Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

What is your Filipino Fine Dining menu?

gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Have you tried fine dining and havent you wondered why Filipino cuisine never made a mark in the fine dining market? The nearest we have come to fine dining are the chinese lauriat courses.

if you were to start a Filipino fine dining restaurant, what would be your 9 to 11 course menu?
  • First Course — Hors d'oeuvre
  • Second Course — Soups
  • Third Course — Fish
  • Fourth Course — Entrées
  • Fifth Course — Removes
  • Sixth Course — Punch or Sorbet
  • Seventh Course — Roast
  • Eighth Course — Salad
  • Ninth Course — Cold Dish
  • Tenth Course — Sweet
  • Eleventh Course — Dessert
  • After Dinner

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    OMG (Oh My Gulay) ..... do tell me nobody here has eaten in a fine dining establishment? kahit chinese lauriat man lang???

mods,

thanks for posting this thread.
  • ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You're just not the right person to discuss fine dining with, Buddy.
    oh come on. why not put your money where your mouth is.

not unless you believe there are no Filipino dish worth serving in a 9-11 course meal.
    Lauriat hardly fits into a French haute cusine format, for one. I'll take my money out when you've cleared the confusion.
    Lauriat is Chinese and not French but the only things different with it are the rice dish and the absence of alcoholic drink. it starts with appetizers and soup and ends with dessert and tea. oh yes, they also use chopsticks unlike the French.
    Then I will say that there's a Filipino equivalent dish to practically every Spanish or southern French dish that goes into an 11-course meal (except maybe recipes that call for truffles and caviar, and the type and quality of grapa.)
    ^ then, post your Filipino fine dining menu instead of trolling this thread.
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    First Course — Hors d'oeuvre - ensaladang paco
    Second Course — Soups - sinigng na ulo sa miso - soup
    Third Course — Fish - sinigang na ulo sa miso - maya maya head
    Fourth Course — Entrées - hamonado
    Fifth Course — Removes - arroz valenciana
    Sixth Course — Punch or Sorbet - frozen guyabano
    Seventh Course — Roast - morcon
    Eighth Course — Salad simplee cucumber and tomato salad
    Ninth Course — Cold Dish - apahap mayonesa
    Tenth Course — Sweet - tocino del cielo
    Eleventh Course — Dessert - canonigo
    After Dinner - mango rhum or kalamansi liquor
    One shot of marca demonyo with ice, Coke, and lemon peel
    1. raw oyster vinegar and onions, resting on ice
    2. soup of clarified beef papait
    3. shrimp with aliqui
    4. pork cabbage rolls
    5. chicken puting adobo
    6. kasag thermidor
    7. pork loin asado
    8. lettuce and baby tomatoes with sukang iloco and olive oil
    9. pickled eggs with slices of mangoes and sugar beets
    10. pata paksiw
    11. ripe mango slices in a glass, topped with two scoops of mango ice cream

ripe dalandan taken with Coke
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    parang mas maarap lung sabay sabay.
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Have you tried fine dining and havent you wondered why Filipino cuisine never made a mark in the fine dining market? The nearest we have come to fine dining are the chinese lauriat courses.

if you were to start a Filipino fine dining restaurant, what would be your 9 to 11 course menu?
    • First Course — Hors d'oeuvre
    • Second Course — Soups
    • Third Course — Fish
    • Fourth Course — Entrées
    • Fifth Course — Removes
    • Sixth Course — Punch or Sorbet
    • Seventh Course — Roast
    • Eighth Course — Salad
    • Ninth Course — Cold Dish
    • Tenth Course — Sweet
    • Eleventh Course — Dessert
    • After Dinner

Sounds pretentious, but alright. Let's give it a try.

1. Lumpiang Shanghai
    2. Sinigang sa miso with clams.
    3. Steamed Lapu-lapu with spring onions and light soy sauce
    4. Pancit Palabok
    5. I dunno what the f removes are, I guess I'll go for Stuffed Squid
    6. melon (cantaloupe) sorbet
    7. Lechon baboy/baka/kambing. My golly. Mga Pinoy kayo and you forgot about lechon. Shame~!
    8. sea grapes with roasted eggplant and pako
    9. tenga ng baboy with onions and chillies. Kung Muslim yung guest he can skip the meal. Lol. Puwede rin shrimps with cream and fruit cocktail.
    10. Buchi with ube inside
    11. Kapampangan Halo-Halo
    i think a 11-course fine dining should be a celebration of the variety of the Filipino palatte.

Removes is actually the main dish. It can be anything but it must be hefty.

thanks for posting.

ka_deniz wrote: »
    First Course — Hors d'oeuvre - ensaladang paco
    Second Course — Soups - sinigng na ulo sa miso - soup
    Third Course — Fish - sinigang na ulo sa miso - maya maya head

Fourth Course — Entrées - hamonado
    Fifth Course — Removes - arroz valenciana *okay*
    Sixth Course — Punch or Sorbet - frozen guyabano *okay*
    Seventh Course — Roast - morcon *okay*
    Eighth Course — Salad simplee cucumber and tomato salad
    Ninth Course — Cold Dish - apahap mayonesa
    Tenth Course — Sweet - tocino del cielo

Eleventh Course — Dessert - canonigo
    After Dinner - mango rhum or kalamansi liquor

two sinigang following each other is questionable plus it is difficult to eat sinigang na ulo with a soup spoon.

apahap - napa-google ako dito.
    why no make it sorbet punch instead of just punch or sorbet.:alcoholic:
    tocino del cielo = custard cake
    is canonigo a filipino dish. i havent encountered this. mirengue cake yes but canonigo no.
    mango rum *okay* by destileria limtuaco

ach_choo wrote: »
    One shot of marca demonyo with ice, Coke, and lemon peel
    1. raw oyster vinegar and onions, resting on ice
    2. soup of clarified beef papait *okay*
    3. shrimp with aliqui *okay*
    4. pork cabbage rolls
    5. chicken puting adobo
    6. kasag thermidor
    7. pork loin asado
    8. lettuce and baby tomatoes with sukang iloco and olive oil
    9. pickled eggs with slices of mangoes and sugar beets
    10. pata paksiw
    11. ripe mango slices in a glass, topped with two scoops of mango ice cream

ripe dalandan taken with Coke

kasag ..... google google. is this a filipino dish? can some enlighten us if thermidor is a Filipino dish?

adobo, asado, and paksiw is like having the same dish again and again. the tenth dish should be dessert like.

mango on mango is too redundant.

i never though soda can be included in a fine dining menu. marami naman pwedeng i-hananda na Filipino 'after dinner' drink kasya soda. let me guess, RC, Sarsi or Zesto cola?

nice try. wanna give it another shot?

crocopie wrote: »
    Sounds pretentious, but alright. Let's give it a try.

1. Lumpiang Shanghai
    2. Sinigang sa miso with clams. *okay*
    3. Steamed Lapu-lapu with spring onions and light soy sauce
    4. Pancit Palabok
    5. I dunno what the f removes are, I guess I'll go for Stuffed Squid *okay*
    6. melon (cantaloupe) sorbet *okay*
    7. Lechon baboy/baka/kambing. My golly. Mga Pinoy kayo and you forgot about lechon. Shame~!
    8. sea grapes with roasted eggplant and pako *okay*
    9. tenga ng baboy with onions and chillies. Kung Muslim yung guest he can skip the meal. Lol. Puwede rin shrimps with cream and fruit cocktail.
    10. Buchi with ube inside
    11. Kapampangan Halo-Halo

i think lechon is too pretentious especially if you will serve it for just 2-4 persons. the rest of the lechon will go to waste unless it is a cochinillo or pork belly roast.

what no strong beverage to wash your palatte?
  • Empire&GraceEmpire&Grace PEx Rookie ⭐
    This sounds fun! Here´s my attempt at making a menu:

First Course — Hors d'oeuvre - smoked kinilaw na tuna served in spoons ( I want a hint of that smoked/sinugba flavor in my kinilaw, perhaps add dried, smoked discs of sinugba meat as accent)
    Second Course — Soups - Inabraw with wild mushrooms (this is an ilocano dish. Basically stewed vegetables with okra, mallunggay leaves, tomatoes, and squash, and during the rainy season, with wild mushrooms. It is usually very chunky with vegetables, but I´d make this smooth, if possible, almost clear, with pieces of the wild mushrooms the only solid parts in the soup)
    Third Course — Fish - Pinaputok na tilapia, but not served whole, instead I want it to be just a square or two of tilapia that´s in cubes, sort of the way Mesa serves it. It should be served with a relish of mustard greens.
    Fourth Course — Entrées - Crispy Bellychon (maybe 1-2 super thin, liempo-thin, rounds per serving) with a trio of sauces: Adobo, KBL (kamatis, fish bagoong, lazona), pureed gata con bagoong sauce
    Fifth Course — Sinigang Cup: A small concentrated sinigang cup with a square of seared pork and one shelled but headless shrimp
    Sixth Course — Calamansi Mint Sorbet - an icy twist on a mojito or even a simple green mango ice in a shooter glass
    Seventh Course — Roast - Squid with mango relish
    Eighth Course — Salad - pako with kamatis and itlog na maalat
    Ninth Course — Cold Dish - A slice of light embutido-- made of chicken instead of pork. Cold, but I want it seared fast with a blowtorch before serving, so it´s cold underneath but a caramelized crust is formed
    Tenth Course — Sweet - Fresh Mangoes, drizzled with the extracted essence of sweet sticky rice and muscovado.
    Eleventh Course — Dessert - small two-bite squares of ube flan, caramelized camote (camote que), sylvannas
    After Dinner -- dark malagos chocolate (72%) squares
    i have to be honest about this one. Filipino cuisine lacks Cold dishes.

good work on the 9th course: Embotido. it is a real Filipino dish cold dish.

This sounds fun! Here´s my attempt at making a menu:

First Course — Hors d'oeuvre - smoked kinilaw na tuna served in spoons ( I want a hint of that smoked/sinugba flavor in my kinilaw, perhaps add dried, smoked discs of sinugba meat as accent)

Second Course — Soups - Inabraw with wild mushrooms (this is an ilocano dish. Basically stewed vegetables with okra, mallunggay leaves, tomatoes, and squash, and during the rainy season, with wild mushrooms. It is usually very chunky with vegetables, but I´d make this smooth, if possible, almost clear, with pieces of the wild mushrooms the only solid parts in the soup) *okay*

Third Course — Fish - Pinaputok na tilapia, but not served whole, instead I want it to be just a square or two of tilapia that´s in cubes, sort of the way Mesa serves it. It should be served with a relish of mustard greens. *okay*

Fourth Course — Entrées - Crispy Bellychon (maybe 1-2 super thin, liempo-thin, rounds per serving) with a trio of sauces: Adobo, KBL (kamatis, fish bagoong, lazona), pureed gata con bagoong sauce

Fifth Course — Sinigang Cup: A small concentrated sinigang cup with a square of seared pork and one shelled but headless shrimp

Sixth Course — Calamansi Mint Sorbet - an icy twist on a mojito or even a simple green mango ice in a shooter glass *okay*

Seventh Course — Roast - Squid with mango relish

Eighth Course — Salad - pako with kamatis and itlog na maalat *okay*

Ninth Course — Cold Dish - A slice of light embutido-- made of chicken instead of pork. Cold, but I want it seared fast with a blowtorch before serving, so it´s cold underneath but a caramelized crust is formed *okay**okay*

Tenth Course — Sweet - Fresh Mangoes, drizzled with the extracted essence of sweet sticky rice and muscovado. *okay*

Eleventh Course — Dessert - small two-bite squares of ube flan, caramelized camote (camote que), sylvannas *okay*
    After Dinner -- dark malagos chocolate (72%) squares

great

bellycon is claimed by Cebuano to be authentic provincial dish but if you been to Ceb during the past century, there was no bellycon there. th real Cebu lechon is a sucking pig stuffed with paella. bellycon started in the late 90's with Cibo then it caught on. Cibo is an Italian inspired restuarant. our bellycon is actually an Italian dish calle porchetta.

but if embotido is to be served as a cold dish, it shouldnt be heated, nonetheless, great selection. it has representations of various regional cuisines plus extra attention with the side ingredients.
    "kasag" is cebuano for alimasag. A so-called thermidor simply entails stuffing the crab meat into the outer shell and baking it with a little of the liquor to intensify the taste.

there's nothing wrong with including two or even three "sour" dishes. they're distinct.

Aha! you havent tried it! the usual fruit-ice combo is banana-chocolate ice, or strawberry with vanilla ice. now get a nice water glass with stem. scoop one half of a sliced mango and then top that with good mango ice cream (don't compress.) nothing else is needed. just chill the glass in the freezer for a few minutes. it's incredible, i promise.

fizzy drinks isn't so different from beer or champagne. you don't have to limit yourself to white, red, claret, and port/brandy. coke just goes well with oranges and other citrus is all.
  • etxeteraetxetera PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Fusion Dishes ang dapat dito kung purely Pinoy na basta masarap at madaming mainit na kanin pang karinderya talaga :lol:

First Course — Hors d'oeuvre – Adobo flakes ala Mesa na served in spoons
    Second Course — Soups – Mutya ng Cavite (Seafood Bouillabaisse)
    Third Course — Fish – Sinuglaw( sinugba and kinilaw)
    Fourth Course — Entrées – Fresh Spring Roll of Ube, Ubod, Carrot and Dragon Fruit with peanut sauce
    Fifth Course — Beef Kenchi and Puso ng Saging Sinigang with Achuete
    Sixth Course — Dayap Sorbet
    Seventh Course — Roast – Stuffed Bellychon
    Eighth Course — Salad - ripe mango, cucumber and salted egg salad
    Ninth Course — Cold Dish – Fresh shelled seafood???
    Tenth Course — Sweet – cassava cake with macapuno and kaong
    Eleventh Course — Dessert – ube and leche flan turon in mango sauce with banana chips crisp
    After Dinner – civet coffee or tsokolateng tablea
    MENU 1

First Course — Hors d'oeuvre
    Vigan Empanada
    - Ilocos Sur
    julienne unripe papaya, vigan saugage, fresh egg, and garlic deep fried in annatto seed dough to be served with sweet sukang ilioko

Second Course — Soups
    Bamboo Bouillabaisse
    - Pampanga
    tulya boiled in bamboo with julienne bamboo soot, carrots, garlic and onions; and chicken eye leaves

Third Course — Fish
    Buttered Filleted Maliputo
    - Batangas
    fresh water mulso fish fillet, seared, served with pickled papaya and vegetables

Fourth Course — Entrées
    Binalot na Batok
    - Cavite
    Banana wrapped rice centered with adobo beef chuck (back of the neck), bell peppers, cucumber, heart of banana, and salted egg. edible flowers on the side like blue nasturtium, madre de cacao, pumpkin and tamarind. the waiter will open the banana wrapper for the guest.

Fifth Course — Removes
    Tatus
    - Batanes
    steamed coconut crab with dried fish flakes, fresh arius berries and poached okra, puhug, pumpkin, radish, and sweet potato. sauces are reduced arius liquor, lumot with sesame oil and melted butter with garlic and calamansi. the waiter will crack the tatus for the guest.

Sixth Course — Punch or Sorbet
    Lambanog Coconut Sherbet
    - Bulacan
    deep cocktail glass with 1/2 gigger palm wine covered with pure coconut juice sherbet with chunky coconut and dayap zest and rock salt topping

Seventh Course — Roast
    Chicken Inasal
    - Ilo-Ilo
    grilled spring chicken halves roasted in lemon grass leaves served with fresh cherry tomato, and toasted garlic. sauce: chili toyomansi dip and annatto oil.

Eighth Course — Salad
    Mango Medley
    - Zambales
    tossed sour and semi-ripe mangoes, bread fruit, capers, chayote, romaine lettuce, shallot, and topped with ripe mangoes. lemon meringue stick on the side

Ninth Course — Cold Dish
    Lumpiang Ubod
    - Manila
    heart of coconut, shrimp, tofu, and vegetable rice wrapper spring roll with 3 sauces like garlic in reduced balsamic vinegar, crushed peanut in muscovado sauce and guava jam with chill flakes. tuna skin on the side.

Tenth Course — Sweet
    Ube Mcapuno Cake
    - Manila
    no need for explanation ........... bsta tulad nun red ribbon noon!!

Eleventh Course — Dessert
    Antipolo Express
    - Rizal
    mango ice cream on cashew nut crumble, rice rolls and dried jackfruit covered in dark chocolate. to be eaten accordingly

After Dinner
    Salabat
    - Bagiuo
    a pot of hot turmeric ginger tea with dayap slice]/i]
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    speaking of chinese lauriat..

in shanghai, talk about wasteful. when you sit down, there will already be 6 dishes on the table waiting for you as appetizer.

then in comes the dishes, and it'll atleast be 6 more.

since sobrang daming pagkain, daming naiiwan sa mesa, and iiwan lang din nila, so tinatapos lang ng resto. lol
    etxetera wrote: »
    Fusion Dishes ang dapat dito kung purely Pinoy na basta masarap at madaming mainit na kanin pang karinderya talaga :lol:

First Course — Hors d'oeuvre – Adobo flakes ala Mesa na served in spoons
    Second Course — Soups – Mutya ng Cavite (Seafood Bouillabaisse) *okay*
    Third Course — Fish – Sinuglaw( sinugba and kinilaw)
    Fourth Course — Entrées – Fresh Spring Roll of Ube, Ubod, Carrot and Dragon Fruit with peanut sauce *okay*
    Fifth Course — Beef Kenchi and Puso ng Saging Sinigang with Achuete
    Sixth Course — Dayap Sorbet
    Seventh Course — Roast – Stuffed Bellychon
    Eighth Course — Salad - ripe mango, cucumber and salted egg salad
    Ninth Course — Cold Dish – Fresh shelled seafood???
    Tenth Course — Sweet – cassava cake with macapuno and kaong
    Eleventh Course — Dessert – ube and leche flan turon in mango sauce with banana chips crisp *okay*
    After Dinner – civet coffee or tsokolateng tablea

ripe or semi ripe mangoes. ripe mangoes are mushy.

speaking of chinese lauriat..

in shanghai, talk about wasteful. when you sit down, there will already be 6 dishes on the table waiting for you as appetizer.

then in comes the dishes, and it'll atleast be 6 more.

since sobrang daming pagkain, daming naiiwan sa mesa, and iiwan lang din nila, so tinatapos lang ng resto. lol

it really depends on the establishment. at Gloria Maris, the food is served one after another and they will take the empty dish off the table. the waiter will personally put the food on your dish. if there are extra food left, it is the only time they will leave it on the table.
  • etxeteraetxetera PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ripe or semi ripe mangoes. ripe mangoes are mushy.
    I like it ripe but over overripe. Yung tama lang para nag-aagaw ang alat at tamis habang binabalanse ng cucumber :D