Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Best Restaurants for Filipino Food in Metro Manila

laarnilaarni PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Hi Everyone. .. I am a Fil-Am living in America and I visit Philippines once every 2 years... Last 2 visits, we ate at the buffets... I am not so satisfied as I want to eat good Filipino foods. Most of the dishes are foreign (Japanese, Korean, American... I can eat those here in America.) Very few Filipino foods... I can't even remember anymore. It's forgettable. Do you have any recommendations for best Filipino restaurants that actually serve Filipino food? I want the best palabok, halo-halo, pancit, all kinds of sinigang and all kinds of inihaw. I have tried Gerry's Grill and Barrio Fiesta.. are there others?

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    CRISOSTOMO is what you should try. just skip everything else.
    that's where i bring my foreign guests to, and they kinda like it.

they have a few branches near the airport. 1 in resorts world, the other is near moa (not in moa)
  • ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ilonggo grill, cafe adriatico, jt's manukan, bulalo king, rodic's tapsilog, little quiapo halo-halo.
  • etxeteraetxetera PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I like Mesa Filipino Moderne
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    try abe in trinoma and provinciano in maginhawa. i think they are representative of pinoy cuisine right now.

i w3ould also recommend that you try barrio fiesta in makati ave for kare kare and crispy pata. these two items are still considered classics.

try kalde-kaldero corner of buendia and roxas blvd for sinigang na bulalo and crispy fried tawilis.

my favorite bulakenyo restaurant is romulo's cafe over in t.morato.

if you want to try lechon, the best and a classic is still bulakena in retiro. i don't subscribe to that cebu lechon vs manila lechon [email protected] the best lechon is one that is freshly cooked and uses native pigs, and that is what bulakenya is.

also try bangus restaurant in greenhills. bangus is the quintessential pinoy fish, so try a restaurant specializing in it.
  • illuminaillumina PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Manam for the crispy house sisig.

I don't think there's one restaurant that consistently serves everything very well; it's hits and misses, so you will have to go restaurant-hopping.
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    etxetera wrote: »
    i like mesa filipino moderne

same !!!!

Mesa Filipino Moderne

Hukad

Little Quiapo

Serye

Max's

Giligans ... (cheaper resto)

Antonio's in Tagaytay

Balay Dako in Tagaytay

but i think you will never go wrong with

"Vikings Buffet".... MOA BRANCH
  • Any resto that is affordable but have a great quality?
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    madami. but you have to be more specific with what you're looking for.
  • La Fiesta is a good one too. But when it comes to fresh seafood, I would always go for Dampa!
  • CRISOSTOMO is what you should try. just skip everything else.

they have a few branches near the airport. 1 in resorts world, the other is near moa (not in moa)

will try this out! thanks!
  • +1 for dampa, best seafood market and restaurant :D
  • +1 for dampa, best seafood market and restaurant :D

my favorite place to eat +1
  • m6y.v3ron6 wrote: »
    Any resto that is affordable but have a great quality?

seafood? japanese? korean? specific type of food?
  • CRISOSTOMO is what you should try. just skip everything else.

+1 for this, some of my friends liked it as well :D
  • seafood? japanese? korean? specific type of food?

hi, anything you can recommend for thai food? or anyone out there can recommend any thai food, price is not a problem, i just want to taste a good or excellent thai food.
  • not sure qng thai food *** phoa. but try it anyway, cheap, but good
  • phoa is good i suppose
  • leeantian wrote: »
    phoa is good i suppose

yes it is! how bout Songkran?
  • Songkran? hmmm.. will check this out!
  • kenilworth12kenilworth12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How about Locavore? Pangit ba ang pagkain doon?

BTW, I have had been bringing my family and balikbayan relatives to newly-heard-of restaurants (whether Filipino or foreign cuisines.) Next Saturday, sa Komedor kami sa Panay Ave near the Scout area kasama namin ang isang pinsan ko na kasing-edad ko pa na galing NJ, USA.

Crisostomo is very good IMHO. Sarsa is good but can be quite wary kung hindi kayo mahilig sa mga condiments lalo na kung matagal na kayong nasa ibang bansa.