The Nun (2018)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
HORROR FAN-FAVORITE JAMES WAN TO PRODUCE NEW LINE'S “THE NUN”
Corin Hardy Directs Latest in The Conjuring Universe
via press release

t6cf2r.jpg

BURBANK, CA – May 3, 2017 – Filmmaker James Wan, director of the record-setting horror hits “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2,” explores another dark corner of that universe with New Line Cinema’s “The Nun.”

Helmed by award-winning director Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”), the new fright-fest has begun production on location in Romania. It will be produced by Wan through his Atomic Monster production company, along with Peter Safran, who has produced all of the films in “The Conjuring” franchise. “The Nun” is set for release on July 13, 2018.

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in “The Conjuring 2,” as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.

“The Nun” stars Oscar nominated Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie, Charlotte Hope (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as the abbey’s Sister Victoria, Ingrid Bisu (“Toni Erdmann”) as Sister Oana, and Bonnie Aarons, reprising her “Conjuring 2” role as the title character.

Wan’s Atomic Monster slate includes “Annabelle” and “Lights Out,” as well as the upcoming “Annabelle: Creation,” with Wan serving as producer on all. Co-creator of the “Saw” and “Insidious” franchises, Wan directed the worldwide hit “Furious 7,” and is next set to helm the highly anticipated feature “Aquaman.”

Safran also produced the sequel “Annabelle: Creation,” opening August 10th and is producing “Aquaman.”

Hardy will direct “The Nun” from a screenplay by Gary Dauberman (upcoming “It”), story by Dauberman & James Wan.

Serving as executive producers are Gary Dauberman and Todd Williams, with Michael Clear as co-producer.

Joining Hardy behind the scenes are director of photography Maxime Alexandre (“The Voices,” upcoming “Annabelle: Creation”), production designer Jennifer Spence (“Lights Out,” the “Insidious” films), editor Michel Aller (“Lights Out,” “Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension”), and costume designer Sharon Gilham (TV’s “Black Mirror”).

“The Nun” is a New Line Cinema presentation, an Atomic Monster / Safran Company production, and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator

UNHOLY SECRETS SURFACE IN “THE NUN” TEASER TRAILER

Witness the darkest chapter in “The Conjuring” universe. Watch the official teaser trailer of the upcoming horror-thriller “The Nun” which has just been revealed by New Line Cinema.

Check out the trailer below and watch “The Nun” in Philippine cinemas September 6.

Filmmaker James Wan, director of the record-setting horror hits “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2,” explores another dark corner of that universe with “The Nun.” Directed by Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”), the new fright-fest is produced by Wan and by Peter Safran, who has produced all the films in “The Conjuring” franchise.

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in “The Conjuring 2,” as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.

The Nun” stars Oscar nominated Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, and Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie.

The cast also includes Charlotte Hope (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as the abbey’s Sister Victoria, Ingrid Bisu (“Toni Erdmann”) as Sister Oana, and Bonnie Aarons, reprising her “Conjuring 2” role as the title character.

Hardy directs “The Nun” from a screenplay by Gary Dauberman (“It”), story by James Wan & Gary Dauberman. Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Gary Dauberman, Michael Clear and Todd Williams are the executive producers.

Joining Hardy behind the scenes are director of photography Maxime Alexandre (“The Voices,” “Annabelle: Creation”), production designer Jennifer Spence (“Annabelle: Creation,” “Lights Out,” the “Insidious” films), editors Michel Aller (“Lights Out,” “Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension”) and Ken Blackwell ( “Ouija” “Friday the 13th”), and costume designer Sharon Gilham (TV’s “Black Mirror”). The music is by Abel Korzeniowski (“Nocturnal Animals”).

New Line Cinema presents an Atomic Monster / Safran Company production, “The Nun.” Opening in theaters beginning September 7, 2018, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

The Nun” is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

• basicpacketsbasicpackets Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I just watched the trailer and it gave me the chills!

THE NUN DIRECTOR ON CONTRIBUTING TO “THE CONJURING” UNIVERSE

Director Corin Hardy (“The Hallows”) collaborates with James Wan, director and producer of the record-setting horror hits “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2,” to explore another dark corner of that universe with New Line Cinema’s horror-thriller “The Nun.”  

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate.  Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret.  Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in “The Conjuring 2,” as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.  

Q:  How does THE NUN fit into the Conjuring film universe?

Corin Hardy:  It was important to me to honor what has been set up in the Conjuring universe by James Wan, and I was thrilled to do so, but telling you about some of those connections would reveal a little too much, and I want to preserve the surprises!  At the same time, I wanted to give audiences something new, something a little different from what they might expect.

Q:  James Wan has said that he looks to each director to bring his or her unique vision to these films.  When you read the script, what did you want to bring to THE NUN?

CH:  I loved that THE NUN is set in 1952 and in a castle in Romania – making the story feel both new and ancient. I wanted to take audiences on an unholy, terrifying journey.  It gave me a real opportunity to incorporate classic horror imagery this time around.  Using castles, convents, cemeteries, hanging fog, gaslight, candlelight, stained glass and gothic horror, we created a rich, contrasting and immersive cinematic atmosphere. It harks back to a lot of movies that I grew up loving, like Dracula, the old gothic Hammer movies, the Italian films of Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci, Friedkin’s The Exorcist and Raimi’s Evil Dead. The adventure aspect of THE NUN even has a hint of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, where the characters journey to a place that’s potentially no longer holy and have to uncover the mystery that lurks inside it. So, THE NUN contains all the elements I relish as a storyteller.

Q:  You mention the film’s adventure aspects, but it must have been an adventure for you and the production to film in Romania.  

CH:  Absolutely!  It was a wonderful opportunity to actually make a movie in Transylvania, which was home to the classic Dracula.  

Q:  Let’s talk about the actors who play your two leads.  Why were Demián Bichir, who plays Father Burke, and Taissa Farmiga, who portrays Sister Irene, right for this film?

CH:  All the films in the Conjuring universe have had really strong casts, beginning with James Wan’s The Conjuring, with Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson. I really wanted to uphold that quality.  

I’d first seen Demián in Steven Soderbergh’s Che film series.  His performance as Fidel Castro really impressed me, as did his work in Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight. When his name came up for THE NUN, I thought he could be an interesting choice because I thought of Burke as almost like the “Dirty Harry” of exorcists.  

Burke and the novitiate, Sister Irene, are opposites.  He’s grizzled, gruff and experienced, while   she’s an innocent who doesn’t yet know what her calling is, or if becoming a nun is even right for her.  This journey with Burke will take her from a safe environment to an encounter with a great evil that will expose her inner strength.  I watched hundreds of audition tapes for this role, and initially we were looking for someone from Europe or England to play Sister Irene.  But when I saw Taissa, I knew there was no need to see anyone else.  She HAD to play this role.  Taissa has something in her eyes which lends itself to the horror genre – in her audition tape, it felt like she was going through a supernatural experience… like she’s capable of seeing something you can’t see.  

Q:  What do you hope audiences experience when they see THE NUN?

CH:  I’m a big believer in experiencing movies in the cinema on the biggest screen possible and watching a horror movie in a crowd together is such a unique and fun, shared experience. I want to take audiences on a scary, spooky ride where they can become fully immersed along with our characters, as they follow them into this mysterious and terrifying world of shadows and prayers, and nuns and demons – to discover the truth of who, and indeed what lurks in the dark tunnels of that ancient abbey…

In Philippine cinemas September 6, “The Nun” is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

• Digi_Movie_GuyDigi_Movie_Guy PEx Rookie ⭐
    The Nun (2018) is also a film that I look forward to watching. I'm expecting it to be a scary horror flick like its prequel, Conjuring 2.

DEATH MASKS, GHOSTS OF SOLDIERS AND OTHER INTRIGUING TRIVIA ON THE NUN  SET

New Line Cinema’s The Nun is the newest – and darkest – chapter in the Conjuring Universe of films.  It precedes the events of the previous films: Annabelle: Creation, Annabelle, The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2.

Check out the following interesting trivia about the making of The Nun.

The Nun was filmed entirely in Romania. Although the film is set in 1950s, most of the action takes place in 14th century buildings.

Castel Film Studios in Izvorani housed four tombs in the “Tomb Room” set. The tombs had death masks cast from the faces of director Corin Hardy, screenwriter Gary Dauberman, director of photography Maxime Alexandre, executive producer Michael Clear, and 1st assistant director Harry Boyd. Audiences can experience Dauberman’s “tomb” when the characters first pass through the Tomb Room.

Makeup department head Eleanor Sabaduquia, along with James Wan, created the look of the demon Valak / Nun.  The makeup is hand painted – using a simple, single prosthetic appliance to cover the eye brows – so no two applications were identical.

The production used so much black fabric for nuns’ habits that the factory in Romania from which the fabric was sourced ran out of material.

Director Corin Hardy cast Demian Bichir as Father Burke after following the actor’s career since his role as Fidel Castro in director Steven Soderbergh’s Che. Bichir calls his character in the film, Father Burke, “the James Bond of soul savers, saving the world one soul at a time.”  Hardy has said that Burke is the “Dirty Harry of exorcists.”

Hardy had to convince Demian Bichir not to perform a stunt in which the character of Father Burke falls backward into an open grave.  

As part of her preparation and research to portray Sister Irene, Taissa Farmiga watched The Nun's Story, starring Audrey Hepburn.  Taissa is not a horror movie fan and had demon-fighting dreams while on location for The Nun.

Taissa sought advice from her sister, Vera Farmiga, who had starred in The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2, about how to deal with the daily frights that came with working on a horror film.  Vera told her younger sister to seek calm at the end of the day and to leave the stress and horror at work.

Taissa tried to watch The Conjuring four times but was too frightened to see the blockbuster horror film through to the end.  

James Wan had a very specific look in mind for the demon Valak, aka The Nun, and the filmmakers looked at hundreds of candidates, including a few male actors, before casting Bonnie Aarons.  The role of Valak, aka The Nun, was created for an additional shooting period for The Conjuring 2.

Once production was underway, director Corin Hardy suddenly remembered that, years earlier, Aarons had nearly given him a heart attack with her frightening performance as a homeless person in just one quick scene in the film Mulholland Drive.

While filming a particularly atmospheric scene in an old Romanic fortress in Mogoșoaia, Hardy had a supernatural encounter with what he believes was a pair of ghosts of Romanian soldiers, whom Hardy believed were curious about the filming.

In Philippine cinemas September 6, The Nun is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

About “The Nun”

Filmmaker James Wan, director of the record-setting horror hits “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2,” explores another dark corner of that universe with “The Nun.”  Directed by Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”), the new fright-fest is produced by Wan and by Peter Safran, who has produced all the films in “The Conjuring” franchise.  

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate.  Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret.  Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in “The Conjuring 2,” as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.  

“The Nun” stars Oscar nominated Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, and Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie.

NEW THE NUN FEATURETTE TAKES YOU BACK WHERE THE DARKNESS BEGAN

“If superheroes can have their own universe, why can’t we do the same in the horror world?,” asks James Wan.

In a newly released featurette for The Nun, Producer James Wan and Director Corin Hardy take you back to where the Conjuring Universe all began.  

Check out featurette below and watch the film in Philippine cinemas Thursday, September 06.

The Nun is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

About “The Nun”

Filmmaker James Wan, director of the record-setting horror hits “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2,” explores another dark corner of that universe with “The Nun.”  Directed by Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”), the new fright-fest is produced by Wan and by Peter Safran, who has produced all the films in “The Conjuring” franchise. 

“The Nun” stars Oscar nominated Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, and Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie.

• chabilita26chabilita26 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited August 2018
    This looks scary :scream:

Kaso walang may gustong sumama sakin para manood :cry:

OSCAR NOMINEE DEMIAN BICHIR 

INVESTIGATES THE PARANORMAL IN THE NUN

In New Line Cinema’s horror-thriller The Nun, a young nun at an abbey in Transylvania has committed the ultimate sin: taking her own life.  Now it is imperative that the church determine if the ground is still holy, or if evil has compromised the Abbey of St. Carta.  

To address the dire situation, the Vatican enlists the expertise of Father Burke, a clergyman from Philadelphia and one of only a few skilled in testing the validity of miracles and darker phenomenon.  

Oscar Best Actor nominee Demian Bichir (A Better Life), who stars as Father Burke, says that reading the script, he was immediately drawn into the paranormal tale.  “I loved the spectacular setting and thought Father Burke was one of the richest characters I’d ever read.  And the script was very well-written—so complex, and deep in many different ways.”

Producer Peter Safran reveals, “Demian is a brilliant actor who played each facet of the character believably.  We all loved him from his previous work so, truly, he was the first and only call we made.”

Describing his role, Bichir says, “Father Burke is a man of faith and a demon hunter who believes it is possible to save the world one demon at a time.  He is a fighter on different fronts; however, he is also haunted by his own demons, and that is the real battle he faces every day of his life.”

The last time Father Burke dealt with the demon hunting aspect of his priestly duties, a terrible tragedy occurred.  Almost a decade has passed, and he still maintains a safe distance between himself and the investigative fray because he is still deeply conflicted by those disturbing events.  Despite his unease, Father Burke is bound to comply with the Cardinal’s wishes.

“Once you take your vows, you’ve promised to be God’s soldier for life,” says Bichir.  “As a soldier you don’t contradict orders; you don’t refuse any call.”

In Philippine cinemas Thursday, September 06, The Nun is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

About “The Nun”

New Line Cinema’s horror thriller “The Nun” explores another dark corner of the “Conjuring” universe, whose record-setting films have terrified audiences around the globe.

The new fright-fest, directed by Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”) and produced by James Wan, and Peter Safran, the latter of whom has produced all the films in “The Conjuring” franchise, delves into the shocking origin of the demonic Nun Valak, who first made her evil presence known in “The Conjuring 2.”  

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate.  Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret.  Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of a nun, as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.  

“The Nun” stars Oscar nominee Demian Bichir (“A Better Life”) as Father Burke, Taissa Farmiga (TV’s “American Horror Story”) as Sister Irene, and Jonas Bloquet (“Elle”) as local villager Frenchie. The cast also includes Charlotte Hope (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as the abbey’s Sister Victoria, Ingrid Bisu (“Toni Erdmann”) as Sister Oana, and Bonnie Aarons, reprising her role from “The Conjuring 2” as the title character.

• qazwsxedcrfvtgbqazwsxedcrfvtgb Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Grabe yung trailer nito sa sinehan. kakatakot. umpisa pa lang mukha na ni Valak pinakita. sigawan yung mga tao haha

WITNESS THE ORIGINS OF THE DEMON VALAK IN “THE NUN”

The unholy evil in holy guise is back in the horror thriller “The Nun,” the latest chapter stemming from James Wan’s “Conjuring” universe, with an entire film dedicated to the origin of her horrifying visage.  

Audiences got their first frightful glimpse of the demonic Nun Valak, who plagued Lorraine Warren’s visions and filled her with dread in the horror hit “The Conjuring 2.”  In “The Nun,” the epic battle of good vs. evil pits a priest with a dark history and a novitiate whose own past isn’t the only thing that haunts her against the blasphemy that is the Demon Nun.  

A producer on this film, James Wan offers, “The idea that something held as sacred and pure as a nun could become twisted in such an evil, supernatural way disturbs people at a very core level.”

In fact, from the moment the entity appeared on screen, Wan and fellow producer Peter Safran knew the Nun had struck a deep psychological chord with the audience.  Safran recalls, “She had a relatively small, albeit pivotal, role, so it was incredible how much she resonated with people.  We knew instantly the Nun deserved an origin story; people wanted to know where she came from…and why.”

Wan and Safran put director Corin Hardy at the helm after seeing his film “The Hallow.”  Hardy states, “It was a dream come true to get the call.  I knew it was something I could really sink my teeth into and was excited to construct a new portion of the ‘Conjuring’ universe.”

Screenwriter Gary Dauberman, who also served as an executive producer, was a natural choice to craft the screenplay after penning the hugely successful “Annabelle” and the possessed doll’s origin story, “Annabelle: Creation,” in which the malevolent Nun made a brief appearance.  

“The script is so intense,” Hardy states.  “Gary is a super talented writer; he really knows this genre because, like me, he loves horror and his passion for it shows.  He balanced the story with big ideas and really interesting characters facing horrifying prospects.  The story hooks you from the start and never lets you go.”

In crafting the story, Dauberman and Wan immersed it in the rich, dark gothic style afforded by the story’s foreboding setting—a castle in Transylvania, Romania, a place that has strong roots in horror.  In the film, the castle has been taken over by the church and functioned as an abbey for years.  Pushing the fear factor further, the abbey is cloistered, and the nuns have imposed upon themselves total separation from the rest of the world.  

Dauberman attests, “They’re in a big citadel at the foot of the Carpathian Mountains, and they’re all alone.  There are long corridors and archways and the big chapel inside—things you don’t see in a typical house.  Imagine a young novitiate entering those castle gates.  Suddenly, you’re very small against this big backdrop and there are a lot more shadows and places that something frightening could emanate from.  It just takes everything scary and amplifies it that much more.”

Wan adds, “These nuns are essentially trapped in this abbey, and they have to deal with basically keeping the lid on this demonic entity that’s been percolating and bubbling to the surface.  Trying to stem an evil from coming into our world…that’s classic gothic storytelling.”  

And in this ominous fortress, the stakes couldn’t be higher…because nothing is as it seems.

In Philippine cinemas Thursday, September 6, The Nun is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a WarnerMedia Company.

About “The Nun”

New Line Cinema’s horror thriller “The Nun” explores another dark corner of the “Conjuring” universe, whose record-setting films have terrified audiences around the globe.

The new fright-fest, directed by Corin Hardy (“The Hallow”) and produced by James Wan, and Peter Safran, the latter of whom has produced all the films in “The Conjuring” franchise, delves into the shocking origin of the demonic Nun Valak, who first made her evil presence known in “The Conjuring 2.”  

When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate.  Together they uncover the order’s unholy secret.  Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of a nun, as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned.  

• chabilita26chabilita26 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    :worried:

Umiilaw pa ung mata nya sa trailer sa mga cinemas.

• donjuan0010donjuan0010 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    This looks scary :scream:

Kaso walang may gustong sumama sakin para manood :cry:

Tara @chabilita26 watch tayo :)
  • UglySwanUglySwan PEx Rookie ⭐
    Kita-kita mamaya sa The 30th Ayala Malls para sa matatapang na manonood nito! HAHAHAHA 

• Strider07Strider07 Legion PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sama ako manood :lol:
    Strider07 said:
    Sama ako manood :lol:
    Halos puno mga cinemas for 8:00 pm screening time HAHAHA

TAISSA FARMIGA: A FEARLESS NOVICE CONFRONTS EVIL IN “THE NUN”

Taissa Farmiga was still a teenager when she made her feature film debut with a breakout role in the indie feature “Higher Ground,” which premiered to critical acclaim at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.  Now at the young age of 24, Farmiga stars in the lead role of novitiate Sister Irene in New Line Cinema’s horror-thriller “The Nun.”

In the film, a young nun at an abbey in Transylvania has committed the ultimate sin: taking her own life.  Now it is imperative that the church determine if the ground is still holy, or if evil has compromised the Abbey of St. Carta.  To address the dire situation, the Vatican enlists the expertise of Father Burke (Demian Bichir), a clergyman from Philadelphia and one of only a few skilled in testing the validity of miracles and darker phenomenon.  He is joined in the mission by Sister Irene, a novitiate at St. Vincent’s Hospital in England.

Farmiga says, “I think Sister Irene believes this is going to be a straightforward mission.  She doesn’t know how extreme this journey will be, or what kind of emotional strength she will have to muster.  And I don’t think she was ready for the evil existing in the abbey.”

Bichir notes, “At first, her size fools Father Burke, but even though Sister Irene is petite and may look fragile, he learns she can be feisty and I think Father Burke admires that.  Sister Irene is very strong because her spirit is strong.”

Sister Irene has a past littered with pain, and while her troubled youth may have led her to the convent, it is also why she has yet to take her vows.  “She is also dealing with inner demons,” Farmiga observes.  “As a child, she had visions and dreams that haunted her.  As a young woman, the church had welcomed her and encouraged her to devote herself to God by becoming a nun, and she willingly followed that because as she got on that path, the visions faded away.  But she never really got an answer for them, and I think the reason she was so open to going on this journey was finding the truth.  She is questioning her future, asking: ‘Am I doing what I’m supposed to be doing?’”

Farmiga invested so deeply in her character that she actually battled nightmares over the course of the production.  Director Corin Hardy offers, “Taissa is an incredibly gifted actress and in creating the fear her character goes through, she was constantly faced with these terrifying visions and traumatizing moments.   She really went the distance in getting Sister Irene to respond the way she does, so the audience can feel it too.  I’m indebted to her for that.”

In Philippine cinemas Thursday, September 6, The Nun is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a WarnerMedia Company.

About “The Nun”

• The Nun (2018) can be predictable but it can still give you the chills.

https://jonasuniverse.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-nun-2018.html

You can book movie tickets here:

https://www.popcorn.app/ph/the-nun/movie/9317
  • Naked_SalvationNaked_Salvation Moderator PEx Moderator
    Watched it last Saturday. Jump scares were a bit predictable na but I liked the story and yung connection n'ya sa Conjuring 1 & 2.
    edited September 2018
    Agree. Maganda sya pero amongst all the movies sa Conjuring Universe, sa The Nun lang ako nakatulog nang mahimbing after watching. Maybe because predictable na ung ghost. Pero overall the movie is okay!
    “THE NUN” AMASSES $200 MILLION WORLDWIDE, P239-MILLION IN PH

New Line Cinema’s horror thriller “The Nun” crossed $200 million at the global box office Sept. 15, in only its second weekend in release.  The latest hit in the studio’s hugely successful “Conjuring” universe, “The Nun” has pushed the already highest-grossing horror franchise to more than $1.4 billion…and counting. 

In the Philippines, “The Nun” has become the All-Time Biggest Grossing Horror Movie Industry-Wide, as its cumulative gross has reached a staggering P239.8-M, after only nine days.  The announcement was made by Francis Soliven, General Manager of Warner Bros. Philippines which distributed the film.

The film was No.1 at the PH box-office for the Sept 12 – 16 frame, haunting an additional P76.8-M to its coffers.

Tom Molter, Head of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, stated, “‘The Nun’ continues to scare up audiences around the world, and records are being broken in every region—particularly in Latin America and Mexico, where the popularity of star Demian Bichir has drawn fans to the cinema in big numbers.  We applaud the whole cast, as well as all of the filmmakers behind ‘The Nun,’ on this tremendous success.”

Jeff Goldstein, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, said, “This is another great milestone for New Line Cinema’s horror-verse, which continues to set new standards for the genre.  We congratulate them and everyone involved in creating another terrifying time at the movies, including director Corin Hardy, producers James Wan and Peter Safran, and the cast, led by Demian Bichir and Taissa Farmiga.”

Now playing in Philippine cinemas, “The Nun” is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file