COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

UAAP Season 81 Predictions

pepsipunkpepsipunk Ghost stories. 👁 PBB Loyalist
Now Season 80 is over, let's get hyped for Season 81.

It is shaping to be a more competitive, more intense season.

Ateneo still has an intact core despite Ikeh, Tolentino and Porter being gone.
La Salle will still have Mbala, and the core of this Season 80 team.
Adamson will still be intact.
UP will be promising provided they stay healthy and calm.
FEU showed a glimpse of their future during that Final Four matchup against Ateneo.
UE has a great cornerstone guy in Pasaol.
UST has a promising team given the right coach and system.
NU is still solid.

Who will be the new recruits, and the holdovers?

[#]UAAPSeason81[/#]

Comments

• ArcherFanArcherFan Member PExer
    If, and that's a big IF, Mbala comes back next season, it might be another ADMU-DLSU finals. If not, I guess it's ADMU vs. either AdU / UP / DLSU. Those are my final 4 predictions. Then again, all other teams will get stronger. NU, FEU, UE (with a new coach) and UST (if Ayo eventually makes the move). I see UST making the final 4 at the most if Ayo takes the head coaching job there. A few more years maybe before championship contention.

Mukhang Ateneo is in for another dynasty. Talagang de calibre mga foreign coaches na kinukuha nila e. On paper, the only team that can stop them in my opinion is a DLSU-led Mbala. Without Mbala, ADMU will easily cruise to another championship or even another 3-peat at the most (After the next 2 seasons pa mawawala sina Ravena at Nieto twins).
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ArcherFan wrote: »
    If, and that's a big IF, Mbala comes back next season, it might be another ADMU-DLSU finals. If not, I guess it's ADMU vs. either AdU / UP / DLSU. Those are my final 4 predictions. Then again, all other teams will get stronger. NU, FEU, UE (with a new coach) and UST (if Ayo eventually makes the move). I see UST making the final 4 at the most if Ayo takes the head coaching job there. A few more years maybe before championship contention.

Mukhang Ateneo is in for another dynasty. Talagang de calibre mga foreign coaches na kinukuha nila e. On paper, the only team that can stop them in my opinion is a DLSU-led Mbala. Without Mbala, ADMU will easily cruise to another championship or even another 3-peat at the most (After the next 2 seasons pa mawawala sina Ravena at Nieto twins).

Final4 agad, right after a season that they practically finished with 0 wins? with what materials? their coaching situation is in disarray, no blue chip recruit will risk their careers playing for UST (in the future sure, but next season? meh) .. and relying their chances on the return of Bonleon and Subido? also Ayo is not really the smartest tactician, nor the best recruiter out there.. he won a championship on his first year yes, but that was a LOADED lineup that practically fell on his lap. this season, he lost to a less talented team (on paper) since he was simply outcoached. If he had a team that didnt have blue chippers like Montalbo, Melecio, Rivero brothers AND NBA quality player - Mbala.. san pa kaya pupulutin si Ayo? there are other coaches being considered for the UST position, dun na lang muna sila magfocus if they're serious in rebuilding.
  • ArcherFanArcherFan Member PExer
    That's why I said I see UST making it to the final 4 "at the most". And please take note, these are predictions. I may be wrong. No one knows for sure. It's an opinion. To each his own.
  • rrgomezrrgomez Member ✭✭✭
    RuckuS wrote: »
    Final4 agad, right after a season that they practically finished with 0 wins? with what materials? their coaching situation is in disarray, no blue chip recruit will risk their careers playing for UST (in the future sure, but next season? meh) .. and relying their chances on the return of Bonleon and Subido? also Ayo is not really the smartest tactician, nor the best recruiter out there.. he won a championship on his first year yes, but that was a LOADED lineup that practically fell on his lap. this season, he lost to a less talented team (on paper) since he was simply outcoached. If he had a team that didnt have blue chippers like Montalbo, Melecio, Rivero brothers AND NBA quality player - Mbala.. san pa kaya pupulutin si Ayo? there are other coaches being considered for the UST position, dun na lang muna sila magfocus if they're serious in rebuilding.

It's really nice and funny that UP isn't the one being shut out in the comment.

I hope they sell season tickets (all the way to the finals) because if UP gets in the final four next year, it's a scalpers delight bigger than this year's CDC
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Si BK nga ang prediction nya sa UP for this season from last year ay championship run :lol: ayun nung bumalik magpost nagsimulang magtatalo ang Maroons which eventually cost them that elusive Final Four slot
  • BLACKSEDANBLACKSEDAN Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Naniwala naman kayo kay BK, May balat siya where the sun doesn’t shine. Bwahahah. Lahaina ng sinapian niya, nagtatalo kaya persona non grata siya sa CHK.
    BLACKSEDAN wrote: »
    Naniwala naman kayo kay BK, May balat siya where the sun doesn’t shine. Bwahahah. Lahaina ng sinapian niya, nagtatalo kaya persona non grata siya sa CHK.

Nakalimutan ko na kung sino nagsasabi pero di ba nga ang catchphrase dito dati...

“Ben, walang naniniwala sayo” :lol:
    ^. Hah hah hah, I think I know him. He is no longer active, lurker na lang. very unbecoming dahil nagpapayaman siya. Bro, matagal pa bago magretire si Consing.
    rrgomez wrote: »
    It's really nice and funny that UP isn't the one being shut out in the comment.

I hope they sell season tickets (all the way to the finals) because if UP gets in the final four next year, it's a scalpers delight bigger than this year's CDC

and why will UP be "shut out in the comment" ..? they almost got into the Final4 this year, they'll be coming back next season with the same core made even stronger with the addition of Bright Akhuetie who not only brings some additional firepower BUT a ton of Defense and inside prescence with him. He's not an Mbala, but he will definitely give opposing teams something to think about when designing their inside plays.

of the Final4 cast this year, only FEU looks vulnerable and might take a few slips right out of the semis, and thats where UP can make its move. as for Ateneo, Lasalle and Adamson, they will for sure still land in the top3 making only the last slot available for grabs.

I dunno if UP getting into the Final4 will be a "scalpers delight" but any additional ticket sales is always good for the UAAP. and maybe its about time UP becomes a contender in men's basketball.. its been 20 years since they last reached the Final4 .. panahon pa nila Paolo Mendoza, Gahol(RIP) at Gumatay yun..
  • Blue RulesBlue Rules Member ✭✭✭✭
    F4 era S56-80
    No of titles
    Admu7
    Dlsu 7
    Feu 5
    Ust 5
    Nu 1
    Adu 0
    Ue 0
    Up 0

again in perspective.
    up and ue and adu are in dire need
    up has the inside track...bright future
    adu is next
    ue, with the departure of Manong, will start dressing sloppily lol (wala na silang fashion icon)
  • Travelmate4everTravelmate4ever Banned by Admin PExer
    RuckuS wrote: »
    and why will UP be "shut out in the comment" ..? they almost got into the Final4 this year, they'll be coming back next season with the same core made even stronger with the addition of Bright Akhuetie who not only brings some additional firepower BUT a ton of Defense and inside prescence with him. He's not an Mbala, but he will definitely give opposing teams something to think about when designing their inside plays.

of the Final4 cast this year, only FEU looks vulnerable and might take a few slips right out of the semis, and thats where UP can make its move. as for Ateneo, Lasalle and Adamson, they will for sure still land in the top3 making only the last slot available for grabs.

I dunno if UP getting into the Final4 will be a "scalpers delight" but any additional ticket sales is always good for the UAAP. and maybe its about time UP becomes a contender in men's basketball.. its been 20 years since they last reached the Final4 .. panahon pa nila Paolo Mendoza, Gahol(RIP) at Gumatay yun..

walang killer instinct ang UP so sure out na naman sila next season, sa isnag player lang sila umaasa

maglalaro pa rin si Mbala pero delikado ang head coach kasi baka lumipat sa UST dahil sa big offer

kung hindi mababago ang depensa ng dlsu, ganon pa rin sila

adu, malaki ang chance mag finals pati ang feu, kung indi mga chokers, bwahahahahahaha

basta this season, present si carmi martin sa dlsu, bwahahahahahahaha
  • Travelmate4everTravelmate4ever Banned by Admin PExer
    UAAP Men's Basketball Champions List:

[#]FEU[/#] 20
    [#]UST[/#] 19
    [#]UE[/#] 18
    [#]DLSU[/#] 9
    [#]Ateneo[/#] 9
    [#]UP[/#] 2
    [#]NU[/#] 2
    [#]AdU[/#] 1
    walang killer instinct ang UP so sure out na naman sila next season, sa isnag player lang sila umaasa

maglalaro pa rin si Mbala pero delikado ang head coach kasi baka lumipat sa UST dahil sa big offer

Delikado ang UP, look at the coaching history of Bo with ADMU. Next season, panay iso para kay Brights. Bwahahah.

What big offer? Let me finesse without going through the bloody details. Ayo became collateral damage because there are to many cooks stirring the pot in DLSU. Just look who sits on the bench and where the assistant coaches sit. Face saving time. It does not matter who coaches DLSU next year, malakas pa rin with the additional arrivals of the Fil-somethings. Will there be impatient players?
  • greenergreener Member ✭✭✭✭
    for ateneo:
    Final 4, baka sakali
    Finals, i don't think so
    Balita ko ang replacement ni ikeh will be able to play in season 82 pa
  • inghinyeroinghinyero Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping UP will have better chances next year. But damn, they need to recruit blue chip players, specifically bigs.
  • princepaul21princepaul21 Moderator PEx Moderator
    inghinyero wrote: »
    I'm hoping UP will have better chances next year. But damn, they need to recruit blue chip players, specifically bigs.

Wala ng bigs, nasa DLSU or ADMU parati or even NU. Hahahaha!

Kulang nga kami sa bigs e, I can’t say the same for the other school :lol:
  • princepaul21princepaul21 Moderator PEx Moderator
    Kulang nga kami sa bigs e, I can’t say the same for the other school :lol:

Kami lalo. Si Orizu na talaga. :lol:

After him, Escoto, Ebona, Tolentino. :mecry:

Ateneo only has four "bigmen" and of the four only Ikeh and Isaac Go can be considered "big" since Verano and Porter are undersized powerforwards at 6'3-6'4 only. the rest of the lineup are guards (though tall-ish guards) plus one all around guy who plays multiple positions in Thirdy Ravena.

though hopefully this problem will be addressed soon since there are quite a bit of tall players coming in from Ateneo HS (homegrown) like Salazar, Berjay, Credo.. then Kai Sotto and Geo Chiu. There's also Fil-Greek transfer William Navarro chilling in Team B.
This discussion has been closed.