is it harmul to use pantyliners everyday?

i just wanna ask the doctors here if it's really harmful for a girl to use pantyliners everyday? Some say kase na pumapasok yung small fibers of cotton at pag naipon, this may cause cancer or something in the long run. I also wanna ask kung harmful din if it's scented? This information can be very helpful to me and a lot of women i know.

Comments

• cyberredzcyberredz Serendipity PExer
    im not sure about the first question.

only the second. ive read its more advisable to use the UNSCENTED panty liners kse the scent added tends to irritate the environment of the women's thing.

what i mean is that the scent is a chemical that might imbalance the acidic(?) environment of the women's thing..
  • docProtossdocProtoss Member PExer
    Hi, Ideally OB-GYN prefers women not to use panty liners, coz sometimes it can be a source of infection or a gud medium for bacteria to grow. (bacteria like moist, dark places). That's why panty liners are not advocated.

Scented vs unscented = it has been answered. Its because the scented one is more prone to reactions because of the chemicals it has.

Risk of having Cervical cancer - 1. early age of coitus(sex) 2. having a lot of partners 3. acquiring genital wart from sexual partner which is a risk factor

Mucus secreted by the vagina keeps harmful elements entering into your body. So a acidic environment of your vagina should be maintained. That's why, lactacid is a very popular wash and diluted vinegar also.
  • reesee1378reesee1378 Member PExer
    Thanks for sharing all that info.
  • EllheymEllheym entrepreneur PExer
    wow! it really helps! thanks :)
  • dee-deedee-dee LORD PExer
    yeah, that was really informative. *okay* i use pantyliners whenever i'm out of the house, but i change it like twice a day. but i'll keep that in mind...
  • just want to share what my doctor told me a few years back when i had UTI. this was caused daw by pantiliners, coz i tend to use them everyday, kase parang nakakairita kun basa yung feeling di ba? :lol: since yung inaarbsorb na wetness nung pantiliners eh nakastuck lang dun, i mean di masyadong bumababa like sanitary napkins na nagaabsorb talaga...madaling mag- buo ang bacteria w/c eventually may lead to UTI. Sabi nung doctor kung di daw maiwasan magpnatiliner, the best is to change as often as possible..medyo magastos, pero oks na rin kesa magka UTI...also yung tissue paper madalas kase ginagamit natin sya after urinating di ba? para hindi basa...dapat daw dampi lang ang pag-punas, kase nakaka cause din ito ng irritation.

:dance:
  • bagelbagel that's hot! PExer
    by having coitus at an early age you mean around what? 15? 14? lower? higher? thanks in advance.
    :)
  • annieliseannielise sui generis PExer
    I don't use pantyliners all the time but when I do, I change several times a day so it won't get soaked and it doesn't breed bacteria. Some women kasi just wear one pantyliner the whole day and I think that's dangerous cos moist places usually breed bacteria.
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS Only 15% Lesbian PExer
    ako din..used to wear liners all the time.. till i got UTI-prone so much... now i only do when it's my heavy mucus days.... ahehehehe

and i make sure as much as possible that i wash with water.... as opposed to just wiping with tissue :)
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS Only 15% Lesbian PExer
    Originally posted by bagel
    by having coitus at an early age you mean around what? 15? 14? lower? higher? thanks in advance.
    :)

back in my reproductive health counselling days... we were taught that for women.... having sex before they turn age 20 means they'd be more at risk of health problems around that area..such as cervical cancer nga

basically because that area isn't yet developed fully and prepared for intercourse....
  • bagelbagel that's hot! PExer
    Originally posted by DELISYUS
    back in my reproductive health counselling days... we were taught that for women.... having sex before they turn age 20 means they'd be more at risk of health problems around that area..such as cervical cancer nga

basically because that area isn't yet developed fully and prepared for intercourse....

whoa, someone answered my question. almost a year later. but thanks DELISYUS.:)
  • dragueurdragueur Member PExer
    i do wear panty liners everyday...nde ako sanay pag wala. shocks, i didn't know that it can be unhealthy not to change panty liners a day. kc i use only 1/day altho' if it's kinda moist na that's the time i change liners. btw, i used yung breathable rather than the ordinary one. iba naman amoy ng scented liners, weird pero i can smell it even if i'm wearing them and i dont like it...i prefer yung walang scent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file