Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Mocha Uson given award by UST Alumni Assoc - bwahahaha

sweet.twinssweet.twins PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Comments

• sweet.twinssweet.twins PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the reactions in Twitter was very quick, tons and nasty on this award both from people who are UST alumni and form other schools,
  • mousetrapsmousetraps PEx Rookie ⭐
    Makes you question if the big 4 should just be reverted back to big 3.
  • sweet.twinssweet.twins PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mousetraps wrote: »
    Makes you question if the big 4 should just be reverted back to big 3.

the award was given by the UST Alumni Association not UST the university itself.
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ motivational sa mga lasing :hiya:

eh kasi naman, why do people give so much credence to this dung ho of a woman.

mga tao din lang naman nag papa VIP sa kanya.

shes a nobody, treat her like one.
  • sargosargo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    UST's student government objects to and denounces award given to Mocha Uson. language used is pretty strong.

the students know Mocha is not deserving of any award.

[tweet]
  • elBartoloelBartolo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Alumni award ng alumni association. Hindi nyo problema yan. Jover Laurio, FILIPINO of the year award. Yung ang problema. :lol:
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    I finished my pre-law in UST
    but never bothered to be a member of USTAAI

Balak ko pa naman bumili ng Alumni card
    but for lack of time, di ako nakaka punta sa UST
    (malayo kasi sa bahay at office)
    MABUTI NA LANG

I am just hoping the Dominicans will issue
    an official position regarding this issue

If the Dominicans concur with the USTAAI
    Then, I am calling all PROGRESSIVE Thomasians
    to organize a rally in front of UST
    SUNUGIN ANG DIPLOMA
    (kahit xerox lang)

Pero ako,
    WILLING KAHIT ORIGINAL ang sunugin
    Di ko naman sya nagagamit
    PROFESSIONALLY SPEAKING
    [tweet]

most students and alumni are against this award being given to Mocha Uson
  • elBartoloelBartolo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ahh.. Atio Castillo. Dean Nilo Divina. Sikat ang UST.

Pero aray kayo ng aray sa award ni Mocha. :lol: Eh ano ngayon kung maraming nagpapanggap?
  • TrollmeisterTrollmeister PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sargo wrote: »
    [tweet]

most students and alumni are against this award being given to Mocha Uson

in your dreams, the students are just apathetic to this news :rotflmao:
  • lacroixlacroix PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Fil-Am novelist and UST alumnus calls award to Mocha Uson ‘an insult’ to alumni

Bino A. Realuyo
    8 hrs ·

January 21, 2018

Very Rev. Fr. Bruno F. Cadore, O.P. MD,
    Chancellor, University of Santo Tomas, and
    Officers and Members of UST Alumni Association

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Bino A. Realuyo, a proud alumnus of the University of Santo Tomas and author of the novel, “The Umbrella Country” and the poetry collection, “The Gods We Worship Live Next Door,” a recipient of the 2009 Philippine National Book Award. In 2003, I was one of the 75+ humbled alumni of UST High School who were selected from its graduate pool of the past 75 years to receive its “75th Founding Anniversary Award.” Although I no longer lived in Manila, I accepted the recognition with pride, honor and dignified belief in VERITAS as I spent ten years of my formative years at the University of Santo Tomas Elementary and High School.

The recent Thomasian Alumni Award recognition of Mocha Uson, a known propagandist and “purveyor of fake news” at a time when Freedom of the Press is under attack in the Philippines is an insult to all UST Alumni who believe in upholding one of the pillars of strong democracies—VERITAS. I echo the sentiment of UST’s Central Student Body that “Mocha Uson does not embody the ideals of a real Thomasian.” According to Uson, “it is a great honor for me that my Alma Mater recognize[d] my efforts for change in our country.” Her idea of change has resulted in the death of many Filipinos. I am sure there are many unsung and worthy alumni of UST whom you can honor and recognize. Mocha Uson is certainly not one of them.

I continue to cherish the values that my teachers and staff at UST have instilled in me. They have prepared me enough to eventually pursue graduate studies as a Leadership Fellow at Harvard University, another university with a similar motto—VERITAS. VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS. Truth conquers all. History will judge us. For now, we have to keep our faith in Truth by rejecting those who obscure and twist it in the name of propaganda. I am demoralized by your recognition of Mocha Uson. As a protest of your decision to support a political propagandist who thrives in attacking the highest ideals of Philippine democracy, I am returning the award given to me. Please give me a mailing address so that I may send this award back to you.
    Vincit Omnia Veritas,

Bino A. Realuyo
    Novelist, Poet, Educator, New York City
    UST student leaders blast alumni award for Mocha Uson

MANILA - The University of Santo Tomas Central Student Council expressed dismay over the award given by the school's alumni association to Presidential Communications Assistant Secretary Margaux "Mocha" Uson.

Citing UST's motto "truth in charity," the student leaders said Uson, who was given the Thomasian award for Government Service for her work under President Rodrigo Duterte's administration, "does not embody the ideals of a real Thomasian."

"And with all due respect, Ms. Esther Margaux 'Mocha' Uson does not deserve an award that was meant solely for outstanding Thomasian alumni," the UST-CSC said in a statement Sunday.

Hindi deserve ni Mocha ang public service award – UST student council
    wow, an awardee of one of UST's most prestigious awards wants to return the award given to him because of the Alumni Association's award to Mocha Uson.

lacroix wrote: »
    Fil-Am novelist and UST alumnus calls award to Mocha Uson ‘an insult’ to alumni

Bino A. Realuyo
    8 hrs ·

January 21, 2018

Very Rev. Fr. Bruno F. Cadore, O.P. MD,
    Chancellor, University of Santo Tomas, and
    Officers and Members of UST Alumni Association

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Bino A. Realuyo, a proud alumnus of the University of Santo Tomas and author of the novel, “The Umbrella Country” and the poetry collection, “The Gods We Worship Live Next Door,” a recipient of the 2009 Philippine National Book Award. In 2003, I was one of the 75+ humbled alumni of UST High School who were selected from its graduate pool of the past 75 years to receive its “75th Founding Anniversary Award.” Although I no longer lived in Manila, I accepted the recognition with pride, honor and dignified belief in VERITAS as I spent ten years of my formative years at the University of Santo Tomas Elementary and High School.

The recent Thomasian Alumni Award recognition of Mocha Uson, a known propagandist and “purveyor of fake news” at a time when Freedom of the Press is under attack in the Philippines is an insult to all UST Alumni who believe in upholding one of the pillars of strong democracies—VERITAS. I echo the sentiment of UST’s Central Student Body that “Mocha Uson does not embody the ideals of a real Thomasian.” According to Uson, “it is a great honor for me that my Alma Mater recognize[d] my efforts for change in our country.” Her idea of change has resulted in the death of many Filipinos. I am sure there are many unsung and worthy alumni of UST whom you can honor and recognize. Mocha Uson is certainly not one of them.

I continue to cherish the values that my teachers and staff at UST have instilled in me. They have prepared me enough to eventually pursue graduate studies as a Leadership Fellow at Harvard University, another university with a similar motto—VERITAS. VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS. Truth conquers all. History will judge us. For now, we have to keep our faith in Truth by rejecting those who obscure and twist it in the name of propaganda. I am demoralized by your recognition of Mocha Uson. As a protest of your decision to support a political propagandist who thrives in attacking the highest ideals of Philippine democracy, I am returning the award given to me. Please give me a mailing address so that I may send this award back to you.
    Vincit Omnia Veritas,

Bino A. Realuyo
    Novelist, Poet, Educator, New York City
    UST alumni press for recall of Uson’s award

A group of Thomasian alumni has insisted that the award conferred to Assistant Secretary Esther Margaux “Mocha” Uson by the University of Santo Tomas Alumni Association Inc. (USTAAI) must be revoked.

The Alliance of Concerned Thomasians Alumni Association (ACT-Now) “strongly” condemned the decision of the USTAAI, asserting that giving recognition to “one of government’s most rabid purveyors of fake news and propaganda” is an “insult” to graduates of the university who did or continue to do “exemplary” service to the public.

ACT-Now, in a statement on Monday, even urged USTAAI to “seriously take a look on its standard of public service ‘exemplifying Thomasian core values’.”

Adrian Romero, spokesperson of ACT-Now, said that Uson “discredited the role of the media, promoted hate against media practitioners, and justified the right to kill.”

Uson is an official at the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) in charge of social media.

“It is utterly disgusting for USTAAI, which represents the UST community, to honor someone who deliberately misinforms the public – a deed in total contrast with the educational institution’s core objective to equip and instill Thomasians with knowledge and values that would allow them to be critical of society,” Romero said in the statement.

“Uson’s award is not just an insult to the Thomasian ideals and core values. It is an affront to UST’s long list of exemplary public servants, both inside and outside of government, who have done outstanding service to the country by offering their lives for the greater good,” he also said.

Romero then encouraged the Thomasian community to take action and actively “denounce the proliferation of fake news” that Uson circulates on social media.

Earlier, the UST Central Student Council described Uson as “an avid spreader and citer of fake news.”

UST alumni outraged over Mocha Uson award
    “It is utterly disgusting for USTAAI, which represents the UST community, to honor someone who deliberately misinforms the public – a deed in total contrast with the educational institution’s core objective to equip and instill Thomasians with knowledge and values that would allow them to be critical of society,” Romero said in the statement.

--

“Uson’s award is not just an insult to the Thomasian ideals and core values. It is an affront to UST’s long list of exemplary public servants, both inside and outside of government, who have done outstanding service to the country by offering their lives for the greater good,” he also said.
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Yes! Susme! Ang dami kaya na 'inspire' sa mga videos nya. Dami kong kakilalang 'Dilawan' ngayon na 'Jakoolan' dati sa kanya at mga videos nya. :rotflmao: