Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

DOs and DONTs sa LAMAY

JUST_JT_JUST_JT_ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Is there a ' right thing' to say to someone grieving aside from 'condolence'

Is it still improper not to wear black top outfit. how about jeans, shorts, dress sandals (summertime)

How about demeanor, dapat somber near/around the grieving party?

Is it insensitive to bring a deck of cards to play pusoy with buddies and drink unlimited coffee

Comments

• CelynneCelynne PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I haven't heard that wearing black top outfit is improper, I thought it's even a sign of pakikiramay.
  • Sabi sa akin ng mother ko nung namatay ang tito ko on father ko last two weeks ago, huwag daw magpaalam sa namatayan bago umuwi baka raw sumunod sa iyo ang kaluluwa ng namayapa kaya pagkatapos makipag lamay diretso uwi na lang daw
  • gladyskawaiigladyskawaii PEx Rookie ⭐
    Don’t:

take pictures of the dead and post it on soc med.
  • kurttrukkurttruk PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dont's

huwag ubusin yung tinapay o biskwit :glee:
  • burburburbur PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dati nakiramay ako pero sa text lang. Imbes na condolence, ang sinabi ko ay "sorry nga pala sa nangyari". Okay lang ba yun? :hiya:
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kurttruk wrote: »
    dont's

huwag ubusin yung tinapay o biskwit :glee:

:hiya: natawa naman ako. lamay topic pero may joke pa rin.

anyway, it depends on the host. i dont go anyway to mere acquaintances', i tried that one time...one of my patients passed away, and they were rich, buti na lang nagphatid ako sa kapatid ko, dahil puro naka kotse mga bisita.

the family werw nice to accommodate me, coz thwy knew me, pero if the daughters werent there, magmumuka akong op, as no one knew me.

so its best to attend only to those whom you know personally or at least a family member, like close officemates, close college/h.s. friends, your familiarity with them will guide you how to behave in a funeral. it wouod be hard with people you dont personally know, specially at a time when theyre sensitive nd emotional.

ive heard some family members make scenes at their loved ones wake. you dont want to be involved in that or be at the center of it.
  • Huwag ka maghahagis ng bulaklak sa lamay at walang sasalo....
  • Kent_21OKent_21O Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Meron pa nga iba, nagseselfie pa with the dead smh!