COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

UAAP 3-Point Shootout

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
Who will win the first(?) UAAP 3-Point Shootout?

Saturday, Oct.21, 4PM on ABS-CBN Sports FB Live

22550358_10155908738987269_5515030988439623792_o.jpg?oh=bef1612356a5f2dcb57510d43c14ef49&oe=5A79935C

From ABS-CBN Sports:
https://www.facebook.com/ABSCBNSports/photos/a.455437237268.242809.283004042268/10155908738987269/?type=3
Meet the players who’ll be representing their schools in the first-ever UAAP-JBL 3-Point Shootout on October 21!

AdU- Jerrick Vincent Ahanmisi
ADMU – Dan Angelo Wong
DLSU– Ralph Cu
FEU – Jojo Trinidad
NU – JP Cauilan
UE – Mark Maloles
UP – Diego Dario
UST – Marvin Lee

You can catch this epic contest on ABS-CBN Sports via Facebook Live from 4PM-4:30PM!

Who are the current (and past) top 3 point shooters of each school?

and with Ateneo and La Salle sending team B players to participate (reason unknown) who would have been more apt to represent them?

Is a slam dunk contest also in the horizon?

Comments

• inghinyeroinghinyero Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For UP, I think the best 3-pointers are Jaboneta, Desiderio and Javi GDL. Dario, Lim and Vito are good rin naman. I think gusto rin kasi i-highlight si Dario this season kaya sya ang nilagay diyan.
  • coachJEcoachJE RESPECT all, FEAR none ✭✭✭
    wait mga sirs, question lang po, adjusted po ba yung games tomorrow? kasi tomorrow din yang 3pt shootout, right?
  • streetfoodstreetfood Play Hard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caracut/Melecio , Asistio @ CCharisma
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    streetfood wrote: »
    Caracut/Melecio , Asistio @ CCharisma

I agree, I think they missed the boat to legitimize this first time showcase by not putting the top stars in this contest (one could argue that only Ahanmisi and Lee are the no brainers here)

On the other hand, this provides lesser known players a stage to showcase their stuff and audition for a bigger role, in today’s game you can never have enough three point shooters
  • Larry LegendLarry Legend Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan Wong from Ateneo won the first JBL Three Point Shoot Out!
  • Milo96Milo96 Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan Wong from Ateneo won the first JBL Three Point Shoot Out!

With that, Dan may have earned the promotion to the Hail Mary team.
  • BLACKSEDANBLACKSEDAN Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ A very long shot at best. There will only be 2 players who will complete their eligibility after this season in Ikeh and Vince Tolentino. Brother Adrian Wong is coming back from his ACL injury. Available call-up for next season may come from the likes of Navarro Maagdenberg, Salazar and maybe the Councilor. Will there be additional Fil-something signings? Has the African import met his residency requirements?
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BLACKSEDAN wrote: »
    ^ A very long shot at best. There will only be 2 players who will complete their eligibility after this season in Ikeh and Vince Tolentino. Brother Adrian Wong is coming back from his ACL injury. Available call-up for next season may come from the likes of Navarro Maagdenberg, Salazar and maybe the Councilor. Will there be additional Fil-something signings? Has the African import met his residency requirements?

more pressure for existing third stringers to stepup and justify their inclusion into the lineup considering the wealth of talent waiting in the wings. like Jesus said, "Many are called, but few are chosen."
    RuckuS wrote: »
    more pressure for existing third stringers to stepup and justify their inclusion into the lineup considering the wealth of talent waiting in the wings. like Jesus said, "Many are called, but few are chosen."

Heh heh heh heh, you brought it up not me. But you are right, Andrade, White and Porter will be challenged by those in team B, AHS and who ever Tab and Epok recruit. Even Troy must use his off season judiciously like Mike Nieto did 2 season to earn additional playing time. The clock is ticking for both Dan Wong and Shaggy Allmond to make ADMU varsity.
  • karahasankarahasan Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, Councilor is still with Ateneo?
    Unless I heard it wrong, he came back. He did not want to leave Katipunan in the first place. He is the only one among the magnificent 7 who has not played organize basketball in the current and last season.
    Milo96 wrote: »
    With that, Dan may have earned the promotion to the Hail Mary team.

First off, congratulations to Dan Wong *okay*

lights out three point shooter pala ito, makes me wonder why he always misses the cut? May major holes ba in his game? Too much logjam? I’ve seen Wong’s name leading team B in the boxscore consistently but still always cut, heck even Escaler made the team last year when we could have used another shooter, I think this guy deserves at least a season in Team A, I’m assuming he’s close to graduating already since he’s older than Adrian

Sino yang Magdeenberg? Porter parang panahon pa ni Greg to ah, I know he’s been in and out of the team so ilang seasons pa sya eligible? I think his spot could best be given to grooming a young big man, Go already provides the big man with the three point touch with so much more anyway
    ^I actually thought he would be replacing his brother in Team A. If anything, lamang lang siguro si Adrian sa athleticism (a common trait between siblings for some reason; see the Tengs and Ravenas; heck let's also throw in the Rivero, Nieto, and Gaston siblings).
    ^ wait sino ba mas matanda sa Nieto twins? :lol: parang patas lang naman sila sa athleticism since their games rely more on basketball IQ
    Maagdenberg is a 6’ 4” Fil-Kiwi wide body currently doing residency. His younger brother is an inch or two taller and the better player who has played for the Camp David Kiwi team in the league run by coach Eric.

Trivia about the Wong brothers. They were first offered to DLSU but Taft only wanted Adrian and encouraged Dan to cross Taft to play for Benilde. This did not sit well with the family. ADMU offered both brothers but Dan knew he had to fight for his spot on varsity. Adrian can score, run the point, and play defense. Dan is more of a scorer and ADMU has a surplus of like players. If Adrian did blow out his knee, imagine the guard rotation of coach Tab.

Personally, I thought Dan had a chance to unseat White but the latter played better defense during the summer. If Dave Ildefonso stays in Kstipunan, no room for Dan. How do you accommodate SJ Belangel when other schools are salivating to sign him away?

Later live on FB, who’s gonna be the 3-pt king?
    Ang weird na si Abarrientos pinadala nila. HAHA. 
    edited November 2018
    Ahanmisi has got this, though he might get some resistance from Asistio.

Bakit kaya hindi anak ni Tab iyung pinanlaban? Ive read he's in Team B, and is a good shooter
    They probably want Asistio to have an individual award before he graduates this season?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file