Home PEx Sports NBA

What is happening to the Timberwolves ?

arcyarcy PExer
They have lost 8 of their last 10 games. What is frustrating is the loss today vs. the lowly Warriors !!

What should they do to go back to their winning ways ?

Twelve games to go, I hope they win all their remaining games !!! :-)

Comments

• CNN reported two weeks ago that the problems between Kevin Garnett and Wally Szczerbiak aren't over like they had people believe. Even though they were playing well early, the playoffs are what matters and if this team doesn't get past the first round again, then it might be time to break it up and rebuild already.

It doesn't help them that their starting point guard, Terrell Brandon, is injured. And when he is healthy, he's not that good anyway. Chauncey Billups is a great scorer, but he can't control the game tempo like Brandon can.
  • 2 words: Terrell Brandon.
    Although Chauncey Billups is doing a splendid job of stepping up, the team sorely misses Brandon's spearheading techniques. He averages 12.+ ppg and 8.+ apg.
    Likewise, William Avery is also on the injured list.
    I really hope the Wolves do well in their remaining games...Otherwise, the chain of being eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs will never end.
  • I agree with your posts, a good point guard is really the key. I think Terrell Brandon if healthy can help but will not be able to take the Wolves all the way. He is a smooth and "in control" type of PG but does not have the killer instimct like a Gary Payton or a Jason Kidd ! His offensive weapon is pretty much the pull-up jumper and it usually does not go in during the 4th quarter. I also remember what he said before the start of the season, wherein he wants to take the back seat in the PG chores and let Billups take the lead. Wala talaga siyang killer instinct and it looks like he just wants to finish his career with a FAT pay check in the bank.

Since posting in PeX about the Timberwolves woes, they have WON 3 straight !!! Suwerte ang PeX ah !!! In two games during this SHORT win streak, they can not seem to close-out their opponent in the 4th quarter after leading most of the way.

9 more games to go before the end of the season, I hope they win all these games. I will be posting again in PeX para suwerte ang Wolves ! :-)
  • Mahina ang supporting cast ni Kevin Garnett, si Wally Szcerbiak (tama ba spelling ko?) sana pero nagkakainisan sila ni KG. Pagdating sa playoffs dapa na naman sila sa Spurs, kahit sa Portland lagot sila. Ok sila nung umpisa dahil sa zone, but teams have already adjusted kaya di na nila gaanong ma-exploit to the hilt. Sayang si KG, lipat na lang sya sa Lakers hehe.
  • NINJeremyNINJeremy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well, I think they lost much more than they taught upon losing Terrell Brandon. Chauncey Billups had some goodnights but is inconsistent. William Avery can't get the job done and I think Robert Pack's acquisition wouldn't help that much.

Plus they've also lost games where-in they should've won in the first place.

I think the first thing they should do is fix their "internal problems". :(

Well, I'm outta here like the Timberwolves in the first round :D

NINJeremy
    stickman.gif
  • Da wolves should show that they can beat the top teams in the NBA to have a chance against their 1st round opponent. Da critical games will be @ Sacramento on April 9 and @ LA Lakers on April 11. Kung manalo sila sa home court ng dalawang teams na ito baka may chance sila sa first round.

Kung olats, magbakasyon na si KG at ang mga Wolves ng maaga !!!
  • Originally posted by The Rock
    CNN reported two weeks ago that the problems between Kevin Garnett and Wally Szczerbiak aren't over like they had people believe. Even though they were playing well early, the playoffs are what matters and if this team doesn't get past the first round again, then it might be time to break it up and rebuild already.

It doesn't help them that their starting point guard, Terrell Brandon, is injured. And when he is healthy, he's not that good anyway. Chauncey Billups is a great scorer, but he can't control the game tempo like Brandon can.

yap chauncey is really a 2 guard...
  • Terrel brandon is the missing link. Last season, he averaged 17+ points and 9+ assists. But this season, like 12+ points and 8+ assists! Not bad but his numbers ditched though! He was injured before the start of the second half of the NBA season, It was pretty clear that the T-wolves didn't have their winning ways when brandon was out, and it's pretty obvious that they can't stand a chance in the playoffs without Brandon. And it's true, they need a good point guard, Chancey isn't a pg! He's more of a 2guard! I don't want us to face the Spurs! Or even the Lakers! But most of all, not the Kings! I rather have Dallas instead! I know theyre hungry for a title but believe me, The Wolves are hungry too! :goon:
  • sayang...ganda pa naman ng record nila sa 1st half...
  • nWonWo PExer
    nothing.. they're losing cuz its almost playoff time and they're just continuing tradition.. go figure..
  • dude, shut-up! you don't know nothing!
  • Y2K-G_21, Dallas nga ang mas magandang kalaban ng Wolves ! They are the leading offensive machine in the NBA with a 105.7 pt. average but their defense sucks because they are 2nd from the bottom allowing their opponents 101.9 pts. ave.

Sa playoffs, I think defense really plays an important role and the Wolves definitely has better defense than Dallas !
    I remember their meeting last month nung wala si KG pero tinambakan ng Wolves ang Mavs in Dallas !

Sana mahabol ng Spurs ang Mavs sa standings para 4th sa West ang Mavs and 5th ang Wolves ! Mathematically kaya pa ng Wolves habulin ang 4th spot pero kailangan manalo sila sa lahat ng laro nila and madaming talo ang Mavs !