COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Maybank Pilipinas : Deposits

piquanteyepiquanteye Member ✭✭✭✭
  • Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank) acquires 60% equity stake in PNB Republic Bank, renames the bank MAYBANK PHILIPPINES, INC. (MPI) and takes over its management
  • MPI pursues massive rehabilitation program entailing expensive computerization, progressive branch refurbishment and critical business development activities
  • Maybank buys PNB's remaining shareholdings in MPI to increase ownership stake to 99.6%

Comments

• Why I chose Maybank?

1. For time deposit. I can apply both personal and online.
    2. No withdrawal charge for Maybank ATMs in Singapore and Malaysia
    3. As a standby account since it's near the place where I work. I could easily access.
    4. Online banking. Even my time deposit accounts are linked.

I just hope they could have an ATM with Mastercard or Visa logo so that it could also be used internationally.

:love:
  • MiggsCraigMiggsCraig Member PExer
    Maybank will be launching Visa and Mastercard Credit Cards by Oct. 2012.
  • freelancer_babefreelancer_babe Member ✭✭✭
    RINOABREA wrote: »
    2. No withdrawal charge for Maybank ATMs in Singapore and Malaysia

This is great for people who frequently visit Singapore and Malaysia.

Pwede na yung value Savings account nila na P500 lang ang minimum maintaining balance.

Do you know also if this bank's ATM charges P200 every withdrawal for international/foreign debit cards? And the maximum amount that their ATM can dispense per withdrawal?
  • RINOABREARINOABREA Ganda D
    MiggsCraig wrote: »

Noooooooooooooo!! haha.. another temptation for me..... control.... control.. ..:rotflmao:
    This is great for people who frequently visit Singapore and Malaysia.

Pwede na yung value Savings account nila na P500 lang ang minimum maintaining balance.

Yup. That's what I used when I went to Malaysia. I just bought RM500 from BPI as initial pocket money and made withdrawals from their ATMs after I arrived there last June. And this is also what I'm gonna bring on my trip to Singapore next year.

I just had a bit of difficulty understanding the Maybank ATM at the KL airport because it was in Bahasa Malaysia. It was a couple of minutes when I found the English option (and I was kind of embarrassed because the queue waiting for me was getting longer.. haha).

And most, if not all, of Maybank ATMs in Malaysia are touchscreen, unlike most of the local ATMs here which have buttons on the sides of the screen. Some, if not all, Maybank ATMs in the Philippines are also touchscreen. :love:
  • johnski_07johnski_07 Lakwatsero!
    may credit card na nga ba ang maybank? may tumawag sakin nung friday at naapproved daw ako sa platinum card nila. hindi naman ako nag-apply ng cc sa kanila.
  • SuperOnyxSuperOnyx Member ✭✭✭
    Na-launch na ang credit card nila pero sa branches pa lang pwede mag-apply for now according to customer service.

Founding members get waived annual fees for life.

Here's the application form: http://www.maybank2u.com.ph/MpiBank/Maybank_CreditCard_App_form.pdf
  • rhaps00rhaps00 Member PExer
    onyx na apply? so paano ba ito? ifax yung application or submit sa branch? clarify ko lang, upon checking sa application form, may 1k na AF
  • SuperOnyxSuperOnyx Member ✭✭✭
    ^Submit to branch po. According to the agent I talked to, if you apply before October 31 you have a chance to become a Founding Member which has the privilege of waived annual fee for life.
  • marlowe1701marlowe1701 Member PExer
    MiggsCraig wrote: »

wow thats good news!!!!! pwede ba application online?????
    @superonyx, yup yun nga ang sabi sakin nung tumawag na magiging founding member daw ako at waived annual fee for life. pero hindi naman ako nag-apply sa kanila... ewan ko lang kung saan nila nakuha info ko...
  • rhaps00rhaps00 Member PExer
    yung SM ba tumatanggap ng bills payment ng maybank, kasi pag hindi, ayoko ko na pag apply. :rotflmao: at anu ba yung itsura ng card nila?
  • MiggsCraigMiggsCraig Member PExer
    wow thats good news!!!!! pwede ba application online?????

you have to submit application through maybank branches at the moment
  • appie27appie27 Member PExer
    may tumawag sa akin kanina na may credit card daw ako sa kanila dahil daw sa hsbc credit card ko. waived for life na daw *** annual fee. yung photocopy ng valid id at signature ko dadaanan na lang daw sa office namin. so bago palang pala yung credit card nila..
  • ZeantickZeantick Member ✭✭
    I do hope they also implement those Waived annual fee's they offer in Malaysia. Might apply for this.
  • missbebzmissbebz Member PExer
    Ako rin inapply nung agent sa credit card ng MayBank. Requirement para maapprove daw dapat may existing CC na for one year.

Anyway, kwento ko lang.. Kanina at 8:30AM may pumunta sa condo taga-MayBank para mag-C.I. Nagulat lang ako kasi pinupuntahan pala talaga nila sa bahay para mag-C.I. HAHAHA
    ^talagang may pumupunta para mag C.I? wow... hehehe. :)
  • marlowe1701marlowe1701 Member PExer
    pumunta ako sa BGC branch ng maybank kahapon to inquire regarding their cc, pero bakit ganun di alam ng branch na may credit card na silang ni launched?
  • missbebzmissbebz Member PExer
    ^ Baka hindi pa sila informed. Bago lang kasi.
    I'd be more excited if they offered international debit cards same as the ones in their Malaysia counterpart. I like the design of their cards. :love:

http://maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/public/personalDetail04.do?channelId=CRD-Cards&cntTypeId=0&cntKey=CRD03.03&programId=CRD03-DebitCards&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/CRD-Cards

Btw, for those interested in applying for their credit cards, you may now download the application online then probably just drop by any branch and give it to the bank reps.

http://www.maybank2u.com.ph/MpiBank/Maybank_CreditCard_App_form.pdf

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file