Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Peenoise Reactions: Robinsons buys Rustans/Shopwise

gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Gokongwei-led RRHI acquiring Rustan’s supermarket chain
Chris Schnabel | Rappler | March 23, 2018

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i honestly do not know. rustan's isn't a big player anyway.

nor is shopwise.

masmatatakot pa ako if robinson's buys Hi Top.

and rustan's caters to the upper class crowd. though yung food section nila is pretty good with actual edible foods
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ it is good move by Robinsons. Robinsons couldnt break into the major CBD especially the Ayala owned developments. the Ayala has an unholy alliance with the Sy and Tantoco families.

now, Robinsons barged in via the exit door.

why an exit door? Rustans regularized many contractual employees in 2016-17. for a retail company, it is a bad move. Rustans is in the red. and selling it is easiest way to dump a low profit company. but, they didnt regularized employees from Shopwise and Wellcome.

Robinsons didnt only buy Rustans. they also bought Shopwise and Wellcome supermarkets. Shopwise is the city retail outlets of Rustans while Wellcome is the community retail outlet. Rustans is the luxury mall. parang SM at Savemore lang iyan.

ha ha ..... huli huli yun mga sosyal na PEXers. hindi alam ano ang Rustans. sosyal pa la ang SM, Puregold at HiTop.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    in terms of size, oo naman. taena. hi Top is one of the biggest supermarket we have in the metro.

puregold din naman. saka pag supermarket and shopping for daily needs ang laban hindi naman pasosyalan ang laban. ang labanan is presyo and service.

if you want to buy slightly upscale products pwede mong i subsidize yung pagpurchase mo sa mga markets with snr or landers or rustan's.
    sabi mo ba. i think HiTop only has 3 outlets.

Garcias Supermarket --- Tropical Hut Supermarket > HiTop >> Wellcome >>> Puregold Jr >>>> Cherry Fooderama >>>>> Greenhills Supermarket >>>>>> Waltermart >>>>>>> Savemore >>>>>>>> Puregold >>>>>>>>> Shopwise >>>>>>>>>> All Home >>>>>>>>>>>> Robinsons Townmalls >>>>>>>>>>>> Metro Gaisano >>>>>>>>> Rustans.

saan ko ipapasok yun Double Dragon??

like what i said, it is a win-win deal between the two parties. Robinsons needed the prime locations and the major stockholders of Rustans want out of a company who regularized its employees. loser yun customers.

to be honest, Rustans Supermarkets sells at a premium. but Shopwise is cheaper than Robinsons. it also has a fresh section unlike Robinsons where almost every thing is frozen. i tried buying liver at Robinsons and they brought out slab. they were going to use a saw to get my small order unlike in Shopwise which is still bloody red.
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    oh thats sad, when we shop at rustans feeling ko na sa ibang bansa ako...

theyre carrier of imported goods and international gourmet products.

mahal and unfamiliar kasi paninda nila sa masa, halos iilan lang nakakasabay namin nag go grocery sa rustans pag namimili kami,

tapos tigalawang plastic bag lang dala ng karamihan pag labas (including us :hiya:)

di naman siguro magiging bakya ang rustans, ok naman ang robinsons...siguro kung sm pa naka acquire, baka pa.:glee:

ok na rin.
  • ubermenschubermensch PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sana di magbago quality ng items sa Rustan's. Or rather, same pa rin ang inventory. There are items you can buy from Rustan's but not from Robinson's or SM.
    they have Surebuy which is an equivalent of SM's Bonus products. but, their store owned cheap brand is not in competition with our local manufacturers. they have dried walnuts, almonds, pistachios, dried fruits, spices, red iced tea, and tsokolate which is not produced here.
  • Reading discussions regarding to various important social topics from here are very helpful for knowledge of followers. Hiring of essay writing help is cheap from https://www.cheapessayservice.net/ here and students also save money with avail of offers.