Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

US Visa: F1 student Visa HELP!

I plan to study in the US next year. What might be the specific requirements for an F1 Visa? I researched quite a while, but I want to hear stories and experiences of my fellow Pinoy who applied. Thanks :D

Comments

• I plan to study in the US next year. What might be the specific requirements for an F1 Visa? I researched quite a while, but I want to hear stories and experiences of my fellow Pinoy who applied. Thanks

First, you need to be accepted first to a US school. So mag-aaply ka muna for admission sa US school bago ka makapag-apply for F1. No school admission, no F1.

There's a form that the school will issue once you are admitted that you will need to submit to the embassy. Most schools will only issue the form if you have submitted an affidavit (with attachments) that shows you have enough funds to cover your one year tuition/fees and living expenses.

Take note, F1 is only for degrees (diploma, bachelor, masters, doctorate) that has 6 months or more duration. If the course you are planning to take lasts less than 6 months, B1/B2 pa rin ang visa category na aaplayan mo.

You can work whole on F1 but no more that 20 hours/week and usually within assignment/companies lang na assigned ng school. As per rule, you cannot use the possible income from the work as part of the funds for your affidavit for the visa application.
  • May I ask what specific course you want to enroll? Maybe I could be of help po.
  • I plan to study in the US next year. What might be the specific requirements for an F1 Visa? I researched quite a while, but I want to hear stories and experiences of my fellow Pinoy who applied. Thanks :D
    Hi! Do you have a specific course that you want to take? Maybe I can recommend you or refer you.