US Visa Help Thread 3

Let's continue the discussions here :) here's the link from the previous one :

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557069

Comments

• EgozumEgozum Member ✭✭✭
    Lessons from the interview:

1) Be transparent. , the Consuls are individuals who have years of experience and extensive trainings in their chosen field.

2) Be honest as much as possible. If you lie, tendency is you will forget what you have written in the application form and will blow the chance of getting the visa. Whatever way the Consul will interrogate you, if you are honest with your answers, you will still give the same reply.

3) Be yourself.

4) Relax and be confident with all your answers. Never make unnecessary movements like twirling your hair or worse, bite your nails (as some unconsciously do) or make facial expressions that will distract the Consul.

5) Get as much information needed like the place you want to visit, jot down possible questions the Consul might ask you. If possible, practice in front of a mirror or with a friend.

6) One question, one answer. Don’t give too much information other than what is asked. Keep the talkative side of you behind for a while as this may get you into trouble than good.

7) Have your presence of mind, stay focused and be attentive to the questions asked.

8) Have an eye contact.

9) Have faith in yourself.

10) Don’t overdress and don lots of accessories. Be simple as possible.

11) Have faith in God.

12) As per my observation, the Consuls really don’t care of your financial status ), what they care about is your strong ties to your country or work. And, that you have the intentions of going back to your country and NOT stay in the US as an illegal alien.

13) Being granted a visa is not because of the mood of the Consul during the interview as how we see it when things went wrong and is denied of the opportunity. It is but by how you confidently answer and assures the Consul of your honest intentions as a tourist.
  • milano_88milano_88 Member PExer
    Egozum wrote: »
    Lessons from the interview:

1) Be transparent. , the Consuls are individuals who have years of experience and extensive trainings in their chosen field.

2) Be honest as much as possible. If you lie, tendency is you will forget what you have written in the application form and will blow the chance of getting the visa. Whatever way the Consul will interrogate you, if you are honest with your answers, you will still give the same reply.

3) Be yourself.

4) Relax and be confident with all your answers. Never make unnecessary movements like twirling your hair or worse, bite your nails (as some unconsciously do) or make facial expressions that will distract the Consul.

5) Get as much information needed like the place you want to visit, jot down possible questions the Consul might ask you. If possible, practice in front of a mirror or with a friend.

6) One question, one answer. Don’t give too much information other than what is asked. Keep the talkative side of you behind for a while as this may get you into trouble than good.

7) Have your presence of mind, stay focused and be attentive to the questions asked.

8) Have an eye contact.

9) Have faith in yourself.

10) Don’t overdress and don lots of accessories. Be simple as possible.

11) Have faith in God.

12) As per my observation, the Consuls really don’t care of your financial status ), what they care about is your strong ties to your country or work. And, that you have the intentions of going back to your country and NOT stay in the US as an illegal alien.

13) Being granted a visa is not because of the mood of the Consul during the interview as how we see it when things went wrong and is denied of the opportunity. It is but by how you confidently answer and assures the Consul of your honest intentions as a tourist.

agree...I got approved for a 10 yr ME US Visa last Aug 2016 without being asked of any supporting documents, interview was just lasted for 3 mins only.
  • Mae HarryMae Harry Member PExer
    Hi!

My profile:

Female
    Late thirties
    Single
    Living with parents and siblings

Government employee (position is not supervisory)
    30K monthly
    With 170K in the bank

Previous travels: South Korea, Taipei, Japan, HK, SG

Purpose of travel: To visit friends in California

I have a cousin in Kansas, but I will not be visiting her since wala naman pong mga tourist destinations in Kansas and malayo po sa mga big cities.

Kindly assess =)

Do I still need to indicate that I have a cousin in Kansas even if I won't be visiting her?
  • Chloe07Chloe07 Member PExer
    Mae Harry wrote: »
    Hi!

My profile:

Female
    Late thirties
    Single
    Living with parents and siblings

Government employee (position is not supervisory)
    30K monthly
    With 170K in the bank

Previous travels: South Korea, Taipei, Japan, HK, SG

Purpose of travel: To visit friends in California

I have a cousin in Kansas, but I will not be visiting her since wala naman pong mga tourist destinations in Kansas and malayo po sa mga big cities.

Kindly assess =)

Do I still need to indicate that I have a cousin in Kansas even if I won't be visiting her?

Hello Mae Harry,

I suggest you make your purpose of travel: To tour California so the questions will be based on your travel plan or travel history rather than some info how you became friends or information about your friends.

You can have your friend as our Point of Contact in the US, and say you will stay at your friend's house during your stay.

Be ready to answer your itinerary (like how many days, where in California are you staying, which places to visit)
    My friend was asked how much is she expecting to spend for her trip.

I think you should answer Yes to the question if you have other relatives in the US even if you wont visit her.

Good luck!
  • Mae HarryMae Harry Member PExer
    Chloe07 wrote: »
    Hello Mae Harry,

I suggest you make your purpose of travel: To tour California so the questions will be based on your travel plan or travel history rather than some info how you became friends or information about your friends.

You can have your friend as our Point of Contact in the US, and say you will stay at your friend's house during your stay.

Be ready to answer your itinerary (like how many days, where in California are you staying, which places to visit)
    My friend was asked how much is she expecting to spend for her trip.

I think you should answer Yes to the question if you have other relatives in the US even if you wont visit her.

Good luck!

Thank you Chloe!

I am not sure what to place po in my job description in the DS-160 versus the interview ( to be scheduled pa po but im preparing for possible questions)

Do I need to state the I am a government employee first then state again my designation?

Will it help that I point out that I am a government employee? (Kasi yung designation ko is not very "government" sounding po. Public communications officer po).

Please help me po.
  • Belfast001Belfast001 Ecstatic Individual
    Hi. Need your opinion po! my family are planning to go to US next year. Hindi kami kasal ng girl and may pending f2b petition ako plus may anak kami 4 years old. Both of us have no work right now, balak kase ng lola nya na doon mag birthday yung apo nya! All expense paid by my family. May chance po ba na ma approve tourist visa namin??
  • einra521einra521 Member PExer
    Good day!

I just want to ask for your opinion about me and my husband’s profile:

ME
    •30 yrs old
    • a public high school teacher- Teacher 1(for 4yrs already)
    • worked in Thailand (3yrs, 2008-2011)
    • visited Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia
    • will visit South Korea and Taiwan next year

HUSBAND
    • 33 yrs old
    • business owner- wholesale and retail store (from 2011-present)
    • worked in Japan (2yrs, 2008-2010)
    • visited Thailand, Cambodia, Laos
    • will visit South Korea next year

~He has a cousin in US but we will not visit him because we are planning to visit our Filipina friend who’s alreay married with an American citizen for 1 week only.
    ~we don’t have kids yet.
    ~we don’t have shedule yet because we are still contemplating in our chances of visa approval.

Thank you so much.
  • minyoongiminyoongi Member PExer
    Belfast001 wrote: »
    Hi. Need your opinion po! my family are planning to go to US next year. Hindi kami kasal ng girl and may pending f2b petition ako plus may anak kami 4 years old. Both of us have no work right now, balak kase ng lola nya na doon mag birthday yung apo nya! All expense paid by my family. May chance po ba na ma approve tourist visa namin??

So only your parents are in the US, tama ba? And you, your wife, and kid are in the Philippines?
  • If you're planning to get a K1 visa, I shared on my blog about how long it took for us to get mine. [best viewed on mobile]

c2hbb.png

If you have any questions about the K1 visa, I'd be more than happy to answer them. :)
  • lestherrificlestherrific Member ✭✭
    Good Evening!

I have question. Hope makakuha ako ng clear na sagot.

I’m 32 years old (Currently taking my Masters, unemployed dahil sa school)

I have pending petition (priority date 2013)

Gusto ng mom ko na kunan ng Tourist Visa lola ko (She’s 89 yrs old) pwede ba ako sumama as guardian ng lola ko? Maging problema kaya yung pending petition ko sa pagkuha ng Tourist Visa (guardian ng lola ko)

Plan sana namin magapply this coming April para sabay sa school break ko.

Thanks sa mga sasagot!

Merry Christmas y’all
  • hsusonhsuson Member ✭✭✭
    Just had my US Visa Renewal interview 2 days ago:
    Among the actual questions I heard:

1. How many relatives do you have in the US?
    A: 10
    (Family of 5, 15 min of intense grilling on relatives' status, DENIED)

2. Did you work anywhere else besides the PH?
    A: Yes, China
    (Female Single late 20s, DENIED)

3. The father has a B1 Tourist Visa?
    A: Yes, but he is busy at work and may not be able to join us on the trip.
    (Rich looking Rolex mom and teenage son, APPROVED)

4. Where do you plan to go in the US?
    A: Disneyland, Hollywood
    (Family of 3, BPO Manager, young kid, APPROVED)

5. What is the status of your sister in California?
    A: She is a US citizen. She is retired.
    (Late 50s Mom very simple looking, 25 year old daughter working at Jollibee, DENIED)

6. Why should we grant you a Visa, you just applied a week ago.
    A: (Gulp! nasa computer pala)
    (Gay guy, who recently applied, DENIED)

7. How long are you going to stay in NY?
    A: 2 weeks
    (Young female, been to US 5X, renewal Visa, APPROVED)

8. You are going to stay in the US for a month? (Trick Question)
    A: Oh no, not that long...that is too long. (3 weeks lang in my DS160 form)
    (Me, been to US 2X, renewal Visa, APPROVED)

Mga 50-50 ang SUCCESS rate :D
  • epslvdrepslvdr Member
    Hi guys. Pa-asses naman sana ako.
    Gusto ko iapply ng visa yung 13-year old brother ko next year pagbalik ko galing US.
    Ano kaya chances if ako magsusupport?

Me:
    23.F
    May Valid visa
    May 2 businesses earing 100k a month.

Brother ko:
    Grade 8 Student.
    May expired US visa before pero hindi nagamit since nagkasakit parents ko hindi na siya naisama.

Plano ko sana ako na magsponsor sakanya and ako rin sasama sa interview.
    Yung parents ko kasi wala ng work/ no income and both retired na sila nasa bahay nalang.

Ano sa tingin niyo guys? TIA!
  • laichilaichi Member
    Happy New Year 2018

-26F

-Single

-Denied Twice both Insufficient Ties
    First Denial 2016 - No permanent work, only visited SG and ML
    Second Denial January 2017 - Newly hired govt. teacher, plus Vietnam in country visited

-Purpose: To celebrate my birthday bucket list in NYC on my 27th bday and to take a selfie with the Statue of Liberty

-Days: 10 days (May 2018)

-Countries visited this year: Solo Birthday Travel Japan, Family Trip in HK and Macau

-Been in the profession for 5 yrs, 2 years and counting in the service as a Government Teacher.

-Salary:2*,***

-Companion: my sister with ME Visa

-PoC my sister's godmother residing in NYC

-Relative in US: eldest sister in California

-I will sponsor my own trip like what I did with my previous travels since I am with my sister we can share expenses.

-Savings: not much but still saving

Reason why I won't visit my sister: It is not the best time because she and her family will go here in Ph in preparation for my brother's wedding a month after my birthday.
  • dixoydixoy Member
    i applied alone before got denied around 2011. didn't have any petition yet by that time.

zero chance ba if may pending petition from my parent? :)

pa asses na lang din po. probably travelling with my girlfriend who will apply visa with me.

single, 35yo
    Engineer one of Philippines Telco Giant
    savings around P1M
    whole family in US(US citizen but dad is here coz he is dual citizen)
    properties - car , house still under construction
    visited number of times visa free ASIAN countries

BTW

10yrs in service and salary around 40k mark.

may pending petition from mom, but want to visit them as they get old they don't have the energy to travel na.

:)
  • dixoydixoy Member
    double post
  • michymichymoomichymichymoo coffee drinker ✭✭✭
    Up ko lang to. :D
  • agathaciousagathacious agathacious
    Hi. Kindly check my profile pls:
    BSNursing grad last 2014 as my 2nd course, but havent take d nursing board and no work experience as a nurse. (Working student wayback)
    Destination: NJ
    Reason: short vacay and visit my aunts and cousins, tour in NY since its 3-4hrs drive from my aunts place.
    Relatives: they are all u.s citizens and migrated their thru their father.
    Job: 15yrs in BPO and 2yrs & 9mos with my current company as Credit Analyst.
    Income: 25k
    Savings: 51k
    Travel hx: im travelling yearly and started my travel last 2015 in Japan, 2016 in South Korea and last year 2017 in Australia.

I want to know what my chances are... Thanks!
  • Up! This is the latest thread for US visa
  • chei cheichei chei Member PExer
    V: Purpose of visit
    Me: Short Vacation, for my birthday
    V: Where are you staying
    Me: LA
    V: Are you with someone?
    Me: Travelling solo.
    V: Do you know anyone in the States or friends?
    Me: (trick question, I know people, colleagues etc but we're not exactly "friends") so I said no.
    V: Why are you going to LA
    Me: Primarily because of Universal Studios, and museums because we dont have those here.
    V: Have you been to other countries?
    Me: Ireland, China, Taiwan Japan 2x South Korea, etc..
    V: Did you go to Ireland solo?
    Me: Yes, went there to spend Christmas with my bf's family. he's Irish.
    V: Is your boyfriend in the Philippines?
    Me: He's in Ireland.
    V: Is he coming with you in this trip?
    Me: No, he's in Ireland and will not join me, this is a solo travel.
    V: How long have you been with *company
    Me: 5 months.
    V: What do you do?
    Me: blah blah....
    V: How long have you stayed with your previous company?
    Me: Almost 2 yrs.

V: I'm sorry I could not give you a visa right now.

Possible red flag: Knowing I have an irish bf, baka di sya naniniwala na magisa nga lang ako magttravel. Baka sumunod si kuya ganern. Pero hindi naman talaga,
    Di man lang ako hiningan ng docs.
    Another is 5 mos lang ako sa company ko, pero I already filed for a leave and I brought the papers with me. Di tinanong yung sahod etc.

No ill feelings naman, its just not my time. But I just made a goal na by 30 I'll be travelling to the US. Pero di inaadya ng panahon. :)
  • illuminaillumina L'enfer, c'est les autres ✭✭✭
    chei chei wrote: »
    V: Purpose of visit
    Me: Short Vacation, for my birthday
    V: Where are you staying
    Me: LA
    V: Are you with someone?
    Me: Travelling solo.
    V: Do you know anyone in the States or friends?
    Me: (trick question, I know people, colleagues etc but we're not exactly "friends") so I said no.
    V: Why are you going to LA
    Me: Primarily because of Universal Studios, and museums because we dont have those here.
    V: Have you been to other countries?
    Me: Ireland, China, Taiwan Japan 2x South Korea, etc..
    V: Did you go to Ireland solo?
    Me: Yes, went there to spend Christmas with my bf's family. he's Irish.
    V: Is your boyfriend in the Philippines?
    Me: He's in Ireland.
    V: Is he coming with you in this trip?
    Me: No, he's in Ireland and will not join me, this is a solo travel.
    V: How long have you been with *company
    Me: 5 months.
    V: What do you do?
    Me: blah blah....
    V: How long have you stayed with your previous company?
    Me: Almost 2 yrs.

V: I'm sorry I could not give you a visa right now.

Possible red flag: Knowing I have an irish bf, baka di sya naniniwala na magisa nga lang ako magttravel. Baka sumunod si kuya ganern. Pero hindi naman talaga,
    Di man lang ako hiningan ng docs.
    Another is 5 mos lang ako sa company ko, pero I already filed for a leave and I brought the papers with me. Di tinanong yung sahod etc.

No ill feelings naman, its just not my time. But I just made a goal na by 30 I'll be travelling to the US. Pero di inaadya ng panahon. :)

Should have just left it at yes about travelling solo in Ireland and hope that you were not asked why.

5 months at your current company also didn’t help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file