COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

PH Volleyball National Team: Updates, Scoops, and Reviews [2019]

Comments

• Mans147Mans147 Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Namention ko before sa Main thread: Why take a core of really young players and expose them high level international competition experience na agad. So kung yung mga minemention na potential future stars na nasa SHS ang ipadala dito maybe with some eligible and really deserving "ëstablished" stars mas magiging solid yung NT core natin. 

#longterm
  • Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Si coach O na ba ang most qualified na mag-handle ng men's team?
  • dash0911dash0911 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Si coach O na ba ang most qualified na mag-handle ng men's team?
    hindi pa naman nakapili pero sabi sa isang news article na "coach Oliver Almadro is one of the top candidates"
  • hee_witchyoohee_witchyoo Moderator PEx Moderator
    Wala pa naman presscon eh  :)
    Antay nalang tayo.. for sure after ng UAAP mag announce na yan sila :) 
  • justme258justme258 Member 🏹 Archer Squad🥉
    May confirmatin na ba na si CRDJ na ang hahawak ng national team? 
  • reshiramreshiram Baliw Pero Meron. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mcky said:
    Iskatrin and inghinyero's picks for the men's team are bang on. For the women's team, I'd go for this:

OH: Valdez, Phillips, Pablo, Galang
    MB: Manabat, Maraño, Ortiz
    OPP: Santiago, Alessandrini
    S: Morado, Fajardo
    L: Arado, Macandili

Phillips and Alessandrini are interchangeable since they can put the ball away from almost anywhere. We need dependable hitters when Valdez / Santiago are in the back row and I think they can be primed to be just as potent, if not already. They're decent passers and also better blockers than Pablo and Galang due to their height.

Training Pool:

OH: Tolentino, Soltones, Cruz, Tubino, Pons, Galanza, Kasilag
    MB: Reyes, Madayag, Clemente, Baron, Palomata
    OPP: Dy, Gonzaga, Pontillas
    S: Nabor, Dimaculangan
    L: Lazaro, Pantone

Alessandrini is a bit raw for the NT. She has really good fundamentals and swing though. Maybe in 2-4 years time, she'll be ripe enough to be part of the NT pool, especially when her arm injury fully recovers. She also has to learn to speak Tagalog or at least English for her to be trained well. In other words, she needs more exposure and maturity. Tbh, she is more deserving of an NT slot better than Laure and Rondina, and even Dy in the future. She would be a perfect replacement for Gonzaga. 

Tolentino is umm, for now, good enough only for UAAP and local semi-pro pleagues. She is a bit slow and could be inconsistent at times. Hindi pa pwede for NT especially when there are other better wingers. 
    since 2 years program naman, sana iinclude na ang mga promising young players para mahasa..
    NT tryout would be at Arellano University LEGARDA campus and not in the School of Law in Taft Ave. #LabanPilipinas
    Volleyverse
    Philippine National Volleyball Team tryout will be held on Apr. 13 at the Arellano law School Gym from 5PM - 9PM. #LabanPilipinas

may patryout na, wala pang head coach?
  • hee_witchyoohee_witchyoo Moderator PEx Moderator
    justme258 said:
    NT tryout would be at Arellano University LEGARDA campus and not in the School of Law in Taft Ave. #LabanPilipinas
    Volleyverse
    Philippine National Volleyball Team tryout will be held on Apr. 13 at the Arellano law School Gym from 5PM - 9PM. #LabanPilipinas

For sure meron na yan HC, kaso ayaw pa nila e reveal :lol:
    justme258 said:
    Volleyverse

For sure meron na yan HC, kaso ayaw pa nila e reveal :lol:
    sino kaya? si vicente ulit.. hahah..
  • angelofrancisangelofrancis Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Mas gusto ko si Cha Cruz kesa kay Ara Galang. Paki post naman dito yung line up last year. For me kelangan nalang I-add si Baron, Madayag or BDL. Libero Arado. Open then si Manabat at Milena.
  • mckymcky Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    reshiram said:
    mcky said:
    Iskatrin and inghinyero's picks for the men's team are bang on. For the women's team, I'd go for this:

MB: Manabat, Maraño, Ortiz

Phillips and Alessandrini are interchangeable since they can put the ball away from almost anywhere. We need dependable hitters when Valdez / Santiago are in the back row and I think they can be primed to be just as potent, if not already. They're decent passers and also better blockers than Pablo and Galang due to their height.

Training Pool:

OH: Tolentino, Soltones, Cruz, Tubino, Pons, Galanza, Kasilag
    MB: Reyes, Madayag, Clemente, Baron, Palomata
    OPP: Dy, Gonzaga, Pontillas
    S: Nabor, Dimaculangan
    L: Lazaro, Pantone

Alessandrini is a bit raw for the NT. She has really good fundamentals and swing though. Maybe in 2-4 years time, she'll be ripe enough to be part of the NT pool, especially when her arm injury fully recovers. She also has to learn to speak Tagalog or at least English for her to be trained well. In other words, she needs more exposure and maturity. Tbh, she is more deserving of an NT slot better than Laure and Rondina, and even Dy in the future. She would be a perfect replacement for Gonzaga. 

Tolentino is umm, for now, good enough only for UAAP and local semi-pro pleagues. She is a bit slow and could be inconsistent at times. Hindi pa pwede for NT especially when there are other better wingers. 
    She is indeed a bit raw and Phillips has the edge over her. With a bit more polish, she can play the same role as her and be a lethal all-around player. What I should've said was that she's better as a sub for Santiago so Phillips isn't wasted. If Santiago is made an outside hitter instead, then Phillips can swap with her as opposite, so long as Santiago has an able replacement whenever she rotates to the back. (Maybe after the serve since hers is quite strong.) Alessandrini has decent floor defence and can also attack from the pipe, which is what gives her the edge over Dy for the opposite slot. When Dy is in the back row, she tends to give soft touches during out-of-system plays and although she's showing improvement in the passing department, I think Alessandrini has a better read.
  • mckymcky Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    One quick question and UST fans shouldn't take this the wrong way.

Re: Ortiz. I've seen her play in UAAP and in some international games. She has a lethal running attack off of a perfect slide set up and she has some height to. But what happens to her when the reception is not good enough? Or the set-up is a tad off? Kumusta na po laro niya? Because I find her blocking, both in reading and reflexes a bit problematic and there's a reason why they're called Middle Blockers.

Just asking. Peace out.
    I was torn between Ortiz and Reyes in my dream team but you know what, I'd actually put Madayag over both at this stage. Her blocking form is excellent and she has great anticipation. Her quick attacks and running spikes are also equally dangerous. Best of both worlds. Revised picks:

MB: Manabat, Maraño, Madayag

Although if coach Ramil is named as head coach I reckon he'd lean towards familiarity (Reyes or Baron), especially if Fajardo is made the starting setter.
  • gelbishgelbish Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited April 2018

Re: Ortiz. I've seen her play in UAAP and in some international games. She has a lethal running attack off of a perfect slide set up and she has some height to. But what happens to her when the reception is not good enough? Or the set-up is a tad off? Kumusta na po laro niya? Because I find her blocking, both in reading and reflexes a bit problematic and there's a reason why they're called Middle Blockers.

Just asking. Peace out.

kaloka ka henry, irrelevant na idrag pa school and fans since NT naman to, hindi naman lahat ng mention ng name ni ortiz sa line up nila eh mga uste fans :bop:

tska hindi lang naman applicable kay ortiz yung reception - running attack connection, pati sa mga MBs na running attack ang bread and butter gaya ni aby

pero having said that, hindi pasok sa list ko ortiz :bop: mas madaming mas bata sakanya na kayang ma-attain yung skills nya at a younger age o mas magaling sakanya sa age nya ngayon

super agree ako kay mans, kung long term ang thinking ng management mas ok mas bata + height dapat :bop:
  • isopropyllisopropyll Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sana ipadala na sila Solomon, Eya, Nisperos and other young players.
  • goodpersongoodperson Member Volleyball Vanguard
    edited April 2018
    [Tweet]

booom. taas kilay lahat ng SEA countries.
  • angelofrancisangelofrancis Member Volleyball Vanguard
    Make it happen. Super import Silva.
  • kymedeekymedee Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nakakainis lang, bagong team nanaman. Akala bo may training pool ek ek na pinlano noon? Ugh. Every year na lang ba? New coach, new team? Gash. Anyway...

OH: Valdez, Pablo, Galang, Alessandrini
    MB: Santiago, Manabat, Madayag, Marano/Sato
    OP: Dy, Basas
    S: Fajardo, Marano
    L: Macandili, Arado

More of dream team tbh haha. Sana gumaling at bumilis pa lalo si Solomon from NU HS. Super gandang prospect for the NT for sure.
    so happy that atleast Galang is back sa predictions sa NT.
    Tuloy2 lang sa paggaling..
  • iskimbertushiskimbertush Member 👑 Queen Tiger
    gelbish said:

Just asking. Peace out.

kaloka ka henry, irrelevant na idrag pa school and fans since NT naman to, hindi naman lahat ng mention ng name ni ortiz sa line up nila eh mga uste fans :bop:

tska hindi lang naman applicable kay ortiz yung reception - running attack connection, pati sa mga MBs na running attack ang bread and butter gaya ni aby

pero having said that, hindi pasok sa list ko ortiz :bop: mas madaming mas bata sakanya na kayang ma-attain yung skills nya at a younger age o mas magaling sakanya sa age nya ngayon

super agree ako kay mans, kung long term ang thinking ng management mas ok mas bata + height dapat :bop:
    gelbish said:

Just asking. Peace out.

tama ka, non UST fans ang nagsuggest kay Ortiz. isa siya sa may pinaka mataas na block reach. highlight ng career niya yung blocks against T4 pero sa ibang games inconsistent siya sa net defense. hindi naman talaga siya known for blocking same with the 6’5 jaja.

siguro ilalagay ko siya sa lineup kung Opp or Open ang santiago sisters.

OH: Valdez, Dindin sub: Pons (defense), Rondina (offense)
    Opp: Jaja, sub: Phillips
    MB: Baron, Marano, Domingo, Ortiz
    Setter: Fajardo, Nabor
    Libero: Dawn, Arado

training pool:

Milena Alessandrini, Eya Laure, Alyssa Solomon, Faith Nisperos, Imee Hernandez
This discussion has been closed.