Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Workout for Really Busy People?

suzdecsuzdec PEx Rookie ⭐
Hey there, Pexers!

I'm a very busy fourth year student with an ongoing on- the- job training with duties that can go as long as 30 hours every 3 days. After such an overnight duty, it leaves me feeling tired the day after and all I can do is sleep. By the next day, I still haven't recovered but I go to training only until 4pm.All I want to do is sleep. This shifting status includes weekends.

I used to lift weights when I was just starting my course but now I can't. I think it's such a waste.

The advantages I used to get when I was lifting weights were longer endurance in doing everyday tasks and weight loss.

So, Pexers, please help! I would appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    Do you have access to a gym nearby?

what equipment is available?

I often recommend express 20 minute sessions for situations like yours
  • smartsimpletonsmartsimpleton PEx Rookie ⭐
    suzdec said:
    Hey there, Pexers!

I'm a very busy fourth year student with an ongoing on- the- job training with duties that can go as long as 30 hours every 3 days. After such an overnight duty, it leaves me feeling tired the day after and all I can do is sleep. By the next day, I still haven't recovered but I go to training only until 4pm.All I want to do is sleep. This shifting status includes weekends.

I used to lift weights when I was just starting my course but now I can't. I think it's such a waste.

The advantages I used to get when I was lifting weights were longer endurance in doing everyday tasks and weight loss.

So, Pexers, please help! I would appreciate any suggestions!
    Is there any space you can run, like a parking lot? A 15 or 20-minute daily run might help you, and there's no need for equipment pa.
  • SamanthaBSamanthaB PEx Rookie ⭐
    Or try sneaking in a lunch break workout? Go for a walk or hit the gym (if there's one nearby). You could also try working out while you are at work? Keep exercise tubing or dumbbells at your desk. 
  • suzdecsuzdec PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yes I know I should find the time. After work when my mind is tired, I automatically assume my body is tired.

I stopped lifting weights for 3 months and I noticed that I tire easily and think aabot food often.

There's a gym behind my building, which is convenient so I've gone back and I feel better, less tired, less desire to eat.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with helpful suggestions. They are much appreciated!
  • SamanthaBSamanthaB PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nice to hear that @suzdec and you are welcome! Stay fit and healthy!
  • Mango ManMango Man PEx Rookie ⭐
    Just keep in mind short workouts can be as effective as long ones, given right intensity. No need to make babad sa gym 😁
  • sophieharpersophieharper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi! you can be motivated to exercise if you have a workout buddy. Find one and try to motivate each other. You can both register for a gym class or you can set a time for a quick jog depending on your availability. And if your office has stairs, try to make use of it rather than taking the elevator. Taking the stairs is a good leg workout.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I work out only 30 minutes a day every morning. You don't need to spend 2 hours in a gym to get good workouts. Find a program you like to do and just do it. Short but efficient, balls to the wall intensity. 
  • You must eat properly, constantly have a calorie deficit, in the diet should buy protein. It is necessary to do cardio exercises and drink a lot of water. Rules for all are the same.
  • mandyyangamandyyanga PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited September 2018 #11
    Hello @suzdec :smile:

You might want to try different short workouts and see what fits you best. You might want to try what they call Killer Home Workout . This is according to Slimmers World:
    • Plank and hold for 30 to 60 seconds
    • 20 reps of air squats
    • 15 reps of triceps dip
    • 10 reps of lunge with hold per leg
    • 15 reps of superman
    • 15 reps of Russian twist per side
    • 15 reps of glute bridge; and
    • Wall sit and hold for 30 to 60 seconds

It shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to complete this killer home workout. You also don’t have to worry about building more muscle in any part of your body because this targets every major muscle group. Moreover, you can quietly do this in your room without disturbing roommates or family members.

^There are a lot more short workouts you can do. Try checking it out in this article: 

Quick Workouts for Young Professionals