Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

Recommended apps for travel!

CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
Post your recommended apps, which you use when you travel!  Personally, my husband and I use some apps and I'd like to know if there are others out there that we should check out.

Tripit - Our whole itinerary is here.  More often than not, you can just forward your email with your confirmations or tickets and the app will automatically include it in the trip.  (It doesn't work 100%, it depends on the format of the files I think.)  Whenever friends ask me for itineraries of our past trips, I just share it with them via Tripit.  It includes lodging, activities, etc.

CityMaps2Go/Ulmon Maps - Highly, highly recommended.  This is a paid app.  Before we travel, we pin all the places that's part of our itinerary.  This helps us a lot when we look for meeting places for tours, and helps us how we will get to the place.  No need for data. 

Citymapper - All stops of the bus are included!  This is an amazing app.  With this you can make sure that you will go down the right stop when you take the bus.  Not available in all countries though.

Other apps include: Tripadvisor (I try to go for hotels/tours that are rated 4.5 stars and above.  At the very least, it has to be 4 stars.  Nothing below that.), Booking.com, Uber, and XE Currency.

(Not sure if there's a thread on this already, if so, please let me know.)

Comments

• huayyuhuayyu PEx Rookie ⭐
    When I was doing my itinerary for my Japan trip, Sygic Travel app has been helpful because you can see in the map if the places are far from each other so that you could plan it accordingly.

You can check out my review of the Sygic Travel app here.

Save.Eat.Travel
  • huayyuhuayyu PEx Rookie ⭐
    When I was doing my itinerary for my Japan trip, Sygic Travel app has been helpful because you can see in the map if the places are far from each other so that you could plan it accordingly.

You can check out my review of the Sygic Travel app here.

Save.Eat.Travel
  • AbrianAbrian PEx Rookie ⭐
    I don't travel often, but I try to make my trip as comfortable as possible. I buy tickets in advance, so you can buy tickets much cheaper. Also I use such a service as a taxi to the airport, for example this service https://www.hellenictaxi.com/ . It's very convenient and it helps to save time on finding a car at the airport. Also I'm always looking for information about local cafes where there are few tourists, there usually the lowest prices for food. I like to learn about the city from the local people. Usually they gladly show the city.
  • poohbear05poohbear05 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    XE Currency - Better not to get mixed up with the currency conversion

Hostelworld.com/Booking.com - great for booking hostels/hotels. Also, you can download a free city guide from booking.com if you're booking with them

Google Maps - can download offline maps of the city you're visiting (check on-line how to)

For European cities - download the free Rick Steves' audio guide. Quite informative

TripAdvisor - for sightseeing/restaurants

Airline apps - for checking in on-line (RyanAir, SAS etc if based in Europe)