Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Para sa mga Pinoy, ano ang pinakasosyal na citizenship?

FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
Ano ba ang pinakasosyal na bansa para maging citizen para sa mga Pinoy?

US? Canada?Australia? UK? Singapore? any other country?

Ano ba ang sosyal ranking ng mga bansa 1-10 para sa mga Pinoy?

Comments

• ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Iraq
    Syria
    Afghanistan
    Yemen
    Oman
    Chad
    Malawi
    South Sudan
    Somalia
    Zimbabwe
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Frigid wrote: »
    Ano ba ang pinakasosyal na bansa para maging citizen para sa mga Pinoy?

US? Canada?Australia? UK? Singapore? any other country?

Ano ba ang sosyal ranking ng mga bansa 1-10 para sa mga Pinoy?

I Would says Germans.

[#]AryanMasterRace[/#]
  • kittenz wrote: »
    It depends on how you look at it.

Singapore is #1 in the Global Passport Rank. It means they have the strongest passport in the world. According to stats, it also has a world leading education system. I actually wrote a paper about this in class. They regularly reform their curriculum based on what their economy needs. They develop their school curriculum based on the industrialization and their students' individual educational needs. At present their educational system is a combination of centralized and decentralized curriculum development. Basically on top of the central agency setting the guidelines of classroom content, their teachers (and other collaborators like students and member of community) are given liberty to modify and augment the curriculum. Sa Pinas iba iba ang outcome ng education kase they have a fixed curriculum which is not exactly geared towards upward mobility. For the most part, talo ang mga public school students. Private school/Catholic school students get better education in Pinas.

If i were to really pick though, I'll pick Germany cause gwapo their guys. :rotflmao:

O but seriously Germany also has a good educational system and a good government. Most Germans are highly educated.

Tingin ko mas mataas ang educational system sa ibang bansa lalo na sa United States, Australia, Canada at Singapore kesa dito sa Philippines.
  • HermesTrismegistusHermesTrismegistus PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    russian, ukrainian, iranian, nigerian
  • Juan Plus OneJuan Plus One PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    FozoNegro wrote: »
    Tingin ko mas mataas ang educational system sa ibang bansa lalo na sa United States, Australia, Canada at Singapore kesa dito sa Philippines.

Huh? Still not sure? You don't need to be Einstein to figure this out.

The countries you mentioned are in a different league.
  • mindweavermindweaver PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hindi lang dapat sa passport ranking tayo tumitingin. We should also look at quality of life, education, healthcare, health and wellness programs, government, national wealth at iba pa.

Recently I read a news article that Norway has a lot of sovereign wealth funds -
    CBC ARTICLE. And they recently topped the 2018 winter olympics.
  • FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
    Dapat din tinitingnan ang economic status ng mga pinoy sa mga naturang bansa.

halimbawa sa germany o sa spain o italy o kung saan pa kung may pilipino doon ano naman ang lagpak ng mga pinoy doon? mga factory job o cashier job o chimay? mga ano ba sila doon?

at least sa amerika halimbawa mataas (medyo) ang status ng mga pinoy doon.
    kittenz wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Filipinos

Check the citations at the bottom for validity of claims. What that article is saying is USA ang may pinakamaraming Pilipino, next to Saudi, UAE, Canada and Malaysia.

Saying that mas maraming "high status" sa USA is mirage. Sobrang dami ng Pilipino sa USA na 3.8 million vs Italy na 128K lang. That's not the latest figures, but still, see the huge disparity?

What can we make out of those figures? It doesn't mean na USA produces more high status Filipinos than any other countries. Mas marami lang talagang Pilipino nangangamuhan sa USA, kaya mas maraming lumalabas na high status Pinoys sa US.

Nope

mas mataas talaga

one of the highest in many metrics

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/fact-sheet/asian-americans-filipinos-in-the-u-s/

i dont have the number for other countries but my guess from experience and from what i see filipinos in other countries don't hold higher positions as a percentage of the total filipino pop in that country
    But that's a sole comparison between Americans but it's true, poverty rate is low among Filipinos in the US vs pretty much everyone. But you can be a truck driver there and not live in poverty. I wanna see stats showing the job quality of Pinoys there.

http://i.imgur.com/b6VIen8.png

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acsbr11-17.pdf

According to Census, if you're married and have 2 kids below 18, you're in poverty if you're making below $24.8K/year then you're in poverty. Truck drivers make $66k/year on average.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/blogs/random-samplings/2016/09/what-does-it-mean-to-be-in-poverty-in-the-u-s-statistically-speaking.html

https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Truck-Driver-Salaries

you are giving arguments that doesnt help you

first of all wala akong sinabi na dapat white collar job ka para ma consider ka na high earner ka

kapag high earner ka kahit truck driver ka lang eh high earner ka na

sa italy o sa germany may ganyan bang pinoy? ilan marami o kaunti?
  • MabuheyMabuhey PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    basta wag lang sa mga Arab countries:)
    Um yeah actually sinabi mo to:

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/images/2011/ted_20111206b.png

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2011/ted_20111206.htm?view_full

This is a survey from 2008-2010 ha so not the latest pero do you see the trend?

Cashier/Supermarket/Fast food job = retail/sales/service and 23.9% of Pinoys are in the sales field, pumapangalawa sa mga Koreano. 20.1% of Pinoys are in the service field, pumapangalawa sa mga Vietnamese (na panalo sa mga nail salon).

12.1% Pinoys holding a managerial post, pangatlo sa pinakamababa.

31.1% of Pinoys holding a professional job, medyo tie sa Japan, pang-apat, followed by Koreans then Viets.

So if a factory worker makes $12/hour = $24.9K/year lives with his chimay spouse that makes $10/hour = $20.8K/year and they have 2 kids under 17 in the same household, that gives them a family income of $45K/year!

Of course, they won't be included in the poverty statistics!

Eh karamihan ng Pinoy sa America, they live in a family household. That means combined income.

Kung ano anong pinagsasasabi mo

1. When i mean factory job as a low type general labour job that excludes supervisory or managerial jobs

2. if you look at this link it says
    Median annual personal earnings for full-time, year-round workers was $43,000 among Filipinos, versus $40,000 for the overall population. Only 6.2% of Filipino-American adults were in poverty, compared with 12.8% of all U.S. adults.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/11/13/more-than-3-4m-americans-trace-ancestry-to-philippines/

it says that full time filipino workers still earn more per person than the average american regardless of their household size

3. yung sinabi mong the filipinos are among the 3d lowest among asians holding managerial positions (or something like that) but that is only comparing them to other asians which is could possibly be holding the greatest concentration of managerial jobs as a group anyway. so kung pangatlong pinakamababa sa asians eh ano ngayon kung yung mga pinoy eh mas mataas naman kaysa sa average.

4. kung yung mga pinoy mas maraming nakatira sa isang bahay kasi either maraming anak o hindi divorced ang magulang o may nakatirang mga kamaganak, eh ano ngayon? kasalanan nila.

hindi ba isa dapat iyon sa prestige ng isang grupo na buo ang pamilya

at isa pa kung may dalawang magulang na magkasama, dalawa din ang nagbabayad ng bahay (as opposed sa isang divorcee na nagiisang nagtataguyod) so may extra income para sa ibang bagay gaya ng kotse o kaya savings para sa education.

hindi siya negative. so hindi nga sila poverty.

5. yung mga pinoy immigrants sa US karamihan sa mga iyan ay employment sponsored so ibig sabihin professional ang mga iyan at mga white collar iyan at paglapag ng eropplano sa amerika may trabaho na ang mga iyan

not unlike halimbawa sa canada points based yan so kailangan maghanap pa ang mga pinoy ng trabaho siguro seldom pa iyan na makapuslit ng white collar o professional job. it doesnt stop them though from moving up later on but on the onset pinoys in amerika are better off
    Ok akala ko ba you're not talking about white collar workers? Ano ba talaga?

Una, you showed me stats saying that only a small percentage of Pinoys are in poverty which means, high status according to your definition. Sabi mo nung una, it doesn't matter kung white collar worker or not, then you rescinded. So in response to that, I said that the statistics is actually showing numbers by the household. You took it the wrong way and said kasalan ng mga Pilipino kung bakit magkakasama silang mag-anak sa bahay. No, that's not the point.

Also do you know what median means? That's different from average. Median is literally the middle value. Average is the sum of all the income divided by the number of people surveyed.

About Canada, iba ang education standards sa Canada kaya mahirap makapag-immigrant sa Canada based on employment. Most provinces have PNP or Provincial Nominee Program pero in many cases, unless you already have an appropriate Canadian work experience and education, you won't make the cut. As a foreign graduate, you need to have at least 15 years of overall education to be considered a college graduate here. Dito they have 12 years of elementary and high school, and 3-4 years of college. So unless meron ka na master's or you did a 5 year course in college (like Physiotherapy or Civil Eng), mahihirapan ka sa Canada. Sa Quebec ang madalas na entry point ng mga professional workers na Pinoy. Why? Cause they have similar education standards as Pinas. Even so, they have to learn some French. Yung mga Quebecois na lumilipat sa Toronto they do some sort of 2 year diploma program muna to be considered a high school graduate in Toronto.

That's the main reason why konti ang landed immigrants sa Canada under the employment stream. They have stricter education, work experience and language requirements.

anong pinagsasabi mo blue collar white collar?

nahihilo ka

anong oinagsasasabi mong poverty poverty?

nahihilo ka

i alrady answered all of those.

No it is harder to immigrate in US than in canada

yung employment stream na sinasabi mo, iba yun.

get some sleep
  • Kent_21OKent_21O Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Sosyal? Like kakaunting Pinoy lang ang nakakakuha? For me, in this order:

1. Denmark
    2. Switzerland
    3. Germany
    4. Norway
    5. Finland

Madami na kasing Pinoy na passport holders ng USA, Australia and Canada. So parang di na surprising. Unlike a Swiss passport for example.

swiss-passport-png.png

But living those countries I mentioned doesn't appeal me. I don't like a homogeneous country, I like diversity so USA, Canada and Australia pa din ang top choices ko.
    But how is it harder in the US kung mas madaming Pinoy sa US by like 83% than Canada? Canada has roughly 600K Filipinos, vs sa US na 3.5 million ang Pinoy?

then you continued

So, kung mas mahirap mag-immigrate sa US, baket ang daming Pilipino sa US? :lol:

Sabi mo sa US, most of them are employment-based landed immigrant. I made a comparison between Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (province-centric) and US' Employment-Based Visa. There's not a lot of difference.

In Ontario, here's the minimum requirements:
    - At least 2 years of paid work within the same field
    - A full-time job offer by a Canadian employer
    - The job being offered must be under the Professional/Skilled/Technical level, that means you need at least a trades diploma/certificate

In the US, not a lot of difference:
    - Must have a full-time job offer by a US employer
    - Open to skilled, professional and non-skilled workers, that also means you only need at least a trades diploma/certificate

So what gives?

Why do you say "eh ano ngayon" or something to that effect? That sounds like an answer to an attack. Do you think I'm mocking or belittling Filipinos in the US?!

Ok so yeah I'm limited to what the stats gave me. Asians and Whites all in all are leading in terms of managerial posts. So yes, mas lamang ang Pinoy than other races in the US.

Sa Canada, it's difficult to find a high quality job.

hoy wag mo nga bilugin ulo namin

In canada you absolutely dont need a job offer to migrate

In us you absolutely need a job offer if not you need to be a nobel prize winner or an olympic gold medalist

Now with regards to why there are more filipinos in us than canada

i think the reason is because the us has been a traditonal filipino migrant destination for a long time so mas marami talaga. it is only now that filipinos are discovering canada. in 2012 there were about 45000 new filipino immigrants in us (and that is after a very long wait, thats why many opt out for temporary visa and still that has a very long wait) and in 2012 in canada there were 32000 new filipino immigrants (with very little to no waiting time) and that is despite america is 10X bigger than canada

also the required qualitications for filipino migrants that are approved in practice is always much higher in the us than in canada

think of it this way for imagery

if in the us they accept 100 filipinos a year, these filipinos will be required to have an average of 5 years of education

vs

in canada who if they accept 50 filipinos a year but are required to have an average of 3 years of education

if you are a trades person who went to technical college, you can definitely go to canada

if you are a trades person who went to technical college, it is almost if not almost impossibe to go to us

so the us accept more filipinos (a little bit more) but their qualifications are higher
  • Kent_21OKent_21O Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Ate herms, I work for the same employer. Transfer lang ng location but still under the same company.

Hindi ganun ka impressive yung credential ko para i-hire ng isang US company. :lol:

But yeah, tama ka. Sobrang tedious at costly ng process.
  • MaccieForeverMaccieForever PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was offered by my current company to move to LA or SF offices for long-term assignment.
    I rejected. I would not trade Sydney to the USA.
  • ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My list:

Vatican
    Lichtenstein
    Monaco
    Netherlands
    Luxumberg
    San Marino
    Andorra
    Belgium
    Norway
    Sweden
    Frigid wrote: »
    hoy wag mo nga bilugin ulo namin

In canada you absolutely dont need a job offer to migrate

In us you absolutely need a job offer if not you need to be a nobel prize winner or an olympic gold medalist

Now with regards to why there are more filipinos in us than canada

i think the reason is because the us has been a traditonal filipino migrant destination for a long time so mas marami talaga. it is only now that filipinos are discovering canada. in 2012 there were about 45000 new filipino immigrants in us (and that is after a very long wait, thats why many opt out for temporary visa and still that has a very long wait) and in 2012 in canada there were 32000 new filipino immigrants (with very little to no waiting time) and that is despite america is 10X bigger than canada

also the required qualitications for filipino migrants that are approved in practice is always much higher in the us than in canada

think of it this way for imagery

if in the us they accept 100 filipinos a year, these filipinos will be required to have an average of 5 years of education

vs

in canada who if they accept 50 filipinos a year but are required to have an average of 3 years of education

if you are a trades person who went to technical college, you can definitely go to canada

if you are a trades person who went to technical college, it is almost if not almost impossibe to go to us

so the us accept more filipinos (a little bit more) but their qualifications are higher
    In Canada, you can obtain a Bachelor's degree after 3 years. But if you wanna go to graduate school you need a 4 year degree. I'm doing an Honours Bachelor's degree, yun yung 4 years. US colleges and universities have that too though probably not as common.

How am I lying? Why would I lie about something that anybody can google?

Remember Kent 210? Isn't he an engineer of some sort and he found a US employer who willingly processed his papers and his family's to come and to the US? Do you know what kind of motions an employer has to go through and the money they have to shell out to take in a foreign employee??? Do you think in Canada that happens a lot? Even nurses don't get that much luck unless nag-agency sila. Madami nang Canada-educated nurses dito...

Ang prinsipyo ng Canada madami na local talents, why don't we give the jobs to them first? Filipino RN's end up working as RPN's here, as in registered practical nurse which is a 2 year degree. Why? Again, kase hindi match ang education standards ng Ontario with Pilipinas. You need at least 15 years of education to be considered a college grad here. And to be an RN yoy need to complete a bridging program in a college.

In Canada, iba iba ang patakaran every province. In my province, you absolutely need to find an employer who's willing to go through the efforts of searching for a foreigner abroad over a qualified Canadian who can immediately fill in the job. Most Canadian employers have preference for people who already have their papers in Canada. Gets mo or you still think I'm making this up? Don't believe me? Here's the link.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPABOUT.html

That website will show you what kind of foreigners they're looking for under the Nominee Program.

However yes there's one province that will accept an applicant without any job offer and proof of funds. A lot of Filipinos come to Canada through the Quebec Skilled Worker program.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

To be announced yung date of intake for Skilled Workers. That means freeze ang application. Meron quota na 5000 per year. Gets?

According to stats, Filipinos in Canada are some of the lowest paid workers. Why? I suppose cause marami Pinoy na nakapunta dito under the Caregiver Program. You only need work experience as a DH or a caregiver certificate for that. No degree required. That's a Non-Skilled worker program unique to Canada. Basically they allow Canadians to hire a nanny abroad. Working as a caregiver for 3 years gives you permanent residence and the ability to sponsor your spouse and kids. So madami naging citizen dito because they worked as a nanny. I've met a lot of Pinays here na nanny dito once upon a time. They didn't upgrade their education and skillset kaya walang matatag na career after being in Canada for decades. Ganyan ang nakikita kong trend sa mga nag caregiver dito. Yes meron sila bahay at kotse, nakakapag travel every year, pero they're blue collar workers. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think they'll be doing the same sh1t if they were in Pinas.

no you are confounding everything i said

you dont need a job offer to move to canada and no not a large portion of migrants became nannies first in canada

when im talking about employment based immigration in canada im talking about applying to canada as a migrant under a normal circumstance including but not limited to becoming nannies first and excluding coming as a refugee

you think nannies can get to us? hell no. even indians who are computer scientists cant get a green card

even if it is very hard for employers to file the paperwork to hire alien workers and not as lenient as in the us, people can still get in.

unlike in the us you absolutely need an employer to sponsor u. and when they sponsor they are looking for a degreed person not a diploma or a tradesperson.

ibig sabihin

if all people who were accepted to migrate to us applied to canada instead, they would all be accepted

if all people who were accepted to migrate to canada applied to us instead, only a very few would be accepted
  • JUST_JT_JUST_JT_ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was offered by my current company to move to LA or SF offices for long-term assignment.
    I rejected. I would not trade Sydney to the USA.

yeah not LA. i once worked for a us company in costa mesa sa orange county and i was commuting from van nuys. hindi ako tumagal. jan ka nlang sa syd or try mo sa seattle hehe
    That's partly true. You only need a degree and adequate experience to apply to the Quebec Skilled Worker program. Otherwise you need an employer to come to Canada. Even nannies. Nannies come to Canada as temporary foreign workers. After 4 years they can no longer extend their work permit unless they apply to become an immigrant or apply for an open work permit allowing them to work outside of the caregiving field.

I gave you the citations. I told you na, the rules are different and what you said doesn't apply to many jurisdictions in Canada. You're so in denial. What do you actually get from saying that US is a hard country to get into? We all know that's not true... Half of the people here on PEx na nasa abroad, they're in the US. Fam, I can K-1 my way there if I wanted to. :rotflmao:

[#]90dayfianc[/#]?

well i have confounded applying for a permanent residence to work permit also

to apply for permanent resident in canada you dont need a job offer except if you are applying for permanent residence as a tradesperson you need a job offer.

In 2017 80,000 people were invited to apply as a permanent resident.

and yearly, canada gives cant remember 200,000 or 300,000 work permits which many or mostly need a job offer

but in any case, its still easier to get a work permit and get permanent residency than the us bec canada gives work permits like i already said to tradespeople and butchers and bakers

in the us they never give work permits and permanent residency to butchers and bakers and electricians and mechanics

they only give them to engineers and computer scientists and phds and they all need a job offer