Home PEx Sports NBA

Ben Wallace

Is anybody else imagining how nuts the Detroit Pistons are with this guy on the floor?!?

From getting a triple double this 2002 season (points, rebounds, and blocks , mind you), to grabbing a season-high 28 boards in a game, down to grabbing 6 steals at one game, it seems there's already a hands-down winner for NBA Defensive Player Of The Year...

Although I doubt that the Pistons can win a title with their other players in tow (Chucky Atkins can't pass, Stackhouse shoots too much...), they just might need to keep their hands on "The Beast" if they want to progress towards another great season

:silly:

Comments

• underrated.
  • i've read somewhere na tinawag syang present day Dennis Rodman or something like that.

He's one of the reason kaya nagkaron ng 41-41 record yung 1999-2000 Orlando Magic composed mainly of role players and only Darrell Armstrong as their go to guy.
  • team slickteam slick PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ben wallace has been a monster off the board ever since he entered the nba. dati he was notorious for being dunked on by kobe during the offseason but now he has established a name for himself with his work down low and his inside presence. Nagtataka lang ako kung pano mainjure ito si ben wallace. I saw the pistons-celtics game on solar tapos napansin ko talon ng talon ito si wallace. Mabilis mainjure ito kasi since ang bigat ng body mass nya, u got to see his ripling muscles, mabilis cguro ito ma-acl or fracture
  • yap!very underrated!
  • Ben Wallace is on pace to lead the NBA in rebounding and blocked shots this year, as well as leading candidate for NBA Defensive Player of the Year. In The Rock's opinion, the guy should also get the Most Improved Player award, as before this year, he was only acknowledged for whether he'd wear cornrows or an afro during Magic games, not for his strong rebounding, defense, and work ethic.

The great thing is that he was picked number 53 (or something that low) in the draft. He's worked his butt off to get to this level of play, and the NBA made a mistake by not making him an All-Star this year.
  • Like Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and Rasheed Wallace, "The Beast" Ben Wallace was also a former Washington Bullet/Wizard, circa 1996-1997. If only the Washington management back then had the foresight to keep all of them, then they'd have the most imposing frontline in the L today.

The Rock is right on in saying that Ben Wallace should've been an All-Star this year. He deserved it more than Zo did.

If my memory serves me right, I don't even think he was drafted by any team coming out of college. I'm not sure about that, though.
  • Originally posted by The Rock
    Ben Wallace is on pace to lead the NBA in rebounding and blocked shots this year, as well as leading candidate for NBA Defensive Player of the Year. In The Rock's opinion, the guy should also get the Most Improved Player award, as before this year, he was only acknowledged for whether he'd wear cornrows or an afro during Magic games, not for his strong rebounding, defense, and work ethic.

The great thing is that he was picked number 53 (or something that low) in the draft. He's worked his butt off to get to this level of play, and the NBA made a mistake by not making him an All-Star this year.

KOrek. He should be MIP and Defensive Player of the Year.
  • yap....hope makuha nya yan...nsa playoffs naman ang pistons eh!
  • na - overtake na niya si tim duncan sa total number of rebounds for the season.
  • Grabeeee na-shock ako sa 28 rebounds niya the other day! :eek: Akala ko typo sheht.
    Wallace overtakes Duncan

Detroit forward Ben Wallace snared 20 rebounds Wednesday to overtake San Antonio's Tim Duncan to lead the league. Wallace led Duncan 905-899 going into Thursday's games.

If Wallace can hold on to his slim margin, he will become only the fourth player in NBA history to lead the league in blocked shots and rebounding in the same season.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar turned the trick in 1976 with 4.12 blocks and 16.9 rebounds, Bill Walton did it a year later with 3.25 blocked shots and 14.4 rebounds and Hakeem Olajuwon in 1990 with 4.59 blocks and 14.0 rebounds.

Wallace is easily out in front in blocked shots with 246 this season, an average of 3.4 a game. The next best is former Denver Nuggets center Raef LaFrentz, who has blocked 186 shots or 2.8 a game. Wallace needs one more block to tie the Pistons' single-season record set by Bob Lanier.

Both Wallace and Duncan have 11 games remaining.
    Kokey! :wave:
  • sup coach. how was the beach? hehe.
  • Right on for Most Improved, although a lot of people seem to think Wally Szczerbiak should get the credit for that. Personally, I think Wally didn't improve as much as The Beast has...

I really do think he should get that award, coming from being a virtual nobody to potential All-Star in his own right.

He's listed as 6'10", though most of the listings in the NBA are quite inaccurate. He's more around 6'8" or 6'9", and the fact that he's leading blocked shots by a wide margin suggests that his peskiness is a good virtue for the Pistons. What with all the shots Steakhouse keeps on missing...

• not only is he leading the league in rebounds and blocks, his BLOCKS/FOULS ratio is an amazing 1.51.

there's no doubt that he's the leading candidate to bag the NBA Defensive Player of the Year award this season.

:goon:
  • Ben is definitely an R&B Beast !! Ang sipag under the basket and he has Rodman-type positioning and ball anticipation !!

Paano kaya kung nasa Detroit pa si Grant Hill (Healthy) and they have a solid point guard ?
  • NINJeremyNINJeremy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I've only seen him in few games, but judging from what I saw he is damn good. Definitely the MIP and Defensive Player of the Year this season.

I even heard the commentator (game against Boston) inquiring about Triple Double where point is not included, cause I think he was near it.

NINJeremy
    stickman.gif
  • the guy had his breakout year about 2 seasons ago (so Wally's still in for the improved player trophy). i've always known him to be a disciple of Tenacious D and has steadily improved in his offensive game. he's got more attention this season coz Detroit's poised to win the Central title. a shoo-in for defensive player of the year.
  • Yap, Ben Wallace should have been an All-Star instead of Alonzo Mourning. Just his physical presence is enough to intimidate the opponents. In my book, he is the real best player of the Detroit Pistons. Go Ben!
  • damn! i should've picked up this guy in my fantasy league when i had the chance!
  • Everyone pays attention to who gets Player Of The Week, all because of Virtual GM... :D

I can just imagine the old Detroit Bad Boys teaching Ben Wallace how to get under an opponent's skin...

Yikes...