Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

The Real Format of Masa Stations

sirmacsirmac PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
I hope I'd be fine to post this question here. What is the real format carried by masa stations like Love Radio, Star FM, Energy FM & the likes? :hmm:

According to Sir Jay:
Perhaps, although I believe another term is "MOR" or Middle of the Road. Since stations like Love, YES, etc. also play more modern pop tracks, Hot AC may be too "limiting" to describe their format.

According to a DJ of Home Radio:
HOT AC is their format cause this is how it goes first 3 songs current-despacito then re-current - moves like jagger then stinger tapos mag medium sila ng air supply,bon jovi,elton john

LOVE RADIO AND YES are not MOR format station para syang jack fm we play anything example star fm chopsuey

Is it close to Hot AC or MOR? I'm pretty confused.

Comments

• James Ty IIIJames Ty III PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Easy Rock, for me, falls under this distinction even though their DJs speak English.
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Adult contemporary is their main format but yun nga over the years the format took a backseat sa personality ng station but the core of their music is still mainly Hot AC

Yes though with their reformat CHR-Hot AC hybrid na
  • sirmacsirmac PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Based on what I searched, there are 2 types of MOR. The usual MOR which plays beautiful music. And the contemporary MOR:
    In recent years, the term "middle of the road" has been used pejoratively by genre-specific music aficionados to describe musicians who avoid "edgy" (innovative) material, and who calibrate their musical appeal to commercial, popular musical taste. Artists such as Westlife and Train are considered middle-of-the-road musicians. Moreover, MOR has been used to pejoratively describe a musical band's creative and commercial progress from the innovative path to the tried-and-true-pop-catalogue path.

Still confused. :hmm:
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Format?

More like GARBAGE to me...good-looking studio-hyped half-breed Pinoys singing bad cover versions of Western tracks without bothering to pay royalties to composers.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ to be fair.. parang puro original composition na ang naririnig ko. kaso puro basura lols.

sa probinsya.. madalas ang cover versions