EERIE (Bea Alonzo, Charo Santos-Concio)

audreyjaneaudreyjane ♡ PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

• marygugumarygugu Member PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Charo, Bea to star in new horror film ‘Eerie’!

Two certified queens in one suspense-filled movie!

by Danielle Aquino 1 hour ago in News

eerie.jpg?ext=.jpg

Acclaimed actresses Charo Santos and Bea Alonzo will star in a new horror film entitled “Eerie.” A story conference was held today, December 11, with the two stars as well as their director Mikhail Red, known for the critically acclaimed film “Birdshot.”

Direk Mikhail shared that the film is a horror and murder mystery that centers on a student found murdered in an old exclusive Catholic school for girls in the late 1990s.

“Bea and Ma’am Charo are in the middle of this whole mystery and investigation,” he said.

“I will be the mother superiora,” Charo added, introducing her character. When asked for more details, the ABS-CBN Chief Content Officer didn't want to spoil anything so she related, “Let’s just say I have a very traditional mindset. I’m a mother superior who believes in the doctrines of the church and I represent the institution.”

Bea’s character, on the other hand, is the guidance counselor.

“Psychologist ako dito so ako ‘yung nagre-represent ng science," she added. "So dun magkakaroon ng conflict.”

Direk Mikhail explained that they had been pitching the film internationally for quite a while.

“‘Yung objective was to make a horror film na may market globally, but something that - it’s genre, but it also has substance,” he said.

Charo and Bea are both very excited to start working on the film as this will the former’s second foray into horror and the latter’s first.

“It’s a totally new experience for me. Actually, it scares me,” Bea admitted. “But maganda siguro na gumagawa ng bagay that scares you. Baka may matutunan.”

“Alam mo, sa totoo lang, matatakutin talaga ako,” she added. “I’m telling you honestly kaya sobrang scared ako sa project na ‘to, but of course, I’m willing to take the challenge. Sabi ni Ma’am Charo: a film is a film, a story is a story. It doesn’t really follow kung ano’ng genre as long as na-draw ka sa isang istorya and I am very curious to discover kung paano mag-a-unfold ‘yung kuwento.”

University President Charo clarified that she didn’t accept the project because it was a horror, noting that her first film “Itim,” directed by Mike de Leon, is also of the said genre.

“It’s not really about the genre - it’s the story and the character. I was drawn to the story and the character so nagkataon lang na horror genre. Horror naman is an exciting genre,” she said.

Bea also admitted to feeling some pressure as this will be the first time she will work with Charo.

“Well, siyempre ‘di ba, dahil pinapanood ko ‘yung mga pelikula ni Ms. Charo, sobrang mataas ‘yung tingin ko [sa kanya],” she said. “Feeling ko natural lang na gusto mo siyang i-impress, pero parang kailangan ko yatang labanan ‘yung mga ganung moments because of course, as actors, dapat mag-focus kami on characterization more than anything.”

Charo was quick to reassure the actress that she has nothing to be worried about.

“I’m just as scared,” she admitted. “Bea is such a competent actress and there’s nothing to be scared of. Pareho lang nerbiyos natin.”

When asked when the film will be released, Direk Mikhail explained, “We have to premiere in Korea because it won a prize already in Bucheon (International Fantastic Film Festival), which is a genre film festival in Korea, so a lot of people are already waiting for this project.”

“We’re shooting around March and hopefully we’ll be done for the July international premiere and then locally release after that,” he added.

“Eerie” is a production of Pelikula Red and Media East, to be distributed by Star Cinema.

Bea is also currently working on the film “Kasal” with Derek Ramsay and Paulo Avelino.
    Kapamilya hunk-actor joins 'Eerie' cast

Bea and Charo have a new co-star! Guess who?

by Danielle Aquino 3/7/2018 in News

beacscjake.jpg?ext=.jpg

Kapamilya actor Jake Cuenca is officially part of Mikhail’s Red upcoming horror and suspense film “Eerie”!

Joining actresses Bea Alonzo and Charo Santos, he announced this news through a post on his Instagram page (@juancarloscuenca) last March 6.

At the workshop,” he wrote in his caption. “Excited to be working with Bea Alonzo (@beaalonzo) on our new film [#]eerie[/#] directed by Mikhail Red (@red_mikhail)

“Eerie” centers around the murder of a student in an old exclusive Catholic school for girls in the late 1990s. The project was announced last December and is set to be released later this year.
    29243800_586421208363844_1426146390307766272_n.jpg?oh=dcc81300d16c7a0add866b742e1e3608&oe=5B34EB41

red_mikhail: And here we go!!! [#]EERIE[/#] Day 1 [#]horrorfilm[/#] [#]filmmaking[/#] [#]starcinema[/#] [#]mediaeast[/#] [#]pelikulared[/#] [#]bts[/#] [#]prodlife[/#]
    29177518_586432525029379_3922990447760244736_n.jpg?oh=a0b95535c6e340b8607c7d11fc147c56&oe=5B47642C

red_mikhail: [#]EERIE[/#] [#]ComingSoon[/#]

[#]BeaAlonzo[/#]
    [#]CharoSantos[/#]
    29258284_587062384966393_6790896143166341120_n.jpg?oh=c9dec3ce1274a888526dfaeaa0de7915&oe=5B315FF6

BEA ALONZO'S IGS!!!
    "EERIE" DAY 1
    First Day as “PAT”
    [#]BeaAlonzo[/#]
    [#]EERIE[/#]
    [#]HorrorFilm[/#]
    29214951_587526638253301_4608691408314826752_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGDPIvBpOgX1EcYT4a6RGzgiWQW2vqoGH8OMzt6A74tySqLFC2ySebg3N9hjXhoWqcO59NAwNwoJqMlCLmQec3XbBfBrvsItxeTvL3NRXIlzg&oh=e524c5896ae904986035fcc18005b78a&oe=5B45170B

Bea Alonzo 's IGS❤👑🐝
    [#]Eerie[/#]
    29356961_588165301522768_6450386398590533632_n.jpg?oh=1001bb668115ea6cfa9246129fdc3162&oe=5B2B3381

Bea Alonzo's IGS👑🐝❤
    [#]EERIE[/#]
    [#]STILLROLLING[/#]
    [#]HORRORMOVIE[/#]
    [#]PATRICIACONSOLACION[/#]
    [#]BEAALONZO[/#]
    29342853_588872954785336_4997271865681510400_n.jpg?oh=c03bdeab97e781a4f758df645045d4e6&oe=5B33CA7C
    29468959_1677061195688403_5916693019479381299_n.jpg?oh=a9cd5160e74300f6d56727e8154d6946&oe=5B3974B3
    29386779_1677062392354950_6422990673698736877_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8270573ddebe6ea057ae3248b4b00d93&oe=5B38DE62
    Maxene Magalona
    @maxenemagalona
    3h3 hours ago

Sister Mia 🖤 [#]Eerie[/#] starring Ms. Bea Alonzo and Ma’am Charo Santos-Concio 😱😍🙏🏼🎉💕 Directed by… https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkrU1Alx7o/
  • kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    GUIDE

PEP SCOOP: Here are the scripts submitted for consideration to MMFF 2018

by Faye Guerrero posted on June 30, 2018

1.5k Shares

A total of 23 scripts were received by the Executive Committee for consideration to the 2018 Metro Manila Film Festival.

Four scripts were chosen as official entries to MMFF 2018, namely Aurora; Fantastica: The Princess, The Prince, and the Perya; Girl In The Orange Dress; and Popo En Jack, The Puliscredibles.

The upcoming horror film of Charo Santos Concio and Bea Alonzo title Eerie was unable to make the cut.

Bong Revilla's Imus Productions fielded an entry in the hopes of reviving his superhero character through the movie Agimat, My Super Kap.

Another supernatural themed script was Mang Kepweng Returns Again. The first movie was top-billed by Vhong Navarro.

In a previous interview, director Paul Soriano of Ten 17P Films said his submission to MMFF 2018 would be a movie starring his wife Toni Gonzaga and Alex Gonzaga. 

Based on information provided by a source of PEP.h (Philippine Entertainment Portal), here are the 23 scripts submitted to MMFF 2018:

Regal - Barang (horror)

Reality Entertainment - Fake Korean / Ultimate Oppa (rom-com)

Cobalt Productions - Hawa (horror)

Cape Signal Rock - The Stranger (action)

The Idea First Company - Hating Gabi (horror)

CCM prod, MZET prod, APT Entertainment - Popo En Jack, the Pullscredibles (action-comedy)

Imus Productions - Agimat, My Super Kap (action adventure)

Great Czar Media Productions - The Covenant: a Monad Shoal Legend (action fantasy)

Cineko - Mang Kepweng Returns Again (comedy)

Octoarts - Pagkagat ng Dilim (horror)

ABS-CBN Productions / Viva - FANTastica: The Princesses, The Prince and the Perya (fantasy - comedy)

Star Cinema ABS-CBN Productions - EERIE (horror mystery)

Star Cinema ABS-CBN Productions - The Affair (drama)

Provill Studios: General Admission (Dark comedy)

Likhang Silangan Entertainment:  Rainbow’s Sunset (family drama)

Quantum Films: Girl in the Orange Dress (romcom)

Quantum Films/MJM: Always (light drama)

Viva: Aurora (drama,horror, suspense)

APT Entertainment: Balon ( horror drama)

Gallaga & Reyes Films / Brightlight Prod: Magicland (fantasy adventure)

Obtacinema & Cineko: Gulong ng Palad (drama)

T Rex Entertainment: Class of 2018 (horror thriller)

Ten 17P Films: Mary, Marry Me (romcom)

Read more at https://www.pep.ph/guide/movies/28122/pep-scoop-here-are-the-scripts-submitted-for-consideration-to-mmff-2018#qBH4sRPrTB0iaIHT.99
    Eerie

As we get closer to the wedding day, Lia becomes unsure if she is choosing the right man to marry, torn between the man from her past and the man she's building a future with.

The unexpected and gruesome death of a student threatens the existence of an old Catholic school for girls. Pat Consolacion (Bea Alonzo), the school guidance counselor, involves herself with the students in the hopes of helping them cope, and at the same time uncover the mysteries of the student’s death. Most students suspect of the strict and borderline abusive Mother Alice (Charo Santos-Concio), who also threatened Pat’s tenure in the school because of her continuous meddling with the case. But Pat’s unusual talents lead her to knowing Eri, a former student who's been watching the whole school for years. Piece by piece, Pat uncovers the secret of the school and the monster that it nurtured for the past century.

COMING SOON

Image result for eerie bea alonzo
    • Body is 12 characters too short.

Eerie soon.......

Bea Alonzo for EERIE BTS

• adelaidaadelaida Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kailan ito ipapalabas
  • kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Maxene Magalona, 'kinilabutan' sa galing nina Charo Santos at Bea Alonzo!
    Maxene, na-enjoy ang "Eerie" kahit hindi siya horror fan!
    by Chandral Selim 9 hours ago in News
    Save
    Maxene Magalona kinilabutan sa galing nina Charo Santos at Bea Alonzo

Maxene Magalona has ticked one major item off her bucket list: working with legendary actresses Charo Santos and Bea Alonzo.

In an interview on "Tonight with Boy Abunda" yesterday, September 19, the actress sang praises for her co-stars in the upcoming Mikhail Red-directed horror movie "Eerie," where all three of them portray nuns.

(Read related article here: Maxene Magalona, Jake Cuenca join the cast of 'Eerie')

Maxene enthused, "Working with them on set is just so surreal. After a few minutes lang of being with them, nawala po 'yung kaba kasi sobrang simple nila, sobrang down-to-earth. Totoong tao sila."

She continued, "Si Ma'am Charo, I got to speak with her for a good 45 minutes and ang dami niyang na-share sa aking life lessons na buong buhay ko dadalhin with me."

Si Bea, napakahusay," she added. "We did a scene together na talagang kinilabutan po talaga ako. I'm just so grateful to get to work with these actors kasi more than anything, gusto ko lang matuto and mag-grow lang as an actor."

However, working on "Eerie" was not all roses and sunshine. According to Maxene, the film is one of her most challenging projects yet, especially since she's not the biggest horror fan. She explained, "I've never played the role of a nun before. Nakakatuwa na nagampanan ko 'yun. Ako, honestly, hindi ako nanonood ng horror so ito po medyo challenging siya pero excited akong makita."

Watch her interview here:

Eerie," which also stars Jake Cuenca, will hit cinemas very soon.

Maxene is part of the new romantic comedy series "Playhouse" led by Zanjoe Marudo and Angelica Panganiban. She previously appeared in the movie "Love Me Tomorrow" as Dawn Zulueta's daughter.

• aki_diwataaki_diwata Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Shaping the Scare in Filipino Horror Cinema - How can we contextualise the resurgence of horror movies with the state of Filipino filmmaking today? As Halloween stealthily approaches, Sai Villafuerte speaks with award-winning film director Mikhail Red on what it takes to tackle one of cinema’s most challenging genres.
    Eerie is premiering internationally at the Singapore International Film Festival in December 2018. A nationwide release is set for early 2019.

• aki_diwataaki_diwata Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file