COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

18th Asian Games - Indonesia (August 18- September 2, 2018)

Comments

• pinoyathleticspinoyathletics ATFS Statistician PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The qualifying guidelines of the POC Taskforce seems to have been very strictly applied to other Sports. Whereas Volleyball does not have to abide by it. Take for example Weight lifting. Several athletes were denied who would place higher than the Volleyball team due to the number of slots. Its a no brainer Weightlifting is a sport we can excel at. Hidilyn won Gold. And we have two or three other athletes who won medals at the Asian Indoor games.
  • gilarmikidgilarmikid Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ESPN 5 daw ang backer 
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Also how is it putting down Volleyball. By clearly stating the facts. That the slots of the 12 athletes or whatever the number is. Should go to Athletes in individual events such as Combat Sports, Athletics, Gymnastics, Cycling, Archery, Weightlifting and dare I say it swimming. Officials have already pointed out not to expect any wins. So why send them and take the limited slots. Self funded or not (accommodation availability comes into play). 

The qualifier for Asian Games was Top 4 or gold silver at SEA Games. Some sports have athletes that can finish top 10 out of 30 entries that are not being sent to make way for Volleyball. As their is a limitation of slots for the overall contingent.
    Wushu, they were our saving grace in 2014.

if we are looking for a wildcard medalist, Taekwando has the best chance. they brought home 5 bronze medals puro last 2 day medal hauls iyan.

:lol: nakakatawa lang tlga ang mga talangka dito.

sabi nga sa kanta, mag ingat sa mga asal talangka, hihilahin ka nila pababa..
    GO Philippines, NO to VolleyFAILs, GO Philippines

question: base sa POC classification anong athlete category ang mga volleyball players dahil wala naman silang pinapanalong international medals?

ang daming atleta bumibitaw sa training sa ang baba ng suporta kahit nanalo sila ng medalya para Pilipinas. the classifications dictate the allowance given to these athletes.

nagpapakatotoo lang.
    Even Weightlifting and Athletics. 

https://sports.mb.com.ph/2018/06/27/samahan-ng-weightlifting-sa-pilipinas-status-questioned/

I will try and pull up some data on weight lifters later to see how they would fare. Nestor Colonia for example is a medalist at asian level before.

stay tuned on my website www.pinoyathletics.info
  • eycharboieycharboi Smile lang lagi :) PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^^ snipped from above article-

“According to membership committee chairman Robert Bachmann, since the documents of the Samahan ng Weightlifting sa Pilipinas is not yet complete, the POC still recognizes the old weightlifting federation.”

Grabe, nanalo na tayo ng silver sa Rio hanggang ngayon di pa rin kumpleto iyang documents na yan. Jusme. Sa bagay, yung mismong gym nga nila for practice sessions hindi mabigyan ng oras to renovate, mga documents pa kaya. Sighhhh

Regarding sa criteria, back when Camacho was still chef de mission (January 2018), he pushed for a tighter criteria, that is, "only those who won a medal at the 2014 Asian Games or a gold or silver at the 2017 Southeast Asian Games would be eligible for the 2018 event. Medalists at regional-level tournaments or athletes who equal or surpass Asian records will also be considered 
    http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/01/04/18/philippines-tightens-criteria-for-2018-asian-games-hopefuls

Pero, nung na-elect na si Ricky Vargas as new POC President and he appointed Gomez as the new CDM (March 2018), they opted for a bigger PH contingent.

"The Philippine Sports Commission is not closing the doors on young and promising but less experienced athletes to this year’s Asian Games. 
    Chairman William Ramirez of the PSC had initial talks with Gomez, who talked about the “future of young and potential athletes.”Ramirez said he got the impression that the POC is considering a bigger delegation for this Asian Games. “You also have to prepare the young athletes. And if the POC request is worth it, then we will give it,” said Ramirez, whose agency is willing to spend around P200 million for the Asian Games.

http://https//www.philstar.com/sports/2018/04/03/1802328/philippines-open-bigger-asian-games-team

So there you go. May General Assembly pa sa July 4th pero ang pagkakaalam ko deadline of submission of names sa Asian Games committee ay sa katapusan na.
  • goodpersongoodperson Member Volleyball Vanguard
    dude the vb got sponsors. baka sweldo lang yun ng federation nila. yung training care of sponsors.

last years nanjan ang rebisco at pldt. nanjan din ang chooks to go at f2 logistics and other vb teams sa psl at pvl na afford mag sponsor.

fyi, magjajapan pa nga sila sa aug 2 for training. you would know by these facts na hindi pera ng gobyerno ang pinamumudmod sa LVPI.

e isa ang volleyball sa madaming gate attendance malamang sa seag2019. support para may maibulsa naman ang poc/psc. hahaha.
  • Whenever I was creating an account on the games I visited from this website, I noticed many issues, I tied to take support by emailing to its community, AOL tech support provided me the lists of errors and the supports and I tied to give those errors to the community for support.
    dude the vb got sponsors. baka sweldo lang yun ng federation nila. yung training care of sponsors.

last years nanjan ang rebisco at pldt. nanjan din ang chooks to go at f2 logistics and other vb teams sa psl at pvl na afford mag sponsor.

fyi, magjajapan pa nga sila sa aug 2 for training. you would know by these facts na hindi pera ng gobyerno ang pinamumudmod sa LVPI.

e isa ang volleyball sa madaming gate attendance malamang sa seag2019. support para may maibulsa naman ang poc/psc. hahaha.
    baka = cattle, cow, bull and etc etc?

baka = maybe?

maybe is not enough. make sure their sponsors will shoulder their ASIAD participation is in black and white. porke nag-Japan naging ASIAD level na. they should have done that before the 2017 SEA Games. when Alyssa Valdes went to Thailand, she was placed in a training pool of high school players.

honestly, it would be good business strategy to winners because it is like saying you were part of their medal success. and, not a hype team which was formed to promote the local LIGA.

again please answer my question: under what athlete category are our volleyball players?

listed is the POC athletes classificaton:
    Platinum - World champions/Olympic gold medalist (45K per month)
    Class A - WC/O silver & bronze medalist and Asiad Gold gold medalist (40K)
    Class B - Asiad silver & bronze medalist and SEA Games gold medalist (30K)
    Class C - SEA Games silver & bronze medalist (20K)
    Training pool A - Invitational gold medalist (10K)
    Local event athletes - pang LIGA lang (6K) 
    They are most likely under Training Pool A. As I checked spin.ph, this classification includes  "Invitational and open medalists, former medalists, and returning medalists".   Women's PH vball team last won a medal (bronze) back in SEAG 2005 here in Manila. Obviously, they do not fall under the rest of the categories/classification. 

I think even with self funding its kind of shouldnt be a short cut. As then anyone with money who is not remotley qualified can put athletes into the team. And there is no standard for being at this meet.

https://pinoyathletics.info/psc-tells-non-qualified-athletes-for-asian-games-find-your-own-funding/
    eycharboi said:
    They are most likely under Training Pool A. As I checked spin.ph, this classification includes  "Invitational and open medalists, former medalists, and returning medalists".   Women's PH vball team last won a medal (bronze) back in SEAG 2005 here in Manila. Obviously, they do not fall under the rest of the categories/classification. 

errrrr .... pang LIGA lang sila pero hyped sila as World Class.

to be included in the Class C (SEA Games silver/bronze medalist), they have to be consistent winners in consecutive Games. if an athlete fails to bring home a medal on the succeeding SEAG, they are regulate to a lower tier. kahit sa invitational bokya paano kasi wala naman talagang totoong NATIONAL VOLLEYBALL TEAM pero meron Super LIGA.

the Womens PH vball team that won in 2005 are not part of this team. hindi porke nanalo yun dating team eh automatic same class level na sila.
    No more 3x3 PH Team :disappointed:

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2018/06/28/1828746/philippines-skip-3x3-hoops-asian-games

The SBP couldn’t send the same team of Christian Standhardinger, Stanley Pringle, Roger Pogoy and Troy Rosario that represented the country in the FIBA 3x3 World Cup at the Philippines Arena early this month since only players aged 18 to 23 years old are allowed to compete in the Asiad.

There were talks a couple of months back of fielding in a squad headed by talented youngsters headed by AJ Edu and Kobe Paras, but it didn’t come to fruition.

This age-limit restriction is ridiculous tbh. Tsk tsk

Btw, patalastas lang.

FIBA U17 World Cup June 30- July 8

PHI vs Croatia - June 30
    PHI vs France - July 1
    PHI vs Argentina (Host) - July 3
    i don't know why I should answer your question. kung san qualification sila kung funding lang pala punto mo?

e afford naman nila ang training at exposure kahit walang suporta ng government. parang gilas na binibigyan ng pondo ni mvp. pwede ring ang football na inaabutan ni palami. rugby ng ayala.
    ---

nobodys saying they are world class. icheck mo pa ang ranking ng pinas sa FIVB. malayo. what they are after is exposure. and there are few international competition that Philippines can join and probably invited.

rumor says that the inclusion was already blocked by some peeps from the lvpi itself but I guess they turned it around again. they probably saw more benefits?

---
    I take back what I said. hindi pala maybe. sure yung cash cow. you can check the gate attendance ng previous international tournament ng AVC at FIVB ditto sa pinas. I think its not few. and fyi, volleyball will be held at Araneta.
    http://sports.inquirer.net/297783/volleyball-gets-manila-venues-2019-sea-games

they need income to cover the expenses they will pay for the games. one of the ROI, money aside from medals.

anyway, no hard feelings if vb gets booted out. they will have a competition in September tho.
    baka = cash cow :triumph:

baka = maybe maka-medal?

kung totoong puso, they should have trained and excelled on their own. but in reality, they are content with their situation basking in the limelight of being hyped LIGA players. while the VB PSC rode the bandwagon without even attempting to form a national team and joining invitationals. the VB PSC was also more concern about the commercial LIGA instead of the national interest.

the invitationals will affect the schedule of LIGA because interest will drop if the top players are playing out of the country.

kaya kung mas concern sila sa LIGA, wag na lang sila mga ASIAD. totoo lang we were force to send a VB team to the SEAG because we were required to do so.
    The Rugby Team Philippine Volcanoes have won Div 1 Asian Champs they definitley deserve to get in.

https://pinoyathletics.info/philippine-volcanoes-rugby-win-asian-div1/

edited June 2018
    As of August 7 2017, the latest official FIVB World Ranking for the Philippines in Womens Volleyball is 79th.

Top Asian Countries

1 China
    6 Japan
    10 South Korea
    16 Thailand
    21 Kazakhstan
    24 Azerbaijan
    45 Vietnam
    55 Taipei
    66 Hong Kong
    66 Indonesia
    66 Uzbekistan

Top Teams 2014 Asian Games, Incheon Korea
    GOLD South Korea (host)
    SILVER China
    BRONZE Thailand
    4 Japan
    5 Taipei
    6 Kazakhstan
    7 Hong Kong
    8 India
    9 Maldives

**NB The top 4 in FIVB Rankings finished Top 4 in the Asian Games 2014, albeit a different order

**All teams in Top 7 ranked higher than the Philippines by FIVB, India and Maldives not ranked higher than Philippines but didnt finish higher than the team ranked higher than Philippines by FIVB

Fast Forward 3 years 
    2017 SEA Games, Kuala Lumpur

GOLD Thailand
    SILVER Indonesia
    BRONZE Vietnam

4 Philippines

5 Myanmar
    6 Malaysia
    7 Cambodia
    8 Timor Leste

**Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia are all ranked higher than the Philippines by FIVB so finishing behind them is no surprise. In 

retrospect how other women's team sports fared at SEA Games

Basketball 4th of 7 (but not being sent as per recent article)
    Rugby 4th of 5
    Netball 5th of 5

2017 Asian Champs (host Phiippines)

1 Japan
    2 Thailand
    3 South Korea
    4 China (as expected the top 4 in FIVB, and Asian Games top 4 again in a different rotating order)
    5 Vietnam
    6 Chinese Taipei
    7 Kazakhstan
    8 Philippines
    9 Iran
    10 Australia 
    11 Hong Kong
    12 New Zealand
    13 Sri Lanka
    14 Maldives

**The Philippines did finish ahead of Hong Kong ranked 66th. Australia and NZ did not send strongest teams.

***Note having a good knowledge of stats and geography starting about 25 years ago or more certainly helped.

Athletes village in Jakarta is built at Kemayoran at an area of 10 hectares land, which has 7,424 apartments in 10 towers. Total accommodation capacity of 22,272 at the village exceeds International Olympic Committee standards, which require Olympics hosts to provide rooms for 14,000 athletes. The Athletes’ Village inside the Jakabaring Sport City at Palembang will house 3,000 athletes and officials.[47][48] A line of Jakarta LRT will directly connect athletes village to the Velodrome at Rawamangun in East Jakarta. There is a limited capacity on accommodation. That is why I think even self funding is not a good option. As if we start plonking additional athletes in hotels etc. They cant really have access to the rest of the team, and safety becomes a major concern.
    i don't know why I should answer your question. kung san qualification sila kung funding lang pala punto mo?

e afford naman nila ang training at exposure kahit walang suporta ng government. parang gilas na binibigyan ng pondo ni mvp. pwede ring ang football na inaabutan ni palami. rugby ng ayala.
    ---

nobodys saying they are world class. icheck mo pa ang ranking ng pinas sa FIVB. malayo. what they are after is exposure. and there are few international competition that Philippines can join and probably invited.

rumor says that the inclusion was already blocked by some peeps from the lvpi itself but I guess they turned it around again. they probably saw more benefits?

---
    I take back what I said. hindi pala maybe. sure yung cash cow. you can check the gate attendance ng previous international tournament ng AVC at FIVB ditto sa pinas. I think its not few. and fyi, volleyball will be held at Araneta.
    http://sports.inquirer.net/297783/volleyball-gets-manila-venues-2019-sea-games

they need income to cover the expenses they will pay for the games. one of the ROI, money aside from medals.

anyway, no hard feelings if vb gets booted out. they will have a competition in September tho.
    medyo na hilo ako.

we are talking about the ASIAD. how will the POC/PSC earn money from sending the RP VB team to Indonesia? sa SEAG 2019, oo kasi tayo ang host. pwede rin kung dito gawin yun invitationals para cash cash at medal kaagad.

may na-cow-cow na dito.

LVPI firm on sending volleybelles to Asiad

http://tribune.net.ph/index.php/2018/07/01/lvpi-firm-on-sending-volleybelles-to-asiad/

Even without government support, the highly popular Philippine national women’s volleyball team will still see action in the 18th Asian Games.

LVPI Vice-President Cayco said if the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) refuses to finance its participation, they would have no choice but to look for private funding so that their participation and the entire program would not be hampered.

-snipped-

After 36 looong years, finally! 
    As of August 7 2017, the latest official FIVB World 7Ranking for the Philippines in Womens Volleyball is 79th.

Top Asian Countries

1 China
    6 Japan
    10 South Korea
    16 Thailand
    21 Kazakhstan
    24 Azerbaijan
    45 Vietnam
    55 Taipei
    66 Hong Kong
    66 Indonesia
    66 Uzbekistan

Top Teams 2014 Asian Games, Incheon Korea
    GOLD South Korea (host)
    SILVER China
    BRONZE Thailand
    4 Japan
    5 Taipei
    6 Kazakhstan
    7 Hong Kong
    8 India
    9 Maldives

**NB The top 4 in FIVB Rankings finished Top 4 in the Asian Games 2014, albeit a different order

**All teams in Top 7 ranked higher than the Philippines by FIVB, India and Maldives not ranked higher than Philippines but didnt finish higher than the team ranked higher than Philippines by FIVB

Fast Forward 3 years 
    2017 SEA Games, Kuala Lumpur

GOLD Thailand
    SILVER Indonesia
    BRONZE Vietnam

4 Philippines

5 Myanmar
    6 Malaysia
    7 Cambodia
    8 Timor Leste

**Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia are all ranked higher than the Philippines by FIVB so finishing behind them is no surprise. In 

retrospect how other women's team sports fared at SEA Games

Basketball 4th of 7 (but not being sent as per recent article)
    Rugby 4th of 5
    Netball 5th of 5

2017 Asian Champs (host Phiippines)

1 Japan
    2 Thailand
    3 South Korea
    4 China (as expected the top 4 in FIVB, and Asian Games top 4 again in a different rotating order)
    5 Vietnam
    6 Chinese Taipei
    7 Kazakhstan
    8 Philippines
    9 Iran
    10 Australia 
    11 Hong Kong
    12 New Zealand
    13 Sri Lanka
    14 Maldives

**The Philippines did finish ahead of Hong Kong ranked 66th. Australia and NZ did not send strongest teams.

***Note having a good knowledge of stats and geography starting about 25 years ago or more certainly helped.

Yes correct. Thats why they need exposure. Similar to the situation ng football ng pinas. Umaalagwa sa rankings due to exposures. Pero in actual kaya pa rin silang patumbain ng ibang SEAG countries.
    Im not really sure kung nagbibigay ng points ang fivb sa asian games at asian cup.

-------
    Nonetheless. Kung 22k units pala yung nagawa bakit kelangan kulang pa din accomodation ng jakarta? Are they expecting more than 22k athlete? Parang andami.

Kung walang constraints from indonesia. Send more athlete.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file