SBA Sterling Bank of Asia : Deposits

piquanteyepiquanteye Member ✭✭✭✭
We beat for you.

Sterling Bank of Asia started formal banking operations on March 30, 2007 in response to the government’s mandate to create a specialized financial institutions that would support the development and growth of the small and medium enterprise sector.

The Bank is principally owned by the JTKC Equities, Inc., Surewell Equities, Inc. and Star Equities, Inc. The JTKC Group of Companies include, among others, The Discovery Leisure Company, The Mansion Group, TKC Steel, Coal Asia Holdings, Inc., JTKC Land, Inc. Kent Floor, and iRemit. Surewell Equities,Inc., on the other hand, is a holding company with interests in various companies, among which are, Confed Properties, Inc., I-Remit Inc., Flexi-Woods, Inc., Banwood Construction Center and Six Alps Corp.

Sterling Bank of Asia’s value proposition is to offer a unique and professional brand of service to its customers - “Professional Banking with a Heart” - as depicted by the Bank’s heart-shaped logo. In all of its business lines, the Bank aims to customize solutions and execute these with the highest service levels.

Given the intense competition in the industry and the growing demands of customers, the Bank will strive to be the bank-of-choice for its clients by consciously nurturing its values in the pursuit of service excellence. The Bank knows that it is a special kind of service – the “different beat” – which will distinguish it from the other banks.

Comments

• monarchrisingmonarchrising Better in Person PExer
    That's the new bank sa may Ayala Avenue. Okay ba dun? Thanks!
  • bulatawbulataw Member PExer
    anymore info about the bank?
    interest rates?
  • knnknn Member PExer
    May double your money in 5 years siya?
  • metropolitanmetropolitan the truth hurts, does it? ✭✭✭
    i've also seen this bank however wala akong masyadong makuhang info. walang website, wala ding ads sa newspapers.
  • business_guybusiness_guy Member ✭✭
    Yes BPI sold it to a 'Tiu' Family, but for your information and guidance, again, BPI has nothing to with Sterling Bank of Asia, Inc....
    Just a reminding lang po uli. Yes I know that you never did say that. Yun lang....
    By the way, ang dami nilang branch na pinapatayo sa may Chinatown....
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Mukhang masyado silang mahiyain. :) Not a single person's name is mentioned in that webpage.
  • r8gofangelr8gofangel Mesmerized PExer
    mr. tiu used to be one of the stockholders of ibank. karamihan ng employees ng sterling were ibankers. quite an aggressive bank.. i've heard nagmamarket na mga sales officers nyan kahit ginagawa pa lang ang mga branches nila.....:hmm:
  • sterlingbankersterlingbanker coffee cup conversations PExer
    Hope this is not too late.
    Sterling Bank of Asia is a new local savings bank. It is principally owned by the Tiu family through the JTKC Group of companies.
    We're aggressively growing in the market, as we now have 6 fully operational branches to serve the public in metro manila. Our main branch is located at the G/F of the SSS-Makati Building along Ayala Avenue corner V.A. Rufino. We have three branches in Downtown Manila - San Fernando, Ongpin and Masangkay. We also have branches in Greenhills and Valenzuela.
    If you take time to look at our website, we've put a little more info in it. But, I would like to ask that you bear with us as the site is still a work in progress.
  • coldrockstercoldrockster Member PExer
    Hope this is not too late.
    Sterling Bank of Asia is a new local savings bank. It is principally owned by the Tiu family through the JTKC Group of companies.
    We're aggressively growing in the market, as we now have 6 fully operational branches to serve the public in metro manila. Our main branch is located at the G/F of the SSS-Makati Building along Ayala Avenue corner V.A. Rufino. We have three branches in Downtown Manila - San Fernando, Ongpin and Masangkay. We also have branches in Greenhills and Valenzuela.
    If you take time to look at our website, we've put a little more info in it. But, I would like to ask that you bear with us as the site is still a work in progress.

Hi, I heard that Sterling Bank is offering 3% per month, making it 36% month per year investment. Is this true?
  • todjikidtodjikid Member PExer
    woah, that's big. I should perhaps move my TDs here just in case.
  • --SuperBoy----SuperBoy-- Manunulat PExer
    whoa, totoba ba ito? 3% per month? kung totoo to san ang mga branches nila?
  • lance7lance7 Member PExer
    do they have an email address where i can send my resume?
  • RLboyRLboy Member ✭✭✭
    What do you guys think of this bank?
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member ✭✭✭✭
    chris tiu will become president of this bank one day
    unless of course they sell it earlier
  • leela1025leela1025 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I heard that Sterling Bank is offering 3% per month, making it 36% month per year investment. Is this true?

annual lagi ang interest rates. hindi papayag ang BSP with this kind of interest rates. kahit nga yung nagsarang legacy, 20% annual lang sila, which means roughly 1.6% lang a month.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    "whoa, totoba ba ito? 3% per month? kung totoo to san ang mga branches nila?"

"woah, that's big. I should perhaps move my TDs here just in case."

"May double your money in 5 years siya?"

people like these are why Legacy is able to rake in billions of pesos.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan the truth hurts, does it? ✭✭✭
    the PDIC amendment that seeks to increase deposit coverage also gives the PDIC the power to decide which bank products are insurable or not. it is likely that high interest products may not be covered once the law is passed (if not signed to law by now).
  • bluesoda00bluesoda00 Salamat po!!! PExer
    they have a website. and i have a savings account with them (ortigas branch). 1.5%, no maintaining balance. although tinest ko yung advertisement nila na nasa website na you have a cup of brewed hot coffee served habang you do your opening with them (meron **** silang coffee area) pero nung time ko wala. tpos medyo di pa maayos customer service nila nung time na nagopen ako. what i did was emailed a letter of concern na nakapost dun sa website. kinabukasan i had an answer coming from one of the VPs apologizing and then nung kinahapunan, yung branch manager naman ang tumawag. that was a year ago, ngayon improved na sila except yung kape - di ko pa din natitikman. hehe... pero ok dito compared sa metrobank at allied bank na both may savings ako at .75% lang interest. they have na din debit card which was just rcently launched and has plans of buying a bank na 'clean' whatever that means...sana sila bumili ng pbcom wahehe...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file