing with its $77.5 million No.1 debut in the US -- the second-biggest opening ever for a horror film -- Universal Pictures’ “Halloween” is set to slash its way to the Philippine box-office as it opens in selected cinemas Weds, October 24.

Audiences can rejoice with the news that the Movie & Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) has rated “Halloween” R-16 Without Cuts.  This is a welcome development for avid fans of horror films as “Halloween” will be shown in its integral version with all the terrifying and suspenseful scenes intact.  Moviegoers aged 16-years old and above will definitely have a scary good time.

For the list of cinemas where to catch “Halloween,” please refer to the info graphics provided below.

• sacredfleshsacredflesh Bring That Beat Back PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Too bad ilang sinehan na lang available ito this week. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file