Home PEx Campus The Academe
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

I don't know what do I want in my life

In my 18 years of existence, hindi ko padin alam ang gusto ko. 2nd year po ako. BSA. Supposedly 3rd year na ako this year, pero I wasn't able to enroll because of financial problems. I was thinking of shifting kasi I don't think I can survive accountancy knowing na I have 0 interest in this course, pero I asked myself, what course do I even want to take up? I spent months grinding my mind thinking about what do I really want to do, thinking about what do I want to achieve, pero wala padin eh.

I took up accountancy noong nag graduate ako ng high school kasi a lot of people were saying na it was the "best pre-law" course out there. And a lot of my batchmates took up the same course. I just went along with the bandwagon I guess lol. Being a lawyer was my dream at that time. Pero I've been recently thinking kung yun ba talaga ang gusto ko. I asked myself if I really wanted to be a lawyer and to my surprise, I couldn't really answer myself. Para bang hindi talaga ako 100% desedido sa law. And I came to realize na the only reason why I wanted to take up law was because of the title. I guess I just wanted to achieve something big, and law was like the only thing which I think I can do out of all professions out there. I'm not saying na law is a piece of cake (because it really isn't), pero hindi ako magaling sa mga numero eh. I hate maths. I don't like to take up engineering. Hindi din ako interesado sa science and any science-related/medicine-related courses. I'm not an "artsy" person. I'm not creative. I don't like business. I'm not good with numbers. I'm not interested in archi. I don't really like anything in particular. No dreams. No goals. I've got nothing in my mind. The only goal that I really have is to live a happy life. But don't get me wrong. I'm not a lazy person po haha. In fact, I'm trying really hard on thinking what do I want in life. Pero wala talaga eh. I don't know what to do.

I need your help. :(

Comments

• counterplundercounterplunder PEx Rookie ⭐
    Meron ka pa field na hindi nabanggit, baka naman magaling ka sa writing and speech? pwede ka masscom, comm arts, or journ?

ano ba interests mo like hobbies man lang? kasi kahit sabi mo hindi ka creative, artsy, ayaw sa science and numbers eh im sure meron ka pa rin field na interest man lang..
  • hahahehe123hahahehe123 PEx Rookie ⭐
    What do/can you do that makes you happy ba? Singing? Cooking? Playing an instrument? Whatever it is, that could serve as your starting point where you could contemplate and ask yourself on what you want to pursue.

You won't escape "maths" naman even in law school. You would still have taxation classes and all. Plus the heavy readings. Lastly, I would suggest that you work with what you have. I would presume na you're still an Accountancy student. Maybe you could learn how to love accounting. It's a rewarding career. Maybe you just don't appreciate it enough.
  • RyuujiRyuuji PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    There is really no "best" pre-law course out there. Everyone is on the same footing in law school. Sure, CPAs may have a little advantage in Obligations and Contracts or Taxation, but the pace of teaching in undergrad is very different compared to formal law school.

Besides, if you're still dead set on being a lawyer, there are many "good" pre-law courses out there like Economics, Political Science, Philosophy or Journalism. Even then, there is technically no specific "pre-law" course to begin with as one only needs to obtain a Bachelor's Degree to get admitted to law school, among other requirements.

Pursue your passion for now and if you're still interested to go to law school after getting your bachelor's, then by all means do so.
  • bigheartbigheart PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    E kung mag-work ka muna kaya? Then, pag-bulay-bulayan mo kung ano ba talaga ang gusto mo. Sayang ang oras e.
  • It's not important where will you go to study. It's much important which skills do you have and what you are doing with your life. I had the same problems. I could not find my path in this life. I dropped 2 universities by my will. I almost surrendered tried to enter for third time. It was interesting to study where I was, but again... I lost my interest in this speciality. So I decided to focus more on self-education and skills which I can implement in my life. I found a work where I knew I would develop a lot of useful skills. I almost forgot about all university's tasks and bought them online. You can try top rated essay-writing-service from real Australia like I did. Sometimes I went to the university in order to stay there and get my diploma. So I decided, diploma only for diploma. It may seems sad, but I'm glad I did it and focused on work and self-development.
  • FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
    study biology, microbiology, biochemistry, genetics and and those kinds.

Find the cure for aids and other diseases. Win philippines first nobel prize.

I think it's exciting.
  • Ako nga din eh di ko alam ggwin ko sa life.. balak ko magmasteral degree in structural engineering kso di ko alam kung tumatanggap ba sila ng may mga bagsak ng undergrad dto sa manila.. nung una kasi di ko pa naappreciate yung civil engineering kasi gusto ko magarchi ayaw lang ng nanay ko, ***** engineer nako at looking for work ayun ngayon ko lang napagtanto na san ginalingan ko dati sa undergrad haay may pag asa pa kaya akong magmasteral? May mga kilala ba kayo or advice?
  • ach_chooach_choo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "i wanna rock!"
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    swalalala wrote: »
    Ako nga din eh di ko alam ggwin ko sa life.. balak ko magmasteral degree in structural engineering kso di ko alam kung tumatanggap ba sila ng may mga bagsak ng undergrad dto sa manila.. nung una kasi di ko pa naappreciate yung civil engineering kasi gusto ko magarchi ayaw lang ng nanay ko, ***** engineer nako at looking for work ayun ngayon ko lang napagtanto na san ginalingan ko dati sa undergrad haay may pag asa pa kaya akong magmasteral? May mga kilala ba kayo or advice?

Konti lang ang kumukuha ng post graduate studies. Kaya kahit marami kang bagsak, pwede ka nila tanggapin under PROBATIONARY status

Compared sa Bachelors degree, mas madali lang ang graduate studies generally speaking (syempre may exceptions yan).
    Importante makapasok ka muna even under probation
    PROVE YOURSELF NA LANG
  • migz@70x7[email protected] PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    robertsm wrote: »
    Anyone interested in gaining SMAW(Stick) pressure vessel welding certification.

I once had planned to take such certification solely for the purpose of switching career to technical skill hoping to get a high-paying job abroad. But now, I am negative because of my age. I just turned 40. Do you think there`s still an opportunity for someone like me?