Shazam! (Now Showing!)

MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
ZachLeviShazamjpg

Zachary Levi is set to star as the title character – also known as Captain Marvel in the comic books – in New Line and DC Entertainment’s Shazam!

The 37-year-old actor is best known for his role on Chuck and most recently starred in NBC’s Heroes Reborn and Eva Longoria‘s Telenovela.

Shazam follows Billy Batson, a boy who is given the ability to become an adult superhero in times of need with a single magic word.

“Shazam” an acronym of Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury, “from whom Batson derives his heroic attributes from when in adult form,” Variety reports.

No other cast member shave been announced yet, but David F. Sandberg will be directing.

Shazam! is set to hit theaters on April 5, 2019!

Comments

• InsaniacInsaniac Sick and Twisted PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meeh.. good luck bulking up for this role.
  • sickmaggotsickmaggot Harvester of Sorrow PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    2zygytd.jpg
  • MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    22814103_10154749465611923_2574113900579999889_n.jpg
  • SAMSAYSAMSAY Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Comedian actor.
    Baka susundan ang yapak ni thor. :lol:

[#]Hmm[/#]
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kaya pala tinangal sa thor
  • Mikey_LilingMikey_Liling Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sa animation, medyo comedic yung character, kasi isip-bata.

Didn't realize he was in Thor pala. :lol:
  • riverhorseriverhorse start me up PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ I think he played Fandral, one of the warriors 3 in Thor. Hela basically one (or was it two) shotted him lol.

For me, I think he (the character not the actor) looks better with a hoodie. Please give him magical lightning powers ( which would make him, the Flash and Black Lightning as three mainstream DC characters who have lightning based abilities).

shazam-movie-peter-segal-photo-lead.jpg

5018661-06_22.jpg

or they could have him wear this :

shazam__by_shamserg-d92hkfu.jpg
    Supposedly for the New 52, the pantheon of Gods supplying Shazam's powers were changed :

While Billy was given such a title by the mystic it is said beings deal with a pantheon of differing deities that gives him his abilities, initially deriving power from Solomon, Hercules, Achilles, Zeus, Atlas and Mercury. The Ancient Wizard, revealed to be the Aboriginal deity Mamaragan went on a pilgrimage through the Source to find six new gods for young Batson to draw power from. These New Gods are:

S for S'ivaa

S stands for the Strength of S'ivaa the dancer of destruction, an third world shadow elemental. In his words S'ivaa states the strength he has now vastly surpasses that of Hercules as his is the strength of all the Old Gods of Urgrund.

H for H'ronmeer

H is for the Fires of H'ronmeer the martian god of fire, death and rebirth. While disoriented by the numerous entities speaking in his mind, billy finds his hands are wreathed in fire. It has been assumed that with greater practice and mastery, Billy would be able to manipulate this magical fire much like he does with lightning.

A for Anapel

A bestows the compassion of the Siberian Goddess Anapel. The gift of Anapel also bestows him with great wisdom; it is yet to be seen if other clairvoyant gifts are also at his command, as was the case with the Wisdom of Solomon.

Z for Zonuz, Yuga Khan

Z withholds the limitless abilities of Source Manipulation from the Old God Yuga Khan. This now serves as his source for his vast superhuman speed, stamina, and durability. As Billy becomes more familiar with these new powers, it can be assumed that a host of new abilities will also be available to him.

A for At?\

A grants Billy the Boldness of Aite daughter of Zeus and goddess of impulse and ruination.

M for Mamaragan, The Wizard

M lastly bestows the mystical lightning of The Wizard himself to his champion. Which stands to believe that all of his mystical understanding and power now falls under his champion enabling the creative usage of magic to continue weaving various spells.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/billy-batson/4005-2350/
  • MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ‘Shazam!’ Finds Its Billy Batson; Asher Angel to Play Zachary Levi’s Counterpart

Asher Angel, one of the leads on Disney Channel’s Andi Mack, has snagged the role of Billy Batson opposite Zachary Levi in New Line’s DC superhero movie Shazam!

The project is casting up as it heads toward a production start in early 2018, with Mark Strong already in talks to play the villain and Grace Fulton in line for a lead.
  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    - Mark Strong as Dr Sivana?

He looks too tall and intimidating.
    Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen) or pioneering EDM musician Moby are better suited to portray the bald-headed self-proclaimed mad scientist on the big screen
    Leaked Shazam! Set Photo May Offer First Look at Levi in Costume

DXDuYQ4V4AAPox-.jpg
    Shazam-Film.jpg
  • rictos16rictos16 Fassy.Askar.Hiddles PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    For real?? bakit ganun.. parang cosplay lang? I love Zach pero ang weird.
    rictos16 wrote: »
    For real?? bakit ganun.. parang cosplay lang? I love Zach pero ang weird.

hindi kasi bagay sa kanya.

Shazam Set Video Shows Zachary Levi’s DC Hero In Action

https://twitter.com/JeremyLawrence/status/971047902910042112
    ^ Seriously , he looks like some poor guy in a red onesie with his mom's nightgown strapped on his back. :( They should have used armor instead of spandex. They were able to give Flash an armored look which looks really good. Shazam is supposed to look like a warrior god, not like this. The red needs to be darker, not this bright.

The cowl and cape definitely needs to be changed, preferably something similar to Assasin's Creed.

assassins-creed-1-2-3-altair-ezio-connor-1.jpeg

Edited to add: but who knows, maybe they plan to use cgi and add stuff to his costume digitally. :hmm:
  • MasterVaderMasterVader 신진해 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bat parang yung mga nagko-comment (sa lahat, sa FB, sa mga forums) parang hindi pa rin alam in this day and age na may editing process pa after this? May iaapply pa na CGI, na filters... parang kung ano lang nakikita sa LEAKED SET PICS e yun na agad ang itsura? Wala lang nakakaburaot lang.

tumblrmit1wqrbji1s6mknho1500_TAXC.jpg

eXxJVZu.jpg
    ^ If it makes you happy, the costumes for the Inhumans tv series ( which is a marvel production) were also disappointing if not downright terrible.

With Infinity war you will notice the actors wear those dots on their clothes for motion capture whereas Shazam has none. You realize what that means. :(

Full disclosure: I maybe a Marvel fanboy but I don't hate DC films. I honestly want them to succeed. I believe they can succeed if they take a page from Injustice 2 and perhaps obtain the help of Netherealm studios. Injustice 2, which is a DC game makes a lot of the current marvel games look subpar. If they can succeed in gaming why can't they succeed in film? It makes no sense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=duOE4gFVFuY

c8dLBWf.png

*Black Adam is Shazam's main archnemesis
  • MasterVaderMasterVader 신진해 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Disclosure din... I'm a DC fan but I'm not a fan of the tone Snyder applied to the DC films. I'm also not a fan of WB higher ups meddling with the final product (BvS, Suicide Squad, JL) and would rather see Snyder's true vision for his films even though I don't agree with him.

I'm a fan of Marvel FILMS simply because of superior filmmaking, not the characters themselves.

Nagreact lang ako dito because sabi ko nga, not only in forums like these but sa Facebook pareparehas ang comments na as if this is what we are going to see in the final product. I'm sure na this looks bright for the purpose of maadjust nila yung colors during editing process.
    ito close-up pic

DXx9KfsUMAAMqX6.jpg
    DXx9Kf7VwAITkNX.jpg

ano kaya yung nasa ilong niya?
  • audreyjaneaudreyjane ♡ PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SHAZAM! - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file