Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

MERALCO Manila Electric Company (Sinulid ng Manggagawa)

watsupbrowatsupbro PExer
edited March 2019 in The Working Filipino #1
Hindi ko alam eh. Is it okay to work sa Meralco? Got any comments?Would appreciate an answer.Thanks

Comments

• My dad used to work there & I also used to work there in the summer when I was in college. Ok dun, daming benefits, mahilig magmerrienda mga tao, everbody sleeps during lunch and you can have an early lunch, plus you get a free sack of rice every month ;)
  • Thank you...yun lang kasi ang alam kong benefits nila eh...the sack of rice per month..:D Medyo nagdududa ako...I need to decide by friday.
  • Originally posted by boywonder
    Thank you...yun lang kasi ang alam kong benefits nila eh...the sack of rice per month..:D Medyo nagdududa ako...I need to decide by friday.

woops sorry guy ayaw matanggal ng username mo dito eh...
  • testing...
  • sori guy you and I must be working at the same company...anyhow okay na...:D
  • Originally posted by Sorsha
    My dad used to work there & I also used to work there in the summer when I was in college. Ok dun, daming benefits, mahilig magmerrienda mga tao, everbody sleeps during lunch and you can have an early lunch, plus you get a free sack of rice every month ;)

i used to work for CIS... that's inside meralco din... and tama si Sorsha! mahilig nga mag merienda mga tao dun! yun past time namin dati... :glee:

ay teka ano ba palang position pinag applyan mo watsupbro?
  • Originally posted by pinbox

i used to work for CIS... that's inside meralco din... and tama si Sorsha! mahilig nga mag merienda mga tao dun! yun past time namin dati... :glee:

ay teka ano ba palang position pinag applyan mo watsupbro?

Branch Representative....done with the interview all I have to do is report within a month..hmmm....dko pa alam eh. bhala na.:D
  • Share naman the benefits, starting salary range, cool ba magwork dito?
  • Loans (almost all kinds), very good medical benefits (for you and your immediately family), gym (has its own sports and recreation center in Ortigas), rice allowance (not sure if they still give this though), and much more...this company is a good provider for its employees and their families. No wonder most of them stay until their retirement.

Starting salary is ok. Not as high as the multinationals, but as mentioned the company gives very good employee benefits.

Lots of "extracurricular" activities (parties, concerts, sports tournaments, etc). The company gives employees lives outside of their work. The culture is quite relaxed, though employees are required to be in corporate attire.

The work? It depends on the department you are assigned to. It's best if your work is directly related or very essential to their core business, which is power distribution. If not it could become very boring and stagnant later on.

:)
  • im working at meralco as contractual employee. based from my observation the company offers good benefits. Ok ang mga big bosses but yung mga co-workers na regulars hay naku kairita. ipapafeel nila sayo na contractual ka lang.masyado mataas ang tingin sa kanilang sarili. parang inde nagdaan sa pagiging contractual at mahilig magpasa ng trabaho nila sa mga contractual. yun iba naman ay nakakapasok lang dahil may kakilala o backer. di ba badtrip yun. kainis. kaya me tatapusin ko lang ang contract ko at aalis na ko.
  • leesnleesn PEx Rookie ⭐
    hi! my sister has been working in meralco for 13-14 years (i think). my dad retired after 30 years of service. the salary and benefits are ok. one of the benefits we really like, for Lopez companies, is MESALA. there's a kind of savings there that earns more than 17% per annum. however, the medical benefits could be better. mas maganda kung hmi or medicard ang naka-issue for the employees and their dependents =).
  • how to apply at MERALCO??...matagal ba maregular??
    thanks
  • wow, thanks a lot for the feedbacks. I'm planning to apply na:D
  • you can visit www.meralco.com.ph for careers.
  • To tell you honestly, I don't want to work there. Mommy ko nagsabi na "meron daw na pa-kotse dun."

Sabi ng barkada ko, mababa daw magpa-suweldo tsaka kuripot pagdating sa benepisyo.

Anyone working in Meralco? I mean, sa office ha, hindi yung taga-tanggal ng wiring sa poste ng kuryente?
  • bongkersbongkers PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I take it you haven't worked there yet. Actually the benefits are quite good. though as far as i know the car plan is for those who are a bit more senior.

But it all depends on what you want to do, what you're looking for and what job opening you are applying for there.
  • Ah talaga? Thanks for the info. Need some insights from you guys. Thanks
  • mababa ang basic fringe benefits are good naman pero if you plan to build a career, a friend who works there tells me you can retire after about 15 years of work.
  • The car plan benefit for senior management was removed 2 years ago to cut costs. I'm not sure if they restored it, or if they plan to restore it.

Basic pay is low, but the medical benefits are good. The culture is relaxed, since Meralco has no competitors yet. Employees stay for like 10, 15, 20 or so years.

But as mentioned above, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want a career in IT, look elsewhere. There's hardly any advancement.
  • bongkersbongkers PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Meralco's IT is currently outsourced to Soluziona Philippines.

But it's true that the culture is somewhat relaxed. If you plan to have a long career, Meralco can support you. If you want something dynamic and always on the go, you might be better served elsewhere.

As a friend of mine and i were discussing, when you're young and still desperate to learn and try new things, Meralco probably isn't too appealing. But when you're more established and stable in your life, you just might long for the stability of Meralco's working environment.