[Netflix] GLOW

geekixgeekix #exitsquad ✭✭

Guts, glitter, glory... Are you ready to GLOW?

Inspired by the short-lived but beloved show from the 80s, GLOW tells the fictional story of Ruth Wilder (Alison Brie), an out-of-work, struggling actress in 1980s Los Angeles who finds one last chance for stardom when she’s thrust into the glitter and spandex world of women's wrestling. In addition to working with 12 Hollywood misfits, Ruth also has to compete with Debbie Eagan (Betty Gilpin), a former soap actress who left the business to have a baby, only to be sucked back into work when her picture perfect life turns out not to be what it seems. At the wheel is Sam Sylvia (Marc Maron), a washed-up, B-movie director who now must lead this group of women on the journey to wrestling super stardom.

GLOW is executive produced by Liz Flahive (Homeland, Nurse Jackie), Carly Mensch (Orange is the New Black, Nurse Jackie), Jenji Kohan (Orange is the New Black, Weeds) and Tara Herrmann (Orange is the New Black).

Comments

• bentobearbentobear Member ✭✭
    Interesting
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    THIS SHOW WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

well written, nice stories. lotsa eye candy.

even get to see Annie's Boobs.
  • bitwisebitwise Most Significant Bit ✭✭
    I was a bit disappointed that every episode was only 30 mins long. I was expecting an hour or so.

I feel like they could have made a deep dive into each character and beefed up the stories more.

Still a good series. It's just straight forward good story telling.
  • ParkourParkour @nelsonmuch ✭✭✭
    I'm bingewatching this later! :cheerleader:
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    i was happy with the length.. onward to season 2.

more britanica!!!!
    Halfway down! :rocker: :lol:

Netflix continues on milking through nostalgia with shows like this (and Stranger Things) no, and I hope for more shows like this. Chill lang. :glee:
  • BoolSheetBoolSheet Member ✭✭
    I got my first erection from Mountain Fiji and Matilda the hun. So I am happy for the existence of Welfare Queen and Macchu Picchu.
    Done with this show.

Kahit na it's only less than 30mins per episode, it feels like an hour. Hindi nakaka-hook.

I'm okay with one season. :)
  • chocobangbangchocobangbang bang bang bang! ✭✭✭
    Just finished, this show is awesome!

I'm afraid that if they're gonna do a one-ep per character dive-in then it will just be exactly like OITNB. I mean, it's a Jenji Kohan as well.
  • SAMSAYSAMSAY Member ✭✭✭
    Maganda. Wala sya yung feeling na nakakaadik panoorin pero masarap syang panoorin. Hindi ko inasahang magugustuhan ko to kasi hindi naman ako mahilig sa wrestling. Maganda yung storya nya :lol:

[#]NagigingSukiNaAkoNgNetflix[/#] :lol:
  • beckybeckerzbeckybeckerz Maharot ✭✭✭
    Just finished this. Something new!
    True na Di nga sya nakakaadik pero masarap sya panoorin. Chill and happy lang.
  • QT IIQT II Bee-doh bee-doh bee-doh bee ✭✭✭
    i was happy with the length.. onward to season 2.

more britanica!!!!

Yup, Kate Nash's easy on the eyes...

But wait, here's more....

[video]
    [video]
    [video]
    [video]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file