Home PEx Sports UAAP - Volleyball
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The National U Volleyball: A NU Dawn [Thread VII]

Comments

• robert_nestarobert_nesta Volleyball Vanguard
    So Simon, Mangui and Cardoniga ang nagbubuhat sa NU dati?

Yan yung mga naalala ko dati.

Next season nun biglang gumaling laro ni Cai.

Tapos si Aganon nagmimiddle hehe
  • Cien_FleurCien_Fleur Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    musta si bebe gurl Robles?
  • cannycaninecannycanine Volleyball Vanguard
    ‘Lucky charm’ NU team manager hails Sports Vision for promoting the cause of UAAP high school volleyball
    By ABS-CBN Sports on Sep 12, 2017 01:12 PM

NU team manager hails Sports Vision
    The National University high school volleyball squad, said to be even stronger than last season’s, is fit and ready to complete a ‘three-peat’ in the upcoming UAAP volleyball tournament. Team manager Alex Ong (fourth from left, standing, in this file photo taken after the SM management feted the team following their second straight UAAP title triumph) predicts a more exciting competition this season as competing squads get access to a playing venue and conditions only reserved for their senior counterparts before.
    Engr. Alexander Romulo R. Ong, no doubt about it, is the lucky charm of the National University Bullpups, the reigning back-to-back champions of UAAP high school volleyball.

Read more
    http://sports.abs-cbn.com/pvl/news/2017/09/12/nu-team-manager-hails-sports-vision-30835
    Yan yung mga naalala ko dati.

Next season nun biglang gumaling laro ni Cai.

Tapos si Aganon nagmimiddle hehe

Nice, Aganon in the middle. :lol:
    Si Perez nag-middle din muna diba?
    Cien_Fleur wrote: »
    musta si bebe gurl Robles?

Okay naman daw na. Nothing serious.
    But she has to sit out for the meantime.
    Sayang, this a good venue for her to play with the seniors.
    Di na sya pede sa GVT, di pa sya pede sa WVT.
    Next season na siguro uli natin sya makikita na makalaro. Unless, she will be cleared to play. Pero mas importante pahinga na muna.
  • jhonmanuel1985jhonmanuel1985 Volleyball Vanguard
    Okay naman daw na. Nothing serious.
    But she has to sit out for the meantime.
    Sayang, this a good venue for her to play with the seniors.
    Di na sya pede sa GVT, di pa sya pede sa WVT.
    Next season na siguro uli natin sya makikita na makalaro. Unless, she will be cleared to play. Pero mas importante pahinga na muna.

Im impressed with Robles-Jorelle 2.0. However, if she is not yet be cleared to play on s80, why use her? This is a great time for NU to maximize their current players like Paran and Jorelle so Im just confused why field in a player you cant use for the season.

Just me though.
    Im impressed with Robles-Jorelle 2.0. However, if she is not yet be cleared to play on s80, why use her? This is a great time for NU to maximize their current players like Paran and Jorelle so Im just confused why field in a player you cant use for the season.

Just me though.

I have to agree, same sentiment here.
    This is the best time for the players that are eligible to play for S80 to play as a unit. Maximize every chance for these players to develop their chemistry further under a new coach.
    I was actually surprised to see someone like Robles fielded in.

My take why the new coach trusted Robles so much might be because of the ff. reasons (again just mine):
    A) Robles used to play for Coach Babes since her first UAAP match, the bond between the two must be really great,
    B) Coach Babes wants to see the potentiality of having a "future player" in his team - "post-Jaja" era,
    C) Robles is free for this season - no team to play (nothing to lose, the league allows guest players in anyhow. Alas, she got injured)
    D) Coach Babes seems like to experiment, he wants to see first the best possible options for the team in this league (but might suffer the experience for the actual players to grow in preparation for UAAP),
    E) Coach Babes might be using the chance for the actual team/players not to be scouted by some good coaches out there.
  • PballPball PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ORB_ver2.0 wrote: »
    Thanks God at hindi serious. May napanuod akong clip na post ng abscbn sports, ang lakas pala talaga nya pumalo. Parang Isa Molde

actually parang mini singh. hahaha
  • EdgeOfZeroEdgeOfZero PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nice, Aganon in the middle. :lol:
    Si Perez nag-middle din muna diba?

From what I remember, Ivy used to play as an Opposite spiker before Coach Francis converted her as a Setter. Aganon was very versatile but it was on her last 2 UAAP seasobs when she got really deadly. Biglang lakas si Mina nun.
    Now ko lang napanood ang game 😂

Takeway ko lang, tumatak sa akin yung sinabi ni Gohing na "systematic" na daw ang new coaching style ng NU. So basically ala DLSU? Not surprised kasi the assistant coach is a product of Coach Ramil 😂
    Pasali po sa old school discussion.

Naalala ko si Simon, maliit na open spiker ng NU.

Yung pinakaluma siguro S69 or S70, si Bruan na sobrang tulis ng serve.

I remember Simon! Siya ang mga unang LB na pumapalo sa backline 😂

And guys remember when Monique Tiangco and Mumay Vivas were supposed to play for NU after leaving FEU? Sabay sabay dapat sila nila Dindin. They played for NU sa VLeague. Not sure kung bakit hindi natuloy? Playing years ata for Vivas ang nagkulang while Tiangco later on transferred to La Salle Dasma.
    Hello guys. Sorry for the spam.

This is the earliest clip I could find for the old NU LB. This is the 5th set of the match vs defending champions UST during the 1st round of UAAP S73

The team line up:
    OH: Mangui, Aganon
    Opp: Nepomuceno
    MB: Sagun, Sante
    Setter: Soliven
    Libero: Reyes

You can spot CJ Rosario on the bench.

The girls stood strong vs Dimac, Ortiz, Banaticla, Caballejo and Maizo. UST won, 22-25, 25-21, 18-25, 25-20, 17-15.

Here is the link:
    [video]
  • ^ZiP^^ZiP^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Oo Zip :lol:
    kaso salo lahat ni Eroa palo nya :lol:

Pabebe naman kasi :lol:
    EdgeOfZero wrote: »
    From what I remember, Ivy used to play as an Opposite spiker before Coach Francis converted her as a Setter. Aganon was very versatile but it was on her last 2 UAAP seasobs when she got really deadly. Biglang lakas si Mina nun.

Sayang, parang ang lakas siguro pumalo ni Ibyang ngayon kung natuloy sa Opp. no?
    With her arm span baka malakas ang swing, baka lang naman. hehe

Nung wala na si Coach Francis sa NU, biglang lumakas ni Mina hehe
    I remember Simon! Siya ang mga unang LB na pumapalo sa backline 

And guys remember when Monique Tiangco and Mumay Vivas were supposed to play for NU after leaving FEU? Sabay sabay dapat sila nila Dindin. They played for NU sa VLeague. Not sure kung bakit hindi natuloy? Playing years ata for Vivas ang nagkulang while Tiangco later on transferred to La Salle Dasma.

Nakatapos na kasi ng 3rd year si Vivas sa FEU, then 2 years pa ang residency na kakain sa playing years.

So 3rd year plus 2 years of residency, ubos ang playing years ni Vivas. Si Dindin na lang ang natuloy.

Lakas ng thrash talk nila nina Morada nung NU vs FEU sa SVL.
    Hello guys. Sorry for the spam.

This is the earliest clip I could find for the old NU LB. This is the 5th set of the match vs defending champions UST during the 1st round of UAAP S73

The team line up:
    OH: Mangui, Aganon
    Opp: Nepomuceno
    MB: Sagun, Sante
    Setter: Soliven
    Libero: Reyes

You can spot CJ Rosario on the bench.

The girls stood strong vs Dimac, Ortiz, Banaticla, Caballejo and Maizo. UST won, 22-25, 25-21, 18-25, 25-20, 17-15.

Here is the link:
    https://youtu.be/pq1mwTNheWQ

Impressed ako sa rookie year ni Sante sa NU. Etong particular game na to, tumatak saken yung reaction ni Sante na natatapatan nila yung UST sa 5th set. Siya mismo hindi makapaniwala na nakakapalag na sila.
    Sayang, parang ang lakas siguro pumalo ni Ibyang ngayon kung natuloy sa Opp. no?
    With her arm span baka malakas ang swing, baka lang naman. hehe

Sa lahat ng setter experiment ni Coach Francis, si Fajardo lang talaga ang umalagwa.

Sorry Perez and Baliton.
  • angelofrancisangelofrancis Volleyball Vanguard
    Sa lahat ng setter experiment ni Coach Francis, si Fajardo lang talaga ang umalagwa.

Sorry Perez and Baliton.

He was also the guy responsible for DMAC since she came from UST highschool.

Actually for me si Coach Francis ang best Coach ng NU, lahat ng recruit nya pinakinabangan ni Gorayeb at yung nauna pa sa kanya.
    He was also the guy responsible for DMAC since she came from UST highschool.

Actually for me si Coach Francis ang best Coach ng NU, lahat ng recruit nya pinakinabangan ni Gorayeb at yung nauna pa sa kanya.

Sa pagpapalakas, si Coach Kiko talaga. I was able to witness how Jaja's spiking has transformed from the not-so-good to a great one.