South Korea Visa [Thread III]

resisusresisus Don Lakwatsador ✭✭
This thread is intended to help everyone that needs clarification and advise before/during/after applying for a South Korea Visa.

Comments

• resisusresisus Don Lakwatsador ✭✭
    [r e s e r v e d]
  • pats2017pats2017 Member PExer
    Hi! Can I get your opinion on our case, please? Havent submitted reqs tho. Our family will be travelling this Dec 22 - 28. Here's our profile:

1. Father - 55 yrs old, with current employer of 3 years, complete requirements, current balance 60k , ADB ~5k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family)

2. Mother - 52 yrs old, house wife, complete requirements, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family) - to be financially supported by my father

3. Sister - 27 yrs old, with current employer of 5 yrs, complete requirements, ADB ~3k, current balance ~50k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK (2x), Macau (2x), Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (2x)
    Issue: She worked in another country last year as part of her job rotation so much of her salary is still with the foreign bank. Reason why her ADB is low. She wasnt able to get a bank cert/statement from that bank. Can a cover letter suffice to explain this?

4. Me - 24 yrs old, with current employer of 3 yrs, complete requirements, ADB ~20k, current balance ~150k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand (2x) & Japan (2x)

5. Sister - 22 yrs old, just passed engg board exam last Oct 2017, unemployed, no ITR/ COE, etc. Should a cover letter suffice also to explain this? I will finance her travel expenses so I just need to submit birth certificates and affidavit of support right? travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family)

6. Sister - 15 yrs old, studying, complete requirements, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family), I will also finance her travel expenses

Kinakabahan ako because of the no work, no visa policy for my brother's situation and also the low ADB of my father and sister. Any tips? :)
  • ^ Hindi naman yata laman ng bank account ang sole basis for approval, pero if I were you dagdagan nang konti 'yung laman ng bank account ni father if he will financially support your mom also. 60k is roughly 1100-1200 USD para sa kanilang dalawa ni mom mo. How much are you planning to indicate dun sa travel expenses part sa form?
  • smartsimpletonsmartsimpleton Member ✭✭✭
    pats2017 wrote: »
    Hi! Can I get your opinion on our case, please? Havent submitted reqs tho. Our family will be travelling this Dec 22 - 28. Here's our profile:

1. Father - 55 yrs old, with current employer of 3 years, complete requirements, current balance 60k , ADB ~5k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family)

2. Mother - 52 yrs old, house wife, complete requirements, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family) - to be financially supported by my father

3. Sister - 27 yrs old, with current employer of 5 yrs, complete requirements, ADB ~3k, current balance ~50k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK (2x), Macau (2x), Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (2x)
    Issue: She worked in another country last year as part of her job rotation so much of her salary is still with the foreign bank. Reason why her ADB is low. She wasnt able to get a bank cert/statement from that bank. Can a cover letter suffice to explain this?

4. Me - 24 yrs old, with current employer of 3 yrs, complete requirements, ADB ~20k, current balance ~150k, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand (2x) & Japan (2x)

5. Sister - 22 yrs old, just passed engg board exam last Oct 2017, unemployed, no ITR/ COE, etc. Should a cover letter suffice also to explain this? I will finance her travel expenses so I just need to submit birth certificates and affidavit of support right? travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family)

6. Sister - 15 yrs old, studying, complete requirements, travel history for the past 5 years - HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore & Japan (all with family), I will also finance her travel expenses

Kinakabahan ako because of the no work, no visa policy for my brother's situation and also the low ADB of my father and sister. Any tips? :)

Medyo alanganin 'yung bank account and ADB ng father mo, lalo na since siya magsusupport sa mom mo. Is there a way to pad the bank account a little bit more? Will you be staying with family or friends, or nag-book na kayo ng hotel? Paid na lahat, pati airfare? Is your older sister also financing her own stay?

I think since you've all traveled together as a family and have used Japan visas, OK naman kayo. Ayun lang, baka magtanong si embassy if paid na ang hotel and airfare because of the bank accounts.

Good luck :)
  • Hi, I requested a bank cert and statement from BPI for my visa application but ADB and account opening date weren't included in the bank cert. Has anyone recently tried submitting a bank cert without the ADB indicated? My friend called the embassy and hindi daw nila inaaccept?

Thanks!
    Hi, I requested a bank cert and statement from BPI for my visa application but ADB and account opening date weren't included in the bank cert. Has anyone recently tried submitting a bank cert without the ADB indicated? My friend called the embassy and hindi daw nila inaaccept?

Thanks!

I requested a bank cert from BPI two months ago, and the ADB and account opening date were indicated. In the request form you filled out, did you specify that this was for a South Korean visa application? I specified in my form that it was for a Schengen visa application :) They'll also put that in the bank cert.
    Thanks for your advice. We can add naman to his bank account but concern ko naman baka makita sa bank SOA na nagkaroon bigla ng additional money? Or mas safe ba yun? Planning to put just 20-25k since airfare and accommodation are already paid.
    ^ Hindi naman yata laman ng bank account ang sole basis for approval, pero if I were you dagdagan nang konti 'yung laman ng bank account ni father if he will financially support your mom also. 60k is roughly 1100-1200 USD para sa kanilang dalawa ni mom mo. How much are you planning to indicate dun sa travel expenses part sa form?

Thanks for your advice. We can add naman to his bank account but concern ko naman baka makita sa bank SOA na nagkaroon bigla ng additional money? Or mas safe ba yun? Planning to put just 20-25k since airfare and accommodation are already paid.
    Medyo alanganin 'yung bank account and ADB ng father mo, lalo na since siya magsusupport sa mom mo. Is there a way to pad the bank account a little bit more? Will you be staying with family or friends, or nag-book na kayo ng hotel? Paid na lahat, pati airfare? Is your older sister also financing her own stay?

I think since you've all traveled together as a family and have used Japan visas, OK naman kayo. Ayun lang, baka magtanong si embassy if paid na ang hotel and airfare because of the bank accounts.

Good luck :)

Thanks for your tips. Yes. Baka nga will add nalang money to his bank account. Booked and paid na both airfare and accommodation. Also, my sister's financing her own stay since she really has money naman but just in a foreign bank. Since she's here na baka we'll wait nalang for this month's salary para madagdagan account

Question, since I will finance my youngest sister's stay, does that mean she only needs to submit our birth certs, financial documents and not my father's na? Thanks so much!
    Thanks for your tips. Yes. Baka nga will add nalang money to his bank account. Booked and paid na both airfare and accommodation. Also, my sister's financing her own stay since she really has money naman but just in a foreign bank. Since she's here na baka we'll wait nalang for this month's salary para madagdagan account

Question, since I will finance my youngest sister's stay, does that mean she only needs to submit our birth certs, financial documents and not my father's na? Thanks so much!

Yup, no need to submit your father's na since you'll be sponsoring your youngest sister's stay. Your sister should have a copy of whatever financial documents you'll submit (one set for your application, one set for hers) :)
  • Yeah, I did. They even asked me again kung para saang country when I gave them the form. I guess it depends on the branch or the teller?
    Yeah, I did. They even asked me again kung para saang country when I gave them the form. I guess it depends on the branch or the teller?

Oh, okay. That is a little weird. Are you near your branch ba? Can you ask them to reprint it with the ADB and account opening date?
  • babygurl911babygurl911 master blogger PExer
    Hi all! Share ko lang yung experience ko this morning sa pagapply.

Dumating ako dun before 7AM, pang-114 ako. I was relieved na andun pa din *** mga tables na may pandikit, kasi hindi ko na-paste yung pictures namin ng sister ko sa kanya-kanya naming application forms.

Eto po yung profiles namin-

Me: 35 y/o BPO employee
    Traveled to Korea once in 2015, traveled to Jakarta last month
    Supplementary BDO cardholder c/o my mom
    Around 50K sa bank account

My sister: 31 y/o BPO employee
    no overseas travel experience
    Supplementary BDO cardholder c/o our mom din
    Less than 20K sa bank account
    Declared sa application form that her trip will be funded by our mom

Naloka ako kasi ang binigay sakin slip ni Kuya Guard sa window 2. Dun pa lang nagtaka na'ko pero di ako kumibo. Nakita ko kasi yung mga tao sa interview room 2 na may mga BDO gold CC. Inisip ko na lang na baka dahil di ko pinresent yung card agad? Or baka sasabihan lang ako nung taga window 2 na pumunta sa interview room? Either way, nahiya ako magsabi at baka maBV si Kuya so sige lang.

Pag dating ko ng window 2, na-agit yung Korean nung nakita nya na may BDO card... sabi nya window 3 daw dapat ako. Pero nawindang sya bakit daw iba yung name sa card ko vs dun sa billing statement. I tried to explain na supplementary, so she consulted window 3 - I'm guessing nagyes si window 3 so pinapunta nya na ko dun.

Pag dating ko kay window 3 (grabe nakakahiya, napilitan ako sumingit before someone else's turn, buti na lang pinagbigyan ako), kinuha lang nya yung requirements, scan onti, tas binigyan nya na ako ng slip to get my passport back on November 9. Mejo scared lang ako kasi na-dyahe ata sya or something - pero not taking it against her. Super dami din kasi ng tao sa embassy kaya mejo gets ko naman yung stress level nya.

Checked the status online for me and my sister a few times today, Application Received yung tagging. Sana ma-approve kami! [#]FingersCrossed[/#] [#]ThinkPositive[/#]
  • jaineerdjaineerd Member PExer

-considering your good history of travelling together as a family, I think you have a better chance of getting approved. Yun lang, medyo maliit yung bank account mo at ng father mo given na may isusupport kayo. Other than that, mukhang okay naman profile niyo.

Explanation letters work naman, at least for me and my family. Pito kami, yung dalawa samin, this year lang nagwork, walang ITR kaya nagpasa ng explanation letters. In addition, gumawa din kami each applicant ng cover letter stating na magttravel kami together as family, pirmado namin lahat. Fortunately, approved naman kami.
  • jaineerdjaineerd Member PExer
    Hi all! Share ko lang yung experience ko this morning sa pagapply.

Dumating ako dun before 7AM, pang-114 ako. I was relieved na andun pa din *** mga tables na may pandikit, kasi hindi ko na-paste yung pictures namin ng sister ko sa kanya-kanya naming application forms.

Naloka ako kasi ang binigay sakin slip ni Kuya Guard sa window 2. Dun pa lang nagtaka na'ko pero di ako kumibo. Nakita ko kasi yung mga tao sa interview room 2 na may mga BDO gold CC. Inisip ko na lang na baka dahil di ko pinresent yung card agad? Or baka sasabihan lang ako nung taga window 2 na pumunta sa interview room? Either way, nahiya ako magsabi at baka maBV si Kuya so sige lang.

Pag dating ko ng window 2, na-agit yung Korean nung nakita nya na may BDO card... sabi nya window 3 daw dapat ako. Pero nawindang sya bakit daw iba yung name sa card ko vs dun sa billing statement. I tried to explain na supplementary, so she consulted window 3 - I'm guessing nagyes si window 3 so pinapunta nya na ko dun.

Pag dating ko kay window 3 (grabe nakakahiya, napilitan ako sumingit before someone else's turn, buti na lang pinagbigyan ako), kinuha lang nya yung requirements, scan onti, tas binigyan nya na ako ng slip to get my passport back on November 9. Mejo scared lang ako kasi na-dyahe ata sya or something - pero not taking it against her. Super dami din kasi ng tao sa embassy kaya mejo gets ko naman yung stress level nya.

Checked the status online for me and my sister a few times today, Application Received yung tagging. Sana ma-approve kami! [#]FingersCrossed[/#] [#]ThinkPositive[/#]

Expect mo bukas baka may result na online. Sana ma-approve kayo. Good luck! :)
  • Pa-help po, nalilito lang po ako. iaapply ko po ng visa yung mga anak ko, ages 17, 13 and 8. ang question ko is...ang 17 and 13 y.o po ba is NEED na nilang magSIGN sa visa application and passport? nalilito kasi ako, baka hindi tanggapin application nila.

TIA PEXers!
  • Hi all! Share ko lang yung experience ko this morning sa pagapply.

Sis! ilang months ng SOA - BDO CC pinasa mo? Goodluck sa application mo. thanks po.
    Sis! ilang months ng SOA - BDO CC pinasa mo? Goodluck sa application mo. thanks po.

1 month/billing cycle lang dear~ yung kita *** activity namin as supplementary.

Thanks! Kaka-check ko lang ng status online, application received pa din. [#]FingersCrossed[/#] [#]FerventlyPraying[/#]
    jaineerd wrote: »
    Expect mo bukas baka may result na online. Sana ma-approve kayo. Good luck! :)

Thank you! Sana talaga... :)
    Sabi ko sa sarili ko hindi ako magchicheck for a day, kaso di ko natiis. Ayun, Application Received pa din~
  • 1 month/billing cycle lang dear~ yung kita *** activity namin as supplementary.

Thanks! Kaka-check ko lang ng status online, application received pa din. [#]FingersCrossed[/#] [#]FerventlyPraying[/#]

Thank you Sis and Goodluck ulit!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file