PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at pex-info@pinoyexchange.com. Thank you!

Philippines is 2nd ‘least peaceful’ country in Asia Pacific

buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

PH is 2nd ‘least peaceful’ country in Asia Pacific


The Philippines is the second ‘least peaceful’ country in Asia Pacific after North Korea, a recent study of Global Peace Index 2018 showed.

Results from the study said the Philippines ranked 137th out of 163 countries in the world, just preceding North Korea at 150th as the least peaceful. Its overall score was 2.512.

“The improvements in internal and external conflicts fought and relations with neighboring countries reflected a calming of tensions in the South China Sea after President [Rodrigo] Duterte of the Philippines reached an understanding with China, and the new rapprochement between Beijing and South Korea under new President Moon Jae-In,” the study said.

It added that the Philippines “suffered particularly badly” as President Duterte continued his crackdown on suspected drug dealers and from the five-month gun-battle between government forces and ISIS-inspired terrorists.

More than 1,000 people were killed, mostly terrorists, in one of the worst security crisis of the Philippines in recent years.

The study also said the Philippines had little improvements from the past year. It ranked 138th last year.

The Index also noted that the average level of global peacefulness has declined for the fourth consecutive year.

Iceland, New Zealand, Austria, Portugal and Denmark are the most peaceful countries in the world, while Syria, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Iraq and Somalia are the least peaceful.

The study was conducted by the Institute for Economics and Peace, an independent think-tank based in Sydney, Australia


«1

Comments

  • xpopcornxxpopcornx Member ✭✭
    Ubusin na dapat ang mga Drug Addicts and Criminals...Go PNP. :)
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

    Albayalde to global think tank: Visit PHL to see real situation of peace and order

    Philippine National Police chief Director General Oscar Albayalde on Thursday invited the global think tank Institute for Economics and Peace to visit the Philippines for them to see the real situation of peace and order in the country.

    The Philippines remained as one of the least peaceful countries in the world, according to the latest study of Global Peace Index 2018, where the country ranked 137th out of the 163 nations. The country ranked 138th in 2017.

    The country also ranked as one of the second least peaceful in the Asia-Pacific region.

    The study said the Philippines has "suffered particularly badly" as President Rodrigo Duterte "continued his assault on alleged drug dealers and from the five-month battle between government forces and Islamic militants who took over the city of Marawi, resulting in almost 1,200 militants, government forces and civilians killed."

    But Albayalde said "these are all perceptions" and were just "effects" of the statements of different sectors including various human rights groups.

    "We want these people siguro to go to our country and see for themselves kung ano talaga ang sitwasyon ng peace and order dito sa ating bansa and probably they will see kung gaano ka-peaceful dito sa ating bansa," he said.

    According to the latest update of #RealNumbersPH, a total of 4,279 drug suspects have been killed, while 143,335 others have been arrested from July 1, 2016 to May 15, 2018.

    Meanwhile, a total of 143,335 drug personalities were arrested in 99,485 anti-drug operations conducted during the same period.

    The consolidated data on the anti-illegal drug campaign also showed that a total of 2,678.61 kilograms of shabu worth P14.34 billion have been seized while the total value of seized drugs, controlled precursors and essential chemicals and laboratory equipment were pegged at P20.77 billion. 
  • elBartoloelBartolo Member ✭✭✭
    Mas safe daw sa Syria, Myanmar.. sobrang galing galing ng study. =)
  • xpopcornxxpopcornx Member ✭✭
    elBartolo said:
    Mas safe daw sa Syria, Myanmar.. sobrang galing galing ng study. =)

    Ano kayang study ginawa nila....ang hihina ng ulo eh. :)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 7
    ano kaya gagawin ni DuDirty pagdating ng .......

    SONA 2018?



    peaceful pa kaya????
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 7

    Rampant crimes worry, frustrate Pres Duterte


    MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte appears to be “worried” and “frustrated” by the recent spate of killings and other crimes in the country, the Palace said Thursday, as it explained the chief executive’s recent vow to introduce “radical changes in the days to come.”

    Duterte earlier this week said he will soon make “radical changes” as he lamented that “too many crimes” were happening in the country.

    Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte may have been particularly alarmed by the recent killings of two prosecutors - Quezon City assistant prosecutor Rogelio Velasco and assistant special prosecutor Madonna Joy Tanyag of the Office of the Ombudsman.

    Duterte is a former prosecutor himself.

    “Siguro po kaya na-frustrate ang Presidente, dahil dalawang prosecutors ang napatay. Iyung isa po buntis pa,” Roque said in a press briefing.

    “Bukod pa d'yan maraming napapabalitang mga holdapan na nangyayari ngayon, mga bagong schemes na nabibiktima ang mga motorista natin,”

    (He was probably frustrated after two prosecutors were killed. One of them was even pregnant. And there are reports that there is an increase in robbery incidents in Metro Manila and other schemes that victimize motorists.)

    Roque said the President, who won on a platform of eradicating crimes in the country, believes there is more room for improvement in the fight against crimes.

    “The President reiterated that while we have been combatting crime and prohibited drugs since day 1 of this administration, apparently we can do more,” he said.

    Roque said police chief Oscar Albayalde was aware of the President’s concerns and has called for a meeting to address them.

    Despite the President’s sentiments about the spate of crimes, Roque said the gains achieved under the administration in reducing the crime rate should not go unnoticed.

    The National Capital Region Police Office last month said from April 16 to May 20, 2018, it has recorded 1,255 crimes, lower compared to 1,678 recorded incidents during the same period last year.

    Based on the weekly average crime trend monitoring of the NCRPO Regional Investigation and Detective Management Division, the weekly average crime rate of “focus crimes”, such as murder, homicide, physical injury, rape, robbery, theft, and carnapping, decreased by 29.29 percent

  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin ✭✭✭
    Nokor lang tinalo. Ang galing talaga ni Tay Digs
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭
    Philippines remains among worst countries for workers, int’l trade union says

    MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines has been listed again as one of the worst countries for workers in the world by the International Trade Union Confederation’s 2018 Global Rights Index.

    The world’s largest trade union federation stressed that despite collective efforts to achieve better wages and working conditions, workers in the Philippines still struggle to assert their basic right to associate freely and face violent opposition of employers.

    “In a context of extreme state violence and suppression of civil liberties, workers and trade unionists in the Philippines faced threats and intimidation,” ICUP said.

    It cited the arrest of transport leader George San Mateo in December 2017 just as he was about to post bail for a standing warrant for leading a transport strike in February of the same year.

    ICUP said that employers use “intimidation tactics and dismissals to prevent workers from establishing unions,” citing the cases of intimidation and dismissal against the workers of Amertron Incorporated Philippines, Shin Sun Tropical Corp. and Sumitomo Fruit Company.

    The trade union federation, moreover, slammed the country’s “repressive laws.”

    President Rodrigo Duterte on Labor Day signed an executive order prohibiting illegal contractualization. Workers, however, derided the EO as a mere reiteration of provisions already in existing laws to promote security of tenure and prevent unlawful dismissal.

    The other worst countries for workers according to ICUP are Algeria, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Colombia, Egypt, Guatamela, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

    Last year, the Philippines was also included in the 10 worst nations for working people.

    ICUP also identified Asia-Pacific as the second worst region in the world for workers’ rights.

    It noted that the increase in violence, criminalization of the right to strike, arrest, detention and imprisonment of workers and violations of their rights contributed to the deterioration of the region.

    The index ranked 142 countries against 97 internationally recognized indicators to assess where workers’ rights are best protected in law and in practice, ICUP said.

  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "Mas safe daw sa Syria, Myanmar.. sobrang galing galing ng study. "


    naka lagay sa ranking is asia pacific. 137/ 163 for the world.  reading comprehension much, kaDDS? 


  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee ✭✭✭
    If I were President Duterte I will personally tell that global think tank to shove the survey results up where the sun don't shine!!!

    Fuck1ng whiteys judging whether I am doing my job right....
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭
    National emergency? Duterte to act vs rampant crime

    MANILA, Philippines — Expect “radical changes” in government in the coming days, President Duterte said Tuesday night as he vowed to use his “meager emergency power to the hilt” to check rising criminality.

    Saying “there’s no difference actually between martial law and a declaration of national emergency,” Duterte warned corrupt officials and criminals to “behave.”

    “Most of the complaints here is they (investors) won’t enter for fear of being kidnapped or killed. Well, somehow, even with this meager emergency power, I will use it to the hilt and put things in order,” the President told reporters at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 Tuesday night upon his arrival from South Korea after completing a three-day official visit.

    “I already warned criminals, everyone; those in government and those outside. I will make radical changes in the days to come,” he said.

    He emphasized he is determined to make the most of the “last chapter of my life” to serve the people. “I will dedicate it for the service of my country. Good or bad, you may not like it, but this is for my country. This is my last chapter,” he said.

    At a meeting with South Korean business leaders and government officials in Seoul, the President assured them of protection if they invest in the Philippines.

    He also urged them not to deal with corrupt officials.

    “Remember that there is – there’s no difference actually between martial law and a declaration of national emergency. So I’ve been warning all. I’m warning all, including the human rights, it’s either we behave or we will have a serious problem again. Mahirap ’yan (that’s hard),” the President said.

    “And I thank God for giving me the chance to serve the nation so that there will be changes in the coming days, including public order and security,” he pointed out.

    “There are simply too many crimes and too many – claiming to be this and that,” he added.

    The Chief Executive issued the statement despite previous clarifications by Malacañang that a “national emergency” is not martial law.

    In 2016, Duterte issued Proclamation No. 55 declaring a state of national emergency on account of “lawless violence” in Mindanao sparked by a deadly blast in Davao that killed more than a dozen people.

    The proclamation ordered government forces “to suppress any and all forms of lawless violence in Mindanao and to prevent such lawless violence from spreading and escalating elsewhere in the Philippines with due regard to the fundamental civil and political rights of our citizens.” 

    Unlike martial law, the proclamation did not require congressional approval.

    Despite assurance that civil liberties would be upheld in all security operations, the proclamation sparked concerns that it could lead to a dictatorship and human rights abuses.

    Human rights groups have been critical of Duterte’s policies, including his brutal crackdown on illegal drugs that has left more than 4,000 drug suspects dead and his imposition of a 60-day martial law in Mindanao at the outbreak of the siege of Marawi by IS-inspired militants. 

    In a decision later upheld as constitutional by the Supreme Court, Congress allowed Duterte to extend martial law in Mindanao up to the end of the year.

    Duterte responded to criticisms by hurling verbal attacks against human rights groups and other critics, accusing them of protecting drug suspects while ignoring the plight of victims of criminals.

    He also hinted that the “radical changes” he would set into motion would also involve reorganizing the bureaucracy, saying he would place problematic agencies under his direct supervision.

    “For those offices that cannot be controlled, I will place you under the Office of the President. Ako na mismo ang kaharap mo araw-araw (I will be the one to deal with you everyday),” he said.

    Duterte said he was bent on implementing the changes even if some sectors are against them


  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee ✭✭✭
    buddyw said:
    National emergency? Duterte to act vs rampant crime

    MANILA, Philippines — Expect “radical changes” in government in the coming days, President Duterte said Tuesday night as he vowed to use his “meager emergency power to the hilt” to check rising criminality.

    Saying “there’s no difference actually between martial law and a declaration of national emergency,” Duterte warned corrupt officials and criminals to “behave.”

    “Most of the complaints here is they (investors) won’t enter for fear of being kidnapped or killed. Well, somehow, even with this meager emergency power, I will use it to the hilt and put things in order,” the President told reporters at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 Tuesday night upon his arrival from South Korea after completing a three-day official visit.

    “I already warned criminals, everyone; those in government and those outside. I will make radical changes in the days to come,” he said.

    He emphasized he is determined to make the most of the “last chapter of my life” to serve the people. “I will dedicate it for the service of my country. Good or bad, you may not like it, but this is for my country. This is my last chapter,” he said.

    At a meeting with South Korean business leaders and government officials in Seoul, the President assured them of protection if they invest in the Philippines.

    He also urged them not to deal with corrupt officials.

    “Remember that there is – there’s no difference actually between martial law and a declaration of national emergency. So I’ve been warning all. I’m warning all, including the human rights, it’s either we behave or we will have a serious problem again. Mahirap ’yan (that’s hard),” the President said.

    “And I thank God for giving me the chance to serve the nation so that there will be changes in the coming days, including public order and security,” he pointed out.

    “There are simply too many crimes and too many – claiming to be this and that,” he added.

    The Chief Executive issued the statement despite previous clarifications by Malacañang that a “national emergency” is not martial law.

    In 2016, Duterte issued Proclamation No. 55 declaring a state of national emergency on account of “lawless violence” in Mindanao sparked by a deadly blast in Davao that killed more than a dozen people.

    The proclamation ordered government forces “to suppress any and all forms of lawless violence in Mindanao and to prevent such lawless violence from spreading and escalating elsewhere in the Philippines with due regard to the fundamental civil and political rights of our citizens.” 

    Unlike martial law, the proclamation did not require congressional approval.

    Despite assurance that civil liberties would be upheld in all security operations, the proclamation sparked concerns that it could lead to a dictatorship and human rights abuses.

    Human rights groups have been critical of Duterte’s policies, including his brutal crackdown on illegal drugs that has left more than 4,000 drug suspects dead and his imposition of a 60-day martial law in Mindanao at the outbreak of the siege of Marawi by IS-inspired militants. 

    In a decision later upheld as constitutional by the Supreme Court, Congress allowed Duterte to extend martial law in Mindanao up to the end of the year.

    Duterte responded to criticisms by hurling verbal attacks against human rights groups and other critics, accusing them of protecting drug suspects while ignoring the plight of victims of criminals.

    He also hinted that the “radical changes” he would set into motion would also involve reorganizing the bureaucracy, saying he would place problematic agencies under his direct supervision.

    “For those offices that cannot be controlled, I will place you under the Office of the President. Ako na mismo ang kaharap mo araw-araw (I will be the one to deal with you everyday),” he said.

    Duterte said he was bent on implementing the changes even if some sectors are against them


    Go ahead...it's about time President Duterte flexes his political WILL and lays down the law!!!

    YES TO MARTIAL LAW!!!

    Goodbye cRappler!!!
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

    Duterte alarmed over killing of priests, rise in criminality

    Alarmed over the spate of killings of priests in the country, Malacañang on Wednesday said President Rodrigo Duterte warned of a “radical change” to ensure law and order in the Philippines.

    “That is why the President said that there would be major changes because he is alarmed with the rise in criminality,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in an interview with state-run Radyo Pilipinas.

    In his media briefing upon arrival from South Korea, Duterte talked of drastic changes in the coming days.

    “I am warning you, criminals, all of you, in government and outside of it, I will make radical changes in the days to come,” he said.

    On Tuesday, the President said hired killers have no value days after the murder of Fr. Richmond Nilo of the Diocese of Cabanatuan.

    Nilo was the third priest killed in the country since December 2017.

    On April 29, 37-year-old Fr. Mark Ventura was attacked and on December 2017, 72-year-old Fr. Marcelito Paez in Jaen, Nueva Ecija was ambushed.

    Roque said Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde is personally supervising the investigation into Nilo’s death.

    “Ang pinaka-latest na balita nga pala dito sa pinatay na pangatlong pari, eh si PNP Chief Albayalde na po ang nagsu-supervise sa imbestigasyon. Ito po’y in-assure sa akin kahapon lamang ni Gen. Albayalde,” Roque said.   /vvp


  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin ✭✭✭
    Mapayapa na daw ngayon

  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin ✭✭✭
    Ang hilig talga ni Tay Digs sa matres.


  • badJayebadJaye sitting.. wishing.. waiting ✭✭✭
    knorr said:
    Mapayapa na daw ngayon

    God wanted them dead... period.  
  • BinayphilstarBinayphilstar Member
    God does not exist. Duterte refers to God as the Philippines that he claims to love so much . We atheist think alike, atheistism is extremely unpopular to backward Filipinos, it's political and social suicide to admit one's unbelief in God in the Philippines 
  • badJayebadJaye sitting.. wishing.. waiting ✭✭✭
    God does not exist. Duterte refers to God as the Philippines that he claims to love so much . We atheist think alike, atheistism is extremely unpopular to backward Filipinos, it's political and social suicide to admit one's unbelief in God in the Philippines 
    but according to catholic priest teaching... God has a plan... too bad, the plan included riding in tandem... so why get mad? Unless they dont believe in their God, which is crazy... right?
  • lacroixlacroix Member ✭✭✭
    badJaye said:
    knorr said:
    Mapayapa na daw ngayon

    God wanted them dead... period.  


    President Rodrigo Duterte is our God as in Iglesia ni Duterte.

    He wants them deadbol.

    Amen!!!!

  • elBartoloelBartolo Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 15
    Ano bang special sa mga catholic priest na to? Ang hina naman ng god nila kung hindi sila kayang protektahan =)
«1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file