Fiba 2023 world cup host Philippines, japan & Indonesia

angel_thegame11angel_thegame11 Alaska, Mclaren, Clippers PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Congrats phils. host na rin tayo ng fiba 2023 world cup last natin host nun 1978 pa

SA WAKAS! | Philippines to host 2023 FIBA World Cup
By
News5-InterAksyon
December 9, 2017, 8:33 PM

asketball-crazy Filipinos will finally witness the sports’ biggest tournament on their home soil as the Philippines, together with Japan and Indonesia, bagged the right to host the 2023 FIBA World Cup.

The three-country bid beat out the Argentina-Uruguay bid after the host candidates made their final pitch before the FIBA Central Board in Switzerland on Saturday.

It will mark the first time that the FIBA World Cup will be played in multiple countries.

Carrying the theme [#]PlayLouderIn2023[/#], the Philippines-Japan-Indonesia pitch centered on bringing the tournament to “the fastest growing region in the world, where our combined population of 500 million are ready to embrace the sport of basketball.”

The Philippines’ successful bid came two years after its [#]PUSO2019[/#] campaign for the 2019 FIBA World Cup fell short against China.

The 2023 World Cup is slated for Manila, Okinawa and Jakarta, with the group stages to be played in five venues. The Philippine Arena, which has a seating capacity of 55,000, is the proposed venue of the finals.

The last time the event was held in the Philippines was in 1978. It was also played in Japan in 2006, while Indonesia will host it for the first time.

Comments

• jbpink87jbpink87 Mailap ang Kinse PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Congrats Pilipinas.. Congrats SBP, MVP.. now, let's fix the PBA by firing narvasa...
  • aseroasero Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    so automatically qualified na ang tatlong countries?
  • impennimpenn Member PExer
    asero wrote: »

Hindi Pinas lang. Dahil tayo ang main host during the knockout stages sa ating bansa na lang gaganapin.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    asero wrote: »

Apparently, not yet.

From Quinito Henson's column, he stated that only the highest-rated country among the three would earn the top seat. That's obviously us. JPN and INO will have to earn a slot in the qualifiers because automatic slots for them would reduce berths for other Asian teams. Imagine how CHN, SK, LIB, JOR, etc. would feel if Indonesia, a lowly team in Asia, would earn an automatic slot and take that away from the top teams?
  • warpalakolwarpalakol Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Apparently, not yet.

From Quinito Henson's column, he stated that only the highest-rated country among the three would earn the top seat. That's obviously us. JPN and INO will have to earn a slot in the qualifiers because automatic slots for them would reduce berths for other Asian teams. Imagine how CHN, SK, LIB, JOR, etc. would feel if Indonesia, a lowly team in Asia, would earn an automatic slot and take that away from the top teams?

I disagree. Yes japan and indonesia are not as good as lebanon or china or south korea but they are also hosting the world cup. Priviledge ng host ang automatic ticket sa world cup and unfair naman sa japan and indonesia since gagastos din sila.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    warpalakol wrote: »
    I disagree. Yes japan and indonesia are not as good as lebanon or china or south korea but they are also hosting the world cup. Priviledge ng host ang automatic ticket sa world cup and unfair naman sa japan and indonesia since gagastos din sila.

Yeah, my bad. I re-read Quinito's article and he stated it well, saying that Indonesia and Japan get outright berths.

My bad!
  • tsk_tsktsk_tsk Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yeah, my bad. I re-read Quinito's article and he stated it well, saying that Indonesia and Japan get outright berths.

My bad!

So meaning no bearing na yung mga games natin sa qualifiers? since may automatic slot na pala tayo? or yun ang magiging basehan kung ano ang makaka bracket natin?
  • grandslam1996grandslam1996 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I think we are playing for the 2019 qualifiers and not for the 2023 event which we are already hosting.
  • tsk_tsktsk_tsk Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think we are playing for the 2019 qualifiers and not for the 2023 event which we are already hosting.

ah oo nga pala. yung 2023 na kagad ang nasa isip ko hahaha
  • cb36cb36 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ok so automatic qualified yung 3 countries as host sa FIBA World Cup 2023 pero tayo pa rin ang main host dito dahil among the 32 countries that will participate in the event, 16 countries will battle it out in the Phiippines and 8 each for Japan and Indonesia during the eliminations and the QF's,SEmis and Finals will also be held in the Philippines.
    The finals will be held in the Philippine Arena.

So sino sino naman kaya ang mapapasama sa line up ng Philippine team.Malamang ang matanggal sa Gilas yung mga tanders na like Norwood and maybe Jason Castro pero sana umabot pa si Castro dito.
    This time also sana makasama na si Jordan Clarkson and we still has 6 years to make it happen and hopefully meron na rin tayong bagong naturalized player.
  • drei221drei221 Headbang PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    May nabasa ako sa tweeter baka pwede daw I-time capsule si Jayson Castro for 5.5 years. lol.

Sa panahong yan, Kiefer, RayRay, Troy and Romeo would be really ripe na. Japeth may not be serviceable anymore. JMF and C-Stan would be 34/35 yo na. The likes of Kai Sotto, Hepa et al would be in their early 20's. Tapos the current college standouts like Desiderio, Isaac Go, Ricci Rivero eh nasa PBA na. Hopefully Clarkson will be allowed to play na din (he is doing a good job off the bench with LAL btw). So kung magtutuloy-tuloy lang ang program plus a reliable naturalized eh competitive pa din naman tayo.

Exciting times. Congrats SBP and to all involve.
  • creeper101creeper101 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    To early to predict. Let us focus first on the 2019 World Cup Qualifiers. Minsan may darating pang unexpected na mas magaling or matangkad. Maybe Much better to include one younger guy to the current lineup, Either Sotto or Edu should be included on the next final 12 for the 2019 Qualifiers against Australia. Kung hindi pede si Greg, Get Sotto or Edu for a much needed experience and confidence. We need the young guns to be prepared for the future as well.
  • angel_thegame11angel_thegame11 Alaska, Mclaren, Clippers PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tatang na pala si lebron sa 2023 37 yrs old na siya, sana pwede si clarkson hinog na siya sa 2023 wag lang mainjury prone
  • creeper101creeper101 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tatang na pala si lebron sa 2023 37 yrs old na siya, sana pwede si clarkson hinog na siya sa 2023 wag lang mainjury prone

People were asking why Jordan Clarkson can't play for Gilas. The answer is he should be naturalized and can't play as a local. He didn't met the FIBA requirements for PH passport age thing. Here is the link:

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/03/01/18/jordan-clarkson-on-gilas-pilipinas-dream-everything-just-kind-of-didnt-work-out

Plus The NBA schedule and no assurance that the CAVS will allow him to play for PH.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file