Aladdin (May 2019)

gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited October 2018 in International Movies
Director: Guy Ritchie

Writer: John August and Vanessa Taylor

Cast: Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, and Will Smith

Years ago, Disney was reportedly working on a Genie spinoff movie, but it appears they might have opted to go a different route with a straight-up Aladdin remake. Sherlock Holmes and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. director Guy Ritchie is set to take the helm, and he’s got good company in Big Fish scribe John August. Disney cast a wide net for newcomers of Middle Eastern descent to fill the lead roles, as producer Dan Lin previously revealed that the film won’t be pulling a Prince of Persia and is going after non-white actors for the leads. Oh, and it’s a musical, so the casting search was difficult but they landed on relative newcomer Mena Massoud for Aladdin and Power Rangers actress Naomi Scott for Jasmine. As for casting Genie, Disney cast Will Smith after Kevin Hart reportedly passed.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

BELOVED TALE COMES ALIVE IN FIRST TRAILER OF DISNEY’S “ALADDIN”

Walt Disney Pictures has revealed the teaser trailer for “Aladdin,” the live-action adaptation of the studio’s animated classic.  

Check out the trailer below and watch “Aladdin” in Philippine cinemas May 2019.

About “Alladin”

“Aladdin” is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future. Directed by Guy Ritchie, who brings his singular flair for fast-paced, visceral action to the fictitious port city of Agrabah, the film is written by John August and Ritchie based on Disney’s “Aladdin.”

“Aladdin” stars Will Smith as the larger-than-life Genie; Mena Massoud as the charming scoundrel Aladdin; Naomi Scott as Jasmine, the beautiful, self-determined princess; Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, the powerful sorcerer; Navid Negahban as the Sultan concerned with his daughter’s future; Nasim Pedrad as Dalia, Princess Jasmine’s free-spirited best friend and confidante; Billy Magnussen as the handsome and arrogant suitor Prince Anders; and Numan Acar as Hakim, Jafar’s right-hand man and captain of the palace guards.

The film is produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich with Marc Platt and Kevin De La Noy serving as executive producers. Alan Menken provides the score, which includes new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and lyricists Howard Ashman and Tim Rice and two new songs written by Menken and songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.

The film, which was shot on practical stages in London and on location amidst the stunning desert vistas of Jordan, has a talented creative team helping to bring Agrabah to life, including: director of photography Alan Stewart, production designer Gemma Jackson and costume designer Michael Wilkinson.

• Aya_AlexaAya_Alexa Vision of Perfection PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • pabziclespabzicles Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Grammy Special Look
  • audreyjaneaudreyjane ♡ PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Disney's Aladdin - Special Look: In Theaters May 24

Disney's Aladdin Official Trailer - In Theaters May 24!

#Aladdin2019
  • SummerHazeSummerHaze PExer
    edited March 13
    It's gonna be cool movie! Can't wait to watch it, thanks for the info!

ZAYN, Zhavia Ward - A Whole New World (End Title) (From "Aladdin"/Official Video)

• NalaGidaNalaGida PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited May 12
    I've been playing the music video on repeat. It's so magical <3 super excited for the film :) 
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Rotten tomatoes:  59% 😔
  • pollywogpollywog ...just because PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nawala yung "magic" nung animated version.

• Aya_AlexaAya_Alexa Vision of Perfection PEx Guru ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Watched the movie earlier and ok lang naman siya saakin. hindi naman niya binaboy yung original, they were still pretty loyal to the animated film. I really enjoyed it especially the Prince Ali and Friend Like Me parts. the visuals are really nice during those performance. Last Full Show na and halos puno yung cinema, pila pa kami pumasok kanina. and mukang everyone enjoyed it din naman. it was pretty fun kasi we were singing in the cinema lalo na during the A Whole New World part.

Yung medyo off saakin, yung new song na Speechless. kasi compared to the rest of the music it sounds too, hmm "modern"? i guess. basta parang hindi siya nag fit sa overall feel nung movie imo. although Naomi Scott did a wonderful performance.

Despite the initial issue with Will Smith i can say he did a good job and gave the Genie role justice. I liked his version of the Genie, he retained the extra personality and then more. meh lang ako sa love story angle. :lol:
  • NalaGidaNalaGida PEx Rookie ⭐
    I enjoyed watching it with my niece especially when we sang along with the songs. Actors did a great job, will smith's character was entertaining to watch all throughout the movie haha I'd still choose the animated version but this is a nice film to watch with your family :) 
  • burburburbur ...raot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    8.5/10

Tumayo balahibo ko sa mga kanta para akong bumalik sa pagkabata na kahit mali-mali mga lyrics ko nakakasabay ako hehe lalo na yung Prince Ali song :lol: Sana magkaron din ng Return of Jafar.
  • jbpink87jbpink87 Mailap ang Kinse PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Watch it with my mom, niece and nephew, maganda naman, almost the same sa animated movie dati but with modern touch.. Naomi is... :heart:
  • burburburbur ...raot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Maganda rin yung pagkakakanta ni Will Smith dito.

• crazy legscrazy legs Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mas maganda yung A Whole New World version ni Mori at Darren.

But movie is good.  Jazmin is hot.
  • scout_yellowscout_yellow Sing! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This version is fun and enjoyable. Of course, the original is still better. But I really enjoyed this one. It gradually got better as the movie progressed. And the leads are not bad. The only real downside is the casting of Jafar. 
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Aladdin grossed 212 million pesos over 6 days

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file