FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

BDO Nomura [PSE Trading]

BDO Nomura Securities, Inc. (Formerly : PCIB Securities, Inc.) is a joint venture between BDO Unibank and Nomura Holdings of Japan with the goal of becoming one of the premier securities brokerage firms in the Philippines by providing online trading services for local stocks to individual investors. The business also aims to provide stock brokerage services to institutional clients overseas and to eventually provide a platform to connect Filipino investors to the international stock markets.

BDO is a full-service universal bank which provides a wide range of corporate and retail banking services that include traditional loan and deposit products, as well as treasury, trust banking, investment banking, private banking, rural banking, cash management, leasing and finance, remittance, insurance, retail cash cards and credit card services. BDO has one of the largest distribution networks, with more than 1,000 operating branches and over 3,000 ATMs nationwide. It also has a branch in Hong Kong as well as 26 overseas remittance and representative offices in Asia, Europe, North America and the Middle East. BDO ranked as the largest bank in terms of total assets, loans, deposits, capital and trust funds under management based on published statements of condition as of September 30, 2015. For more information, please visit www.bdo.com.ph.

Nomura is a leading financial services group and preeminent Asia-based investment bank with global reach. It provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Its unique understanding of Asia enables Nomura to make a difference for clients through three business divisions, namely, Retail, Asset Management and Wholesale. For more information, please visit www.nomura.com.
bnsupport2.png
Email: bnsupport1.png

Comments

• piquanteyepiquanteye Member ✭✭✭
    If you are already a long time BDO Depositor you can easily invest Direct to PSE by visiting https://www.bdo.com.ph/bdo-nomura-home

Follow the instructions there and start PSE trading / investing online.

BNS said that they are currently developing a mobile app for BDO Nomura for android and apple users so have a close watch about it.
    Follow BDO at Facebook to learn more about BDO Nomura
    BDO Nomura Traders kamusta naman mga bro!
  • wavemakerwavemaker Member
    piquanteye wrote: »
    BDO Nomura Traders kamusta naman mga bro!

parang active poster ka yata sa maraming stock broker. meron ka bang account sa mga to?
    wala. hahahaa... pero parang maganda.
  • newbie lng ako sa bdo nomura, can somone aswer my question, kasi I sold my stocks and it was markas queued, then after the market was closed it was marked as expired, what will happen to my stocks?
  • mangosagomangosago Member ✭✭
    Stocks not sold like in this case will be returned to your portfolio.
  • freelancer_babefreelancer_babe Member ✭✭✭
    wala. hahahaa... pero parang maganda.
    Ahaha! Gawa ka na ng account.

Ako pinagawan ako ng account ni Ms. BDO Marketing sa friendly neighborhood BDO bank namin dito. Madali at mabilis lang pala. All I need is an online BDO account na may existing deposit account enrolled. Wala pang 1 minute may account na ako. Pero next day pa maactivate.

Compared sa experience ko sa COL na need ko pang mag submit ng mga documents via courier/snail mail na mas matagal.
  • Thinking of investing through BDO Nomura.. Still gathering info though.
  • Thinking of investing through BDO Nomura.. Still gathering info though.
    Do you mind sharing whatever info na ma-gather mo regarding nomura? Pros and Cons.

I'm planning to open din kasi, imbis na matulog ang cash ko sa savings lang, i-invest ko yung iba hehe. 
  • ehleesyan said:
    Thinking of investing through BDO Nomura.. Still gathering info though.
    Do you mind sharing whatever info na ma-gather mo regarding nomura? Pros and Cons.

I'm planning to open din kasi, imbis na matulog ang cash ko sa savings lang, i-invest ko yung iba hehe. 

Just stuff I've read online. Was thinking of investing through COL Financial before, ewan di lang natuloy. :lol: Then I read about BDO Nomura, which is kinda like COL, but with less steps and hassle in doing transactions.

For one, you only need an active BDO savings acount to open a Nomura account, and you do it online. It could take you as little as 2 minutes, if you have fast fingers and Internet connection. No hassles of submitting IDs and other documents, unlike with COL. Funding can also be done online, through BDO online banking.

There are lots of guides online on how to buy and sell stocks as well; Google is very helpful in this regard. However, it's still up to you and your savvy when and how to invest in stocks. I think you get tips in the email from Nomura, but conscientious research about stock trading would not hurt either.
  • markapinyamarkapinya Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    No one can beat BDO Nomura sa ease of opening an account if you are a BDO online user. I tried COL and umabot ng isang buwan ang account opening dahil sa pag mail ng documents. 

Another plus is the zero maintaining balance for your settlement account. Madali ang pag transfer in, and more important, it's as easy to transfer out money. 

On the minus side, di ganun ka user friendly ang trading platform itself. Madalas na-cu-cutoff ang connection if you do not have a fast and stable internet connection. Pero nag email sila na me upgrade daw sa platform nila coming soon.

As for their research and analyst report, in my limited experience, it is more wrong than right. Huwag basta basta macarried away sa mga intelligent sounding terms kasi what they say is a good stock today they are gonna say it's bad tomorrow. I suspect it's nothing but a tool to make you buy and sell more often (it's in the commission after all that they make money :)
  • On the minus side, di ganun ka user friendly ang trading platform itself.

agree ako rito. naghahanap ako ng iba pang alternative sa col nun. nakita ko si nomura pero di nga maganda ang platform niya sabi sa online reviews. masyadong nakakalito para sa first-timers. sa col naman mabilis lang ang pag-open ko ng account kasi personal ako pumunta nun sa office nila sa makati. di ko na matandaan kung gano katagal kasi 2 years ago na yun, pero hindi naman inabot ng isang buwan. siguro within a week lang.
  • ehleesyan said:

Just stuff I've read online. Was thinking of investing through COL Financial before, ewan di lang natuloy. :lol: Then I read about BDO Nomura, which is kinda like COL, but with less steps and hassle in doing transactions.

For one, you only need an active BDO savings acount to open a Nomura account, and you do it online. It could take you as little as 2 minutes, if you have fast fingers and Internet connection. No hassles of submitting IDs and other documents, unlike with COL. Funding can also be done online, through BDO online banking.

There are lots of guides online on how to buy and sell stocks as well; Google is very helpful in this regard. However, it's still up to you and your savvy when and how to invest in stocks. I think you get tips in the email from Nomura, but conscientious research about stock trading would not hurt either.
    Wow, I was also planning to open on COL Financial pero hindi matuloy tuloy, na-hahassle kasi ako pumunta sa office. And while I was doing a transaction with BDO, I saw a little print out on their counter BDO Nomura, I asked the counter how do I open an account with BDO Nomura? Nagustuhan ko kase yun nga, hindi hassle mag open account. You can even do it by yourself online. This is similar sa Metrobank's First Metrosec, they also accept Credit Card transaction for financing your account, I think meron din installment option (kung malaki)

Yun lang, hindi nga daw talaga user friendly ang platform nila. Maybe i'll just open an account since zero maintaining balance naman sila, and wait for their upgraded platform...

Maraming salamat
  • I've opened a Nomura account finally. Funded it with my kid's birthday money and ordered stocks of Jollibee per her request. =) As of now, pending pa din status. Very very new to this so I am learning as I go.
  • SoulExchangeSoulExchange 青春フールパワー ✭✭✭
    ehleesyan said:
    ehleesyan said:

Wow, I was also planning to open on COL Financial pero hindi matuloy tuloy, na-hahassle kasi ako pumunta sa office. And while I was doing a transaction with BDO, I saw a little print out on their counter BDO Nomura, I asked the counter how do I open an account with BDO Nomura? Nagustuhan ko kase yun nga, hindi hassle mag open account. You can even do it by yourself online. This is similar sa Metrobank's First Metrosec, they also accept Credit Card transaction for financing your account, I think meron din installment option (kung malaki)

Yun lang, hindi nga daw talaga user friendly ang platform nila. Maybe i'll just open an account since zero maintaining balance naman sila, and wait for their upgraded platform...

Maraming salamat
    May 3.5% charge if you'll fund your account using credit card sa first metro sec. Na-curious ako dati kasi naka-receive ako email from metrobank na pwede daw yun. Na-discourage ako sa 3.5% Hahahahahahaha Ok sya if kaya mo i-outperform ang fee. Kaso di naman ako magaling sa ganong bagay, though very small part ng trabaho ko ang portfolio analysis lols Hahahahahaha
  • ehleesyan said:
    ehleesyan said:

Maraming salamat
    May 3.5% charge if you'll fund your account using credit card sa first metro sec. Na-curious ako dati kasi naka-receive ako email from metrobank na pwede daw yun. Na-discourage ako sa 3.5% Hahahahahahaha Ok sya if kaya mo i-outperform ang fee. Kaso di naman ako magaling sa ganong bagay, though very small part ng trabaho ko ang portfolio analysis lols Hahahahahaha
    Ganon? may 3.5% pala na charge yon? I'll go with cash nalang for funding siguro, half to Metro, half to Nomura just to compare the two platforms.

I've opened a Nomura account finally. Funded it with my kid's birthday money and ordered stocks of Jollibee per her request. =) As of now, pending pa din status. Very very new to this so I am learning as I go.
    Kamusta naman ang platform? User friendly po ba? I'm planning to invest my midyear bonus kasi dito kung sakali ^_^
  • SoulExchangeSoulExchange 青春フールパワー ✭✭✭
    edited August 4
    ehleesyan said:
    ehleesyan said:
    ehleesyan said:

Maraming salamat
    Ganon? may 3.5% pala na charge yon? I'll go with cash nalang for funding siguro, half to Metro, half to Nomura just to compare the two platforms.

I've opened a Nomura account finally. Funded it with my kid's birthday money and ordered stocks of Jollibee per her request. =) As of now, pending pa din status. Very very new to this so I am learning as I go.
    Kamusta naman ang platform? User friendly po ba? I'm planning to invest my midyear bonus kasi dito kung sakali ^_^
    Yiiih. Nsa faqs sya.

5. What are the fees and charges?
    Related charges per transaction are as follows:

Paid To 

Cost
    Payment Gateway Fee Internet Payment Gateway Provider

P 16.80

Credit/Debit Card Fee and Withholding Tax Visa and Mastercard issuing bank
    3.50% of the total amount billed to your credit/debit card

Woops. OT again. :lol:
  • ehleesyan said:
    Update lang. Got the Trade Confirmation last night of the stocks I bought. Kakakilig lang, may stocks na si batuta ng Jollibee and BDO kahit kakapurat. :lol:

May mga minimum lots at parang multiples of 10 lang yung sa Jollibee so may putal pa after. Kaya naghanap pa ako ng ibang stocks na mababa ang share price at minimum, na stable naman. So yun, BDO nabili ko dun sa putal. :)

Not planning to trade naman, just maybe keep buying stocks lang pag may extra money. The money should grow naman in a few years time, wag lang me mangyari para bumagsak ang price ng stocks nun company. But I think relatively "safe" naman ang Jollibee at BDO.
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I reviewed some technical analysis about stock trading. Medyo gets ko siya pero may feeling of uncertainty kasi probably inexperienced pa ako. 

May mga nababasa akong recommended portfolios tulad ng galing sa Truly Rich Club and other investor sites claiming they beat PSEI. May monthly fees sila. Do you think worth it siya?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file