Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Jose Rizals life or Alexander the Great's life

jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Para sa inyo,is Jose Rizal's life more admirable and interesting than Alexander the Great's life?

The pen or the sword?

Comments

• ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Rizal's life was nothing really. Little significance in our history, not even exemplary in academics and literature. Alexander, on the other hand, was a certified military genius.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The problem with Rizal I think is that he's always portrayed as a saint. As early as a year after expulsion of Spanish, there already was hero worship of him. There's even a picture of Katipunero veterans taking a picture while posing with his picture. All depictions of him therefore is this kinda shallow one sided martyr patriot :glee:

Yung biopics of him is over dramatic like he spoke poems every day he was alive.

I think it would greatly be better to show him more as regular dude, extremely well driven, had his whole life ahead of him, with the same fears and regrets and faults, anguish, and errors.

I avoided all the hero worship of Rizal in all my research and it made me more appreciative when I do accidentally find his imprint on real scholarly works.

Like for example the version of Morga's accounts that's used nowadays by pretty much all historian is his version (that also has his annotation). Or finding out that he toured around Europe showing the tribal textiles of the Philippines (many of the samples he brought is still in German museums). Or he to learn that he was (although of course by now many of these 'scholars' by today's standards their work aren't as 'scientific' as we may consider today) coordinating with pretty much a wide variety of scholars all over the world (Virchow, Jagor, Blumentritt, Meyer). In their writings he was noted to be giving lectures on the history and culture of an unknown part of the world (his country)...he really was the ambassador of his culture/ethnic identity/country.

Whether it was Filipino poetry traditions, textiles, folklore, culture in general, history, Filipino flora and fauna, linguistics ...(of course not always perfect for example he was the one who started the BS Urduja myth :glee:)

When you look at it just at his actual works rather than the BS accolades that's standard given by the Filipino state to drum up the nationalism religion, and actually see that this dude went around the world promoting his country and culture to anyone and everyone that would listen = really see why tons of people around the world were upset when he was executed.

If anything Rizal was the probably the best ever Filipino ambassador and he did it for free + without his country even existing officially (most of his life abroad he was considered the "Spanish doctor").

If you study the academic life in the same era 19th c. 'scientists', you'd see tons of similar multi-disciplined academicians (mostly or if not almost all white). Rizal is one of the few very Asians or Latinos, in that caliber.

:glee:

[#]IndioBravo[/#]
  • ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sobresaliente in math, latin, spanish. Pasado in the sciences and medical arts. Typical atenean. He should have taken his studies at UST more seriously.
  • jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm not an expert on history,but Jose Rizal is probably more admirable than Alexander the Great.Because from what I know Jose Rizal is not violent like Alexander the Great but Alexander's life is more high impact and has more action than Jose Rizal's life.
  • pong_padourpong_padour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Jose Rizal is feeling fuccboi.LOL
  • BigDickSteveBigDickSteve PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    To be honest, you can't compare the two, dahil iba ang pinaglalaban ni Dr.Jose Rizal at iba din ang pinaglalaban ni Alexander the Great.

No offense, with all due respect to our National Hero Dr.Jose Rizal.. hero lang sya sa pilipinas, si Alexander the Great ay one of the world's heroes. Hindi well known si Dr. Rizal sa America at Europe pero si Alexander the Great ay kilala sa buong mundo, familiar ako kay Alexander the Great as early as 7 years old, Alexander the Great was even more famous than Beatles to be honest.. Teacher ni Alexander the Great si Aristotle.

Macedonian warrior at 14, General at 18, King at 20, within 15 years, he fought hundreds of wars and never lost.