COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

How Do You Think Bong Go for Senator???

Why the President wants Bong Go to be a senator? Is he qualified for the job?

Duterte: 'Bright' Bong Go would make a great senator
Published March 23, 2018 9:57pm
By VIRGIL LOPEZ, GMA News
President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday hinted that his top aide, Christopher "Bong" Go, would seek public office soon.

"Look, he will win as senator...I will bet on it. He would make a great senator. He's really a bright man," Duterte said in his native Cebuano during the 16th founding anniversary of the Supreme Tribal Council for Peace and Development, Inc. in Davao City.

Duterte added Go, his chief aide for two decades now, is "pro-government" and has close ties with the military and police.

"Please don’t forget that guy at the back, who has slanted eyes, when the time comes," Duterte said, drawing applause from the audience that included Go himself.

The President earlier quipped during the 116th anniversary celebration of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on February 6 that Go's appearance at the Senate inquiry on the controversial frigate acquisition project of the Philippine Navy, which was held two weeks later, can be his closest aide’s ticket to the Senate.

Go, in response, said he was not running as he vowed to serve Duterte until his last breath.

But Go's stance seemed to have changed recently when Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol, a former politician, expressed belief Go would make it to the top five of the Senate race.

On Friday, Go said: "He is my adviser, my mentor and my boss. I am very, very happy to be endorsed by Mayor Rody. Nawawala ang pagod ko kahit 24 hours magtrabaho. But it is still too early to talk about politics. Humbled, challenged and motivated, mag du-duty muna ako kay boss at sa kapatid nating Pilipino."

Go, in a statement last week, said he cannot ignore the support of the President and his supporters but insisted it was too early to talk about politics.

A campaign dubbed “Ready, Set, Go!” has already been formed by Go’s supporters to encourage him to run for a Senate seat in the 2019 midterm elections. —JST, GMA News

Comments

• bigblackcatbigblackcat Member
    yikes. mag selfie na lang siya
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member ✭✭✭
    i think Primer Xi Ping and GMA wont allow it. kung sa aso, Go is the dog handler of DuDirty.

he might run in 2022.
  • gotcha2gotcha2 You dont have to believe me ✭✭✭
    At least my official selfie king na sa senado. Not bad :rolleyes:
    He should sit on the first row para laging may selfie.
    *kuupal*
  • extremelyextremely Dakilang Meron ✭✭
    3 percent...
  • xpopcornxxpopcornx Member ✭✭✭
    Bong Go is a winnable candidate. :)
  • mimigsmimigs Member ✭✭
    Yes just to piss the yellows along with mocha lols
  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin PExer
    Kaya naman pala olats ang Warriors, eh nasa Tondo pala si Curry at nag tutulak ng kariton ng ice cream
    Dapat yang ice cream for the kids.
    Akalain mo, may body guard pa si gaGo
    Inggit na naman kayo mga delawan

Landslide Winner na yang si Bong Go sa senado....walang binatbat ang LP dyan. :)
  • letran_jletran_j Member ✭✭✭
    anong qualifications ni SAP Bong Go? Any background on his previous "employment"? 
    Matulungin syang tao, lalo na sa mga nangangailangan...yan ang number one qualification nya na gusto ng mas nakararami.  Di tulad ng mga Dilawan....Kaya malamang landslide winner yang si Bong Go....at malamang din....Ma-ZERO ang LP. :)
  • buddywbuddyw Member ✭✭✭

Galawang trapo: SAP Go slammed for exploiting Angara’s death

Special Assistant to the President Christopher Go is getting flak online for supposedly shamelessly exploiting the death of former Senator Edgardo Angara for publicity.

Go, rumored to run for senator in next year’s polls, seized the chance to meet the grieving Angara family upon the arrival of the remains of the senator at the Villamor Air base Sunday, and shared his photos to the media. The senator’s body was reportedly airlifted from the Tagaytay family home to Manila.

“So naabutan ko po doon at sumakay na lang po ako at sumama ako doon sa Villamor at doon po at sinalubong ng kaniyang may bahay at eldest daughter niya po. Naabutan ko po, nakatabi ko pa po iyong katawan niya,” the former media-shy official said in an interview transcribed by the Palace.

“Actually po nasabi ko na po sa kaniya kanina at naiparating ko na po kay Ginang Angara ang pakikiramay ni Pangulong Duterte at sa kaniyang anak kanina, nabulong ko na po noong nag-landing po iyong helicopter,” he said.

Some netizens however were dismayed with Go’s latest publicity stunt at the expense of a deceased public servant.

“Pamilya na lang sana ng yumao ang nasa mga imahe. Kaso ganyan ka pabida si bong go,” @Harperblammo tweeted, reacting to his photos posted by GMA News on Twitter.

“Baka mg selfie pa yan ah,” @thed_french said.

@betseyklark tweeted: “The over-exposed BongGo is all over the place.”

• renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    You will always need experience kahit saang bagay.. lalo na sa pagiging politician porke alalay lang at loyal kay duterte mabait na.. lol

Wait philippines pala ito kaya pwede na iying mukang mabait..

Nakita ko si bong go dati. Nag hi ako pati mga anak ko. Siya pa nagsabi mag selfie with me and my kids. Mabait talaga sa situation na iyon. Siya pa humawak ng cp. Dahil dun boboto ko na? Ang babaw ko naman kung ganun
    ^^ Kay Bong Go na ko, kesa sa mga LP politicians. :)
    Selfie king for senatong

Senator epal Bong Go

Bong Go FTW.....LP..Zero. :)
    Level up na si Steph Curry

Magbayad na kayo ng mga buwis nyo para plane naman ang kaya nya.

Landslide Win yang si Bong Go....walang binatbat ang LP dyan....ZERO ang LP nyo. :)
    edited June 2018

There goes your moolah. Nakarating na sa Korea

Bogus Steph Curry
    Wow Senator Bong gaGo pumunta ng Bulacan nag basketball, namigay ng cherry mobile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file