Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

fave gay/lesbian movie

my all time fave is CHASING AMY starring Joey Lauren Adams and Ben Affleck - great indie film!

Comments

• CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I liked Birdcage. d=O)
  • It has to be Farewell My Concubine.
  • birdcage was really funny :D *apir Cara ulit* (kelan na tayo lants?)
  • king_jesse:
    i loved chasing amy i think i've seen it a catrillion times
    if you liked that movie watch mallrats it's got the same characters too
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    buttercup: ehehehehe lunch kay manang? *yummy*
  • babes : i saw mallrats too sa cinemax! i love those indie films talaga!!!

pusong mamon was quite a revelation for Pinoy cinema too!
  • king_jesse
    can you recommend any other indie films!?

by the way there's this other 'gay' movie i saw called kiss me guido(another indie, pretty funny but no match to chasing amy)
  • i haven't seen 200 cigarettes - ben affleck, casey affleck, paul rudd, janeanne garofalo, c. ricci, etc.
    sayang 1st day last day yun dito last wk.
  • three of hearts - it's got one of the baldwin brothers in it
  • CHASING AMY! It was never shown in Philippine theaters, so I only got to see the film when Skycable premiered it on their defunct i-channel. After seeing it for the first time, inabangan ko na lahat ng replays. Holden McNeil's (Ben Affleck) line to Alyssa Jones (Joey Lauren Adams) while they were inside the car was just classic! You know, when he confesed and professed his love for her. Sample lines:
    "I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simple, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being..."

"Even if, you know, even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me..."

I just love this movie!
  • I kinda liked "Threesome." "The Birdcage," of course, was hilarious!
  • Philadelphia can be considered a gay movie right?
  • i've seen chasing amy, mallrats, 200 cigarettes and threesome. great films.

uuuhhh... what's an "indie film"? yun ba yung mga movies na medyo low-budget? yun ba yung hindi pang "commercial" release? yun ba yung experimental films? ano ba talaga kuya?
  • Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert!
  • wolverine: As far as I understand it, a movie that's made by a small movie outfit is "indie". Naturally, medyo low-budget 'yon kasi nga hindi naman sila big-time commercial stuff di ba? Medyo experimental din siya kasi most of these films are those na no big commercial studio would like to produce. Actually, malabo nga talaga.

I liked Farewell My Concubine atsaka Birdcage.

• duh. indie...can u say INDEPENDENT?
    independent films are not necessarily low budget. they're just not under a major film production company, so no one (especially Hollywood bigwigs) has control over how the film goes, 'cept for the directors or writers. so they produce it under their own company. EPISODE I is technically an independant film, because it's under LUCAS FILMS. not exactly low budget, right? but, yeah, they're USUALLY small obscure films.
  • terje: thanks for enlightening about indie films.
  • chasing amy, in and out and birdcage.
  • anyhoo, did you know that 'chasing amy' is actually autobiographical? really, no *****.
    so, that scene where silent bob was telling the story of how he was chasing amy actually happened. and you'll never guess who the real 'amy' in kevin smith's life is.
  • TO WONG FOO THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JULIE NEWMAR!!!!!
    patrick swayze was really pretty here but wesley snipes was eeeewwwww
    the movie was really funny especially john leguizamo who looked female (but an ugly one :))
    and the clothes dahlings!!! they're superb!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file