Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Observation on middle class people.

jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Ang alam ko or hula ko sa middle class mas well of sila sa poor at generally mas maraming time yung mga magulang nila kaysa rich.What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• marcagcaoilimarcagcaoili PEx Rookie ⭐
    Um, parang medyo non-descript eh.
  • Mahal talaga sa Bay Area. Iyang $80,000/Year, that's before tax. Magkano after tax? Depende sa state but in more expensive states like California or NY you'd be lucky if you take home $60,000/Year. Subtract cost of living, baka 50 years na hindi mo pa maipon iyang 800K :lol: Kaya sa US, dapat nagkakayod ang tatay at nanay. Maka 80K+80K ka lang na household income plus one or two children ok na for middle class. Hindi pwedeng house-band or house-wife yung isa kundi mas mahirap pa buhay mo doon kaysa dito.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    my deep dark secret is observing middle class people with my telescope.

Body-Double-Gloria-Window-Killer.jpg
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    Puede namang "houseband/house wife"...there's teleworking naman. O kaya ANG DAMING side business you can do at home.

Obviously you can't walk away from regular paycheck right away, but if you know what you're doing a combination of small gigs + ipon ipon while you have a boss = you can at least attempt for 1 year to expand your side gigs to full time.

Esp. kung one of you are working, doable (one solid paycheck). For example kung small lang ang income ng Mrs. + child care cost...might as well take the leap siguro it's more viable to work from home (until the child is in school). If really tight, siguro part time weekend work.

The real problem lang kasi I'm gonna tell your right now is lifestyle inflation (the more you earn the more your lifestle and living standards go up).

If you're willing to tighten up the budget, pick 'kawawa' route for a little while (ie don't buy a fkcing house unless you're absolutely sure you can cover the mortgage + a good downpayment, don't buy a brand new car esp. one that is above your budget) it gives you room to try out being your own boss.

Otherwise you'll live as an employee forever (dependent on someone's graces above you).

Remember Muhammad Ali's Round 8 philosophy.

:glee:

[#]LongHauling[/#]
  • Kent_21OKent_21O Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Mahal talaga sa Bay Area. Iyang $80,000/Year, that's before tax. Magkano after tax? Depende sa state but in more expensive states like California or NY you'd be lucky if you take home $60,000/Year. Subtract cost of living, baka 50 years na hindi mo pa maipon iyang 800K :lol: Kaya sa US, dapat nagkakayod ang tatay at nanay. Maka 80K+80K ka lang na household income plus one or two children ok na for middle class. Hindi pwedeng house-band or house-wife yung isa kundi mas mahirap pa buhay mo doon kaysa dito.

In my previous company in SG, we had this one employee that I really admire for being young and dynamic on his job. He was transferred to our US office in the Bay Area in 2007. I met him last year and was surprised that after 8 years, he haven't bought a house yet. Same sentiment, almost nobody can afford a house in the Bay Area. Unless you work in Apple or Facebook.

On topic:
    Middle class people are in bottom of the totem pole. They do not have the privilege as the poor, and no influence as the rich.
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Middle class din ba kong naka tira ka sa san mateo
    1 mil daw mnga condo unit doon😂
    Ang liit na space panget pa tatlo palapag
  • This is just me, pero pag hindi ka naman kayamanan, better to just get a condo instead of a cheap house and lot. You know how it's like to live in a bad neighborhood with a substandard house? You'll have issues with questionable neighbors, the road in front of you is traversed by traffic and noisy 24/7 and you always have to deal with repairs like your roofing, wiring, water and even pests. Security is an issue pa. May nagiinuman pa dyan sa labas at minsan di mo alam sino yung mga palakad lakad dyan sa tambay.
  • mcgirl04 wrote: »
    Eto na ang middle class sa Bay Area:

$800K house

https://ap.rdcpix.com/1508872760/3ca7497be457b845458e02d097d7ef6cl-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Lower middle class $440K condo

https://ap.rdcpix.com/2063805668/614a8cadf1444cdd2e5b9505332d8ebel-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Household income of $150k a year is not enough for a decent home. Minimum is $240K so you can come up with 20% down payment on a $800k house, pay the mortgage for the next 30 years, and property taxes for as long as you own that property.

Household income of $80k a year for 3 is considered low income and you can qualify for government subsidies.

Mura!

Dito sa barrio namin tahanang middle class ay $1million ang average. Ang unit naman ay mga $650k.
    Bought this house for 280K (listed as 290K) in a nice and established neighborhood here. I like the new master planned communities in the suburbs but it is just too far from me and you have to drive 40mins to 1 hour to get to the city. House are much cheaper there .

In my current house location, I can be to 2 mini downtowns, 1 college town, 1 major downtown in less than 15 minutes. And my location is right on the Asian corridor (not a Chinatown) where most asian markets and restaurants are situated.

It has 4BR, 2.5bath and a 2-port garage. 7000 sqft lot and 1800sqft livable area.

Google Street View:
    HWwSTTMl.png

Front View:
    RjK1CcBl.jpg
    mcgirl04 wrote: »
    Nice... pag nag decide kaming umalis sa Bay Area lipat kami dyan... lol

Why not? The weather problem is overrated. You can still function here as a normal human being during the hot summer months (4 months).

5 of the best highschools in the nation are all here too. You don't need to pay extra $$$ to live in the good school district.
  • pong_padourpong_padour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kent_21O wrote: »
    Bought this house for 280K (listed as 290K) in a nice and established neighborhood here. I like the new master planned communities in the suburbs but it is just too far from me and you have to drive 40mins to 1 hour to get to the city. House are much cheaper there .

In my current house location, I can be to 2 mini downtowns, 1 college town, 1 major downtown in less than 15 minutes. And my location is right on the Asian corridor (not a Chinatown) where most asian markets and restaurants are situated.

It has 4BR, 2.5bath and a 2-port garage. 7000 sqft lot and 1800sqft livable area.

Google Street View:
    http://i.imgur.com/HWwSTTMl.png

Front View:
    http://i.imgur.com/RjK1CcBl.jpg

Nice house Kent. *okay*
  • hardrivehardrive PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kent_21O wrote: »

Google Street View:

Front View:

Nice place kent
    Thanks guys!

It's an old but re-modeled house but still old lol! So renovations and repair costs are piling up too :glee:
  • Kent_21O wrote: »

Google Street View:

Front View:

Ganda dude.
  • FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
    The houses in the major cities in the US are expensive because of blacks and latinos.

You know why?
    Its because blacks and latinos have a reputation of being neighbors from hell.

Blacks and latinos blast the radios very loudly, they throw there garbage all over the place, they commit a lot of crimes, the engage in street brawls, they draw graffiti, they dont take care of the exterior of their houses, they hang out in public places with low hanging pants and all other kinds of nuissance that contribute to the uglification of their neighborhood. Thats why nobody want to live beside them. Ok

So communities do as much as they can to block new real estate developments beside them thus creating housing shortage thus creating high prices. By blocking new developments, they prevent lowering the prices of the real estate within their vicinities, preventing the unwanteds and the undesirables from moving in. Its a very ingenious segregation tactic.

People think that the most racist cities in the US are the places with the most rednecks.

But lo and behold it is not. On the contrary, the most racist cities in America are actually cities like Boston and San Francisco, Seattle supposedly the bastion of liberalism, the house of the famous universities like Harvard, the harbinger of light. But they are not.

Did you know that Boston is considered the most racist city in the US? Because there they practice covert racism. Bostonians or San Franciscans will not call you niqqer. But inside they look down on the niqqers.

Niqqers can vote and work and go to school, but they have to make sure they don't do it in their backyards.

In the US, blacks are leaving cities like New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and are moving to Texas. Wait, Texas? But I thought Texas is full of racists.

Because in actuality liberal cities and liberals are the real racists.
    here is a video how liberals see blacks
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    Expensive because of blacks and Latinos? Is Detroit expensive? :glee:

It's actually because of white people. In the 1960-1970's (or even earlier) as blacks from segregated south moved north to work on factories, they started living in great numbers in the cities. White people starting moving out of the cities to live in suburbs.

NOW after 1990's whites are moving back in as violence dropped (despite conservative propaganda violence in America is actually at all time low, and they're actually dismantling some private prisons) and demand for closer working place to downtown soared. At the same time, liberals and activists as well as well meant (or profit minded ventures) started funding 'renovations'.

What happened next is called "gentrification" (I wrote about this on response to overhaul of traffic in Manila). Essentially as these areas become "renovated" white people started moving back in and prices go up.

Rents go up + sometimes economic pressures (mainly in crazy surge of property taxes) = minorities (who obviously on average have less means) are forced out.

Remember in the 90's (actually more like the 80's but part of the 90's as well)? Violent azz American cities started locking up minorities, and liberals started funding 'renovations' of these ugly and poor cities filled with drugs...eventually they become 'nice' and again white people move in = prices soar. :glee:

There's a good interview by NPR on a Howard University dean about gentrification in DC. Almost everyone I know who lived in DC or Maryland in that area, said that in 80-90's DC was a black town filled with drugs and violence (why I think what he said was pretty accurate). The dean said that Howard was damned if they do or they don't. They did (ie they helped fund renovations of surrounding areas). Now it's too expensive for black people to live in that area. :glee:

Howard Univeristy is the most well known "black college" in America.

:glee:

[#]GentriFriedChicken[/#]
  • marcagcaoilimarcagcaoili PEx Rookie ⭐
    kittenz wrote: »
    This is how I see myself

As an anthroforum member, I somehow have my doubts that she's 25% black. If that were the case, at least one of her parents would be black. Maybe she took the crap DNA test that said that Larry David was 37% Native American.
  • jeganrrjeganrr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I will up this thread.