Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Female Celebrities

Korina Sanchez

Actually, I really like Korina Sanchez -- she seems so professional. I read once that she was offered a bribe of P10 million pesos to not air a story about a mayor who was letting toxic waste get dumped on a particular neighborhood, but Korina refused to take the bribe. I think she's a good broadcast journalist who could be trusted and whoever is making up rumors is probably just jealous of her.

Comments

• What do you think of Korina Sanchez? She has been accused by some people as a liar and she is part daw of the people paid by Estrada to campaign for him. So, what do you think of her? Is she living up to her image of being truthful at all times?
  • she has her good side and bad side. pero mas marami yata ang bad. sayang. crying.gif
  • i really have this impression that she's so "mayabang." she often argues though that she just knows what she's worth and it's not wrong to admit that you're intelligent and pretty.

as a broadcaster, she's just okay. what i don't like about her are the shows that she gets into. like balitang k has this tabloid style of reporting and kontrapelo (i haven't seen this one, so this is according to my friends) is a debate (of channel 7) wannabe
  • i dont like her. i dont like the way she reports and sorry but parang wala siyang etiquette sa pag report niya. i caught her once on balitang k: she scratched her ear habang naka close up siya. what a big no no kaya yun.

and nakarinig na ko ng negative things about her.

coming from someone who's basically counted as a future member of the broadcasting field, lets just say that she's not one of my idols or role models..

[This message has been edited by imogen (edited 07-12-2000).]
  • I don't like her I also have the impression that she is "mayabang". Before she used to
    hate the PNP because of the graft and corruption in the organization. I remember Korina was suspended by the ABS-CBN management because then PNP Director Gen. Ricaredo Sarmiento got irked with her attitude towards the PNP. Now I see a different Korina Sanchez in the Erap administration. She seems to favor the administration too much. Is she interested to run in public office? I read in the Inquirer that Korina both a Benz worth 3 million pesos that she wasn't able to pay.
  • I like her. My basic theory is, if every journalist in the Philippines is crooked, they'll all end up exposing each other. Let Miss Sanchez do what she's doing, exposing the crooked elements. If Miss Sanchez is crooked, these crooked elements will also do their darndest to expose her too. But there have been few concrete allegations against her in the first place, which I think goes to show she's not half as crooked as some other people.

I like journalists (even pseudo-journalists, or the people who like to think they are) who aren't afraid of saying what they want to say, for whatever reasons. I respect that, despite some stupidity or false emotion on their part, because it keeps the information flowing and jumpstarts the law process.
  • My basic theory is, if every journalist in the Philippines is crooked, they'll all end up exposing each other.

Mister Dean -->;true dat! true dat!

journalists have to be honest and true to what they stand for, dba?

i guess Korina is just strong-willed. She gets what she wants in a different way and gets away with it so easily kaya maraming nagtataka. But she is really good, come to think of it...
  • It has not yet been established that Korina is a liar. To those people who say that she's a liar, I challange you to sue her for propagating lies. It's really easy to call a person a liar if you're hiding under a cyber identity.

Here's a fact: Korina has been in the broadcasting business -- both radio and television -- for quite some time. She would not be in that position if the masses do not like her. So I guess there's something good about her. And that's a fact.
  • Originally posted by blinkscreen:

Here's a fact: Korina has been in the broadcasting business -- both radio and television -- for quite some time. She would not be in that position if the masses do not like her. So I guess there's something good about her. And that's a fact.

Blinkscreen, may I remind you of your Ph 101, wherein you got a B+. I would like to say that if you are popular that doesn't mean that you are good and you are telling the truth. The masses like her because her style is so barok and jologs. Tabloidish. Cheap, tasteless gimik.
  • Speaking of Philo, remember that we should not judge a person based on impressions alone.
  • I can say that Ms. Sanchez is one of the most known and established newscasters and commentators in the country today. But popularity is not basis of the person's effectivity.
    Before, people like the hard-hitting system of broadcasting(that was the time of Marcos). But presently nagsawa na rin ang mga tao sa puro pag-atake at pagsilip sa butas sa gobyerno w/c i think is still in the style of Ms. Sanchez. I remember once when she interviewed a government official meaning a person elected by the Filipino people. During the interview she challenged that person to do something about a certain problem and kept on asking so many questions that made the man at lost. This of course is an obvious tactic to put the man in shame and at the end of the interview, she told to that public official, " Aba eh kung hindi ninyo maaaksyonan ang mga problema at hindi ninyo magagampanan ang inyong tungkulin ay mabuti pang magresign na kayo". Surely, if the people will know the Code of Ethics in the field of Broadcasting... They will not go with Ms. Sanchez's style coz as we say Media means you are at the center or in between (median) ok lang na sabihin mo ang pagkukulang ng isang tao, but kailangang makita mo rin ang kaniyang mabubuting nagawa. What's happening here is sensatinalism of issues na kinakagat naman ng mga tao...
    Whew!
  • ....galing ako sa mahirap na pamilya! i can't imagine na she's airing such a program sensationalizing everything that is mostly from the poor! anyway isa lang naman ang karaniwang gusto ng mga korina, noli de castro, ted failon, dong puno atbp! fame (mass appeal), ratings and money!!!

why she can't be like jessica soho, luchi cruz valdez or a che-che lazaro??? investigative journalism and not sensationalism and exploitations...syanga pala tag abs-cbn nga pala si korina! hindi pala sya taga ibang istasyon!

kapayapaan!
  • I don't really hate her nor like her. Pero I remember my theo teacher hated her so much. It was about the issue of students getting Hepa from the water supply of UST. Masyado niya raw sinensationalize yung story at lumabas na masama tuloy yung school namin.
  • she should be more responsible. same advice to ted failon. wonder why they are so popular.:/
  • Ilang kilong foundation ba ang nilalagay niya sa kanyang mukha? Just wondering ...
  • korina and ted... kaya lang nila banatan iyong alam nilang walang "laban" sa kanila... pero pag kausap na nila iyong talagang nasa poder, para silang maamong aso. pag lackeys ng certain government agency or another, lakas ng loob nilang pahiyain iyong tao. pero narinig niyo na ba siyang magsalita kina erap, jerry barican, orly mercado, etc.. ng "aba kung di niyo kaya lutasin iyong mindanao problem, and dami-dami niyo DI MAGRESIGN NA KAYO"... she never dares, pag alam niyang mas "powerful" sa kanya.

dagdag mo pa, she also never misses an opportunity to say that she's so pretty, so galing, so sexy... lalong lalo na noon nung magkasama pa sila ni ted failon on radio dun sa morning show nila. the few times na nalagay ko iyong station doon, palagi na lang pagtataas ng sarili nilang bangko ang naririnig ko...i wonder who they're trying to convince na ang galing galing, at napaka fearless nila... kung ako kina korina and ted: let your work and your life speak for you.

tamo sina jessica soho and luchi cruz, even si cheche lazaro: simple and dating pero ang galing, talagang professional at di matatawaran ang trabaho.
  • celeb,

tama ka dyan, dehins syang bumangga ng malalaking isda at mga nasa kasalaukuyang poder! tama ka ulit sa pagiging vanidosa nya! lolz

......korina! kakainis ka na para kang si erap! kunyari maka-masa! hayyyyyyyyyyy!
  • There are also instances na binabanga nila Korina at Ted yung big time personalities.
    Pero bihirang bihira. Tam din yung observation niyo jethro and celeb pag alam nilang di nila kaya di nanila binabanga.
  • Y U K !!!!!
    Pleaseeeeeeeeee release me ! YUK ! boom.gif
  • Originally posted by BADBOY:
    I don't like her I also have the impression that she is "mayabang". Before she used to
    hate the PNP because of the graft and corruption in the organization. I remember Korina was suspended by the ABS-CBN management because then PNP Director Gen. Ricaredo Sarmiento got irked with her attitude towards the PNP. Now I see a different Korina Sanchez in the Erap administration. She seems to favor the administration too much. Is she interested to run in public office? I read in the Inquirer that Korina both a Benz worth 3 million pesos that she wasn't able to pay.

Maybe Korina was threatened or worse... We're talking about the Philippine government. Anything goes with the PI government.... I just thank the LORD that me and my family won't be intimidated by them.

As far as the Inquirer goes, that's just hearsay.....